Request to y'all

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Request to y'all

Postby painBody » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:30 am

I speak to y'all now, not as a devoted Eckhart disciple, but as just another human being going through ... it.

I have realized, from my time on this site, that I am separated from most of you, by the fact that a lot of you are well read about spirituality and this spiritual teacher and that spiritual teacher and quantum mechanics and the "law of attraction" and NDE's and whatever else ... and well-versed in theory. And, that I don't understand any of it ... and don't much want to, either. I'm well-versed in misery ... nothing more, nothing less (it taught me a few things).

I almost don't belong on this site anymore, because I feel like I don't much care where the truth comes from ... if it comes from nothing more than starving to death, let it. I don't want to pass myself off as a disciple of Eckhart or of anyone else coz I'm not.

So, henceforth, whenever I speak, please try to forget that we're on an Eckhart Tolle site. Just assume that we met at Starbucks. If I had to find another forum to talk about the truths of life, I'd be lost, because I don't have the energy to even try. I know y'all here, y'all are a great bunch, and I'd like to stay here.

What I'm saying is ... when I speak, I am likely going to speak just from the perspective of a suffering being, rather than an all-knowing enlightened one ... please account for, and allow for, that, if at all possible.

I couldn't care less about "spirituality". I just care about being sincere whenever I allow my mouth to open, and hope for the same from you.

Danke ... Thank you ... Gracias ... Spacibo
Last edited by painBody on Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
painBody

Re: Request to y'all

Postby Onceler » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:05 pm

Honesty should always be the currency of this site and truth everywhere. Speak your truth, that is spiritual.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby painBody » Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:25 pm

Onceler wrote:Honesty should always be the currency of this site and truth everywhere. Speak your truth, that is spiritual.

:D

(Where is the high-five icon ?)
painBody

Postby rachMiel » Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:08 pm

Greetings pB!

I just wrote this on a Krishnamurti site, thought you'd get what I mean:

"I've had lots of pain in my life, both physical and emotional. At some point my attitude towards this pain changed ... from bemoaning it to learning from it. Pain and suffering can be great teachers. They can also be traps, sirens luring you into a secure-feeling cocoon of pain/suffering. Wallowing or luxuriating in pain/suffering is a sad state of affairs."

(The wallowing/luxuriating might not apply to you, but it sure does to me! It's one of my traps, cocooning in cozy misery.)
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ...
rachMiel

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 4:34 pm

painBody wrote:Just assume that we met at Starbucks.

What I'm saying is ... when I speak, I am likely going to speak just from the perspective of a suffering being, rather than an all-knowing enlightened one ... please account for, and allow for, that, if at all possible.

That's fair enough. Sitting across from you enjoying my coffee I ask you, why do you want to talk so much about your suffering? And what are you so unhappy about?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Mystic » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:23 pm

Suffering is the great teacher. Honesty is the best policy.

Know thyself ...at the core of thy being. :)
Mystic

Postby dijmart » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:05 pm

I just care about being sincere whenever I allow my mouth to open, and hope for the same from you.

You got it! ...

I use to suffer all the time. Just about everything made me suffer to some degree. It sucked. I wont go on about it. Many here know my "story". Something inside me changed though, over the past few years. Now, I rarely suffer. Who'da thunk it? Not me, for sure. So, you never know PB, things could possibly turn around, if you're open to that happening.
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby painBody » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:40 pm

rachMiel wrote:Greetings pB!

I just wrote this on a Krishnamurti site, thought you'd get what I mean:

"I've had lots of pain in my life, both physical and emotional. At some point my attitude towards this pain changed ... from bemoaning it to learning from it. Pain and suffering can be great teachers. They can also be traps, sirens luring you into a secure-feeling cocoon of pain/suffering. Wallowing or luxuriating in pain/suffering is a sad state of affairs."

(The wallowing/luxuriating might not apply to you, but it sure does to me! It's one of my traps, cocooning in cozy misery.)

Why is wallowing a bad thing ?

Can you learn from your pain and still wallow in it at the same time ? Or are we machines that switch from one state completely to the other ? Wallow Mode -> Learn Mode ?
Last edited by painBody on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
painBody

Postby painBody » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:43 pm

Webwanderer wrote:Why do you want to talk so much about your suffering?

This is best explained indirectly with a comparison/analogy.

For the same reason that people who have everything they want going for them, ramble on and on in pages upon pages of blogs, video blogs, etc, about which car they bought or which home they bought or their raise at work or whatever.

If I had things going for me, I'd write about that. I didn't choose to write about suffering. I chose to write about whatever it is I'm going through.

I guess you could say that this site is like a journal for me.

That said, reading (and responding) is always optional. I've seen this response on other forums before. "If you don't like what you're seeing, just change the channel."

Webwanderer wrote:And what are you so unhappy about?

Nothing and everything.
Last edited by painBody on Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
painBody

Postby painBody » Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:46 pm

dijmart wrote:
I just care about being sincere whenever I allow my mouth to open, and hope for the same from you.

You got it! ...

I use to suffer all the time. Just about everything made me suffer to some degree. It sucked. I wont go on about it. Many here know my "story". Something inside me changed though, over the past few years. Now, I rarely suffer. Who'da thunk it? Not me, for sure. So, you never know PB, things could possibly turn around, if you're open to that happening.

Thanks, Dij.
painBody

Postby painBody » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:02 pm

Mystic wrote:Suffering is the great teacher. Honesty is the best policy.

Know thyself ...at the core of thy being. :)

:)
painBody

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:30 pm

painBody wrote:

Nothing and everything.

What makes you unhappy about nothing and everything?

WW
Webwanderer

Postby painBody » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:57 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
painBody wrote:

Nothing and everything.

What makes you unhappy about nothing and everything?

WW

That I am forced to be here against my will, like I'm in prison.

If a person wants out, he/she should be given it, no questions asked .. at least for a lump sum.
painBody

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:41 am

painBody wrote:That I am forced to be here against my will, like I'm in prison.

If a person wants out, he/she should be given it, no questions asked .. at least for a lump sum.

Even if that were true, what about that makes you unhappy? There are lots of people that are here like you, and for that matter even in actual prison, yet they are not necessarily unhappy about it. They find ways to get by without so much suffering. What about it makes you unhappy? (sips coffee.)

WW
Webwanderer

Postby painBody » Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:33 am

Webwanderer wrote:
painBody wrote:That I am forced to be here against my will, like I'm in prison.

Even if that were true, what about that makes you unhappy? There are lots of people that are here like you, and for that matter even in actual prison, yet they are not necessarily unhappy about it. They find ways to get by without so much suffering. What about it makes you unhappy? (sips coffee.)

WW

Coz I don't believe in "getting by".

Since you brought up prison ... remember the line from Shawshank Redemption ? "Get busy living, or get busy dying." That's what I believe in.

I've tried both those options. And, I'm unhappy that this world makes the 2nd option much too difficult, when the 1st option has been exhausted.
painBody

Next

Return to Personal Experiences