What is hypnosis?

This is the place to post whatever questions you have related to the teachings of Eckhart Tolle. The rest of us will do whatever we can to help you achieve a better understanding :)

What is hypnosis?

Postby Lianna » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:26 am

Hey there,
Another question from me. :)
I wondered how hypnosis would be explained by Eckhart, does anyone have some thoughts to share on that?

I experienced hypnosis in the past, when I was a child, and although I did not believe it would have an effect on me, it did. That really surprised me.
The hypnotist had a real influence and he actually did things that were not ok (on a sexual level), but I accepted them because I was hypnotized.
It really confuses me, because how can the deeper consciousness be so far gone that when something bad that happens to the body, is not perceived as bad anymore?
Lianna

Re: What is hypnosis?

Postby dijmart » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:15 am

Very interesting indeed, sorry about what happened to you. To me, hypnosis is just another subtle object, to be more specific, it's a state of mind. During hypnosis you're still aware of what's going on, but your conscious mind has taken a backseat to your subconscious mind. Dreams come from the subconscious mind I believe.

Years ago at my husbands work picnic they had a hypnotist/illusionist. Anyways, he asked for people willing to be hypnotized. I raised my hand and he picked me along with about 8 other people.

We were all sitting in chairs while he did his hocus pocus (meaning whatever he did? I don't remember). Anyways, he came up real close to me after about 10 minutes, looked me dead in the eye and said, "I can't hypnotize you, go back to your seat". One other person also went back to there seat, but the other 7 people were running around, clucking like chickens in no time...hahaha! Thank god I can't be hypnotized!
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Return to Questions