A very close call.

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

A very close call.

Postby dijmart » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:36 am

I feel pretty lucky right now. On my way home from work I was almost to a full stop and I heard terrible screaching tires behind me. Before I knew it, a caravan came flying from behind me, to the left side of me and into oncoming traffic, trying to avoid slamming into my car.

Time stood absolutely still for me, until all traffic came to a screaching ...stop! Then, I thanked my lucky stars and headed home to exercise for the first time in a year and possibly have a heart attack from that... :lol:

Btw, there is no spiritual point to this post. I just felt like posting it, since I didn't die today. :D
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Re: A very close call.

Postby painBody » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:45 am

dijmart wrote:I feel pretty lucky right now. On my way home from work I was almost to a full stop and I heard terrible screaching tires behind me. Before I knew it, a caravan came flying from behind me, to the left side of me and into oncoming traffic, trying to avoid slamming into my car.

Time stood absolutely still for me, until all traffic came to a screaching ...stop! Then, I thanked my lucky stars and headed home to exercise for the first time in a year and possibly have a heart attack from that... :lol:

Btw, there is no spiritual point to this post. I just felt like posting it, since I didn't die today. :D

Cheating injury/death can feel quite exhilarating, I suppose. Must have felt like you'd just snorted a gram.

What happened to the caravan ? :D

What kind of exercise ?
painBody

Postby dijmart » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:05 pm

Cheating injury/death can feel quite exhilarating, I suppose. Must have felt like you'd just snorted a gram.

Lol, I don't know about the snorting, since I haven't done that. I'll take your word for it. :)

The lady in the caravan (once she came to a stop) looked like she was in shock. She just sat there, in the wrong lane! The traffic on the other side of the road was going around her.... I took off.

The exercise was my 30 day shred tape. It's circuit training. Oye, I was swearing, grunting and sweating like a pig (TMI?) for 30 min. :lol: yeah, I push myself harder at home. No way I'll swear and grunt in public! Haha!
dijmart

Postby painBody » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:30 pm

dijmart wrote:Lol, I don't know about the snorting, since I haven't done that. I'll take your word for it. :)

The lady in the caravan (once she came to a stop) looked like she was in shock. She just sat there, in the wrong lane! The traffic on the other side of the road was going around her.... I took off.

I haven't snorted any, either, but it sounds like the lady in the caravan has :lol:

dijmart wrote:The exercise was my 30 day shred tape. It's circuit training. Oye, I was swearing, grunting and sweating like a pig (TMI?) for 30 min. :lol: yeah, I push myself harder at home. No way I'll swear and grunt in public! Haha!

Nice ! Some people feel insecure about working out in public, period. Exercising at home gets around that problem, and is convenient. If you look at surveys and statistics, I'm sure 95% of people who want to work out and lose weight, but don't do it ... would actually exercise if they didn't have to get in their cars, drive 20 minutes, find parking, put their stuff in a locker, etc (and in the case of some women, put on their makeup, take it off, then put it on again ... not kidding). The routine of getting to the gym and back can be mentally exhausting in and of itself, esp. after a long day's work.

One little motivation tip I've given people in the past is - find a picture of yourself from the past, when you were in better shape. Stick it on the fridge door, or somewhere you'll see it right when you wake up in the morning or just someplace you can't miss it. Remind yourself of what your goal is.
painBody

Postby kiki » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:15 pm

I wonder if she was on the phone or texting. I avoided being rear-ended by a couple of millimeters about 4 years ago because the driver was texting. I was going the speed limit of 55 mph and the other driver must have been going 75-80 mph. I looked into my rear view mirror and saw I was about to get hit so I swerved to the right shoulder and fish-tailed, nearly losing control. I think that's when the other driver noticed me and swerved to the left and fish-tailed and nearly lost control, and then he kept right on going like a bat out of hell.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby painBody » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:32 pm

kiki wrote:I wonder if she was on the phone or texting.

Yeah, cell phones and Farcebook/Shitter have highlighted a whole new order of magnitude of human stupidity.

Albert Einstein - "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity ... and I'm not sure about the universe."
painBody

Postby dijmart » Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:29 am

Kiki- I wonder if she was on the phone or texting

Ahh, good point and probably true!

Pb- I haven't snorted any, either, but it sounds like the lady in the caravan has :lol:

Lol, snorting AND texting. :lol:

Some people feel insecure about working out in public, period.

Yeah, I'm not a fan! ...At all!
dijmart

Postby meetjoeblack » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:23 am

dijmart wrote:I feel pretty lucky right now. On my way home from work I was almost to a full stop and I heard terrible screaching tires behind me. Before I knew it, a caravan came flying from behind me, to the left side of me and into oncoming traffic, trying to avoid slamming into my car.

I am very happy you are ok.

Time is a very strange thing. I think the Japanese refer to these moments as "satori." I've had few instances of it. Also, my experiences with magic mushrooms and tripping. I've always been fascinated by time, by the past, the future, and present moment. I am glad you were present to the moment and feel refreshed thereafter about how amazing it is to be alive.

I can only imagine what it would be like in your shoes hugging your family good night before bed. So happy you are ok and able to tell the tale as well as many more. :)
meetjoeblack

Postby meetjoeblack » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:27 am

painBody wrote:
kiki wrote:I wonder if she was on the phone or texting.

Yeah, cell phones and Farcebook/Shitter have highlighted a whole new order of magnitude of human stupidity.

Albert Einstein - "Two things are infinite: The universe and human stupidity ... and I'm not sure about the universe."

Your back :D

Yes. This sort of human error and stupidity is infuriating. Infuriating to the point of road rage and even complete and utter unconsciousness. That, in one instant, her life could have ended because of lack of awareness?

The good news is that, she is ok, and able to tell the story. It should go as a reminder to be super cautious when on the road driving or as a pedestrian.
meetjoeblack

Postby turiya » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:15 am

Wow... Glad to hear no one was hurt!

... A very loud wake up call for the caravan lady! (Hopefully.) :wink:
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei
turiya

Postby dijmart » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks guys! :D

Yeah, no harm done (thankfully) and hope she learned a lesson.
dijmart

Return to General Discussion