A Chuckle A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.

Re: A Chuckle A Day Keeps The Doctor Away

Postby painBody » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:47 am

dijmart wrote:
You're a mutt :P

Well, yes...yes I am. I've used that term myself.

When asked, I tell people I'm 51% Indian and the other 49% Indian.

Do you ever stump anyone with that? Lol

I'm sorry if this is awkward, but I wanna run up to you, give you a big tight hug, and a gentle peck on your cheek :mrgreen:
painBody

Postby dijmart » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:47 pm

I wanna run up to you, give you a big tight hug, and a gentle peck on your cheek :mrgreen:

Awwww nice!!! :D

Was it something I said?...
Take what you like and leave the rest.
dijmart

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:45 pm

Reflections By Will Rogers

William Penn Adair Rogers was better known as Will Rogers. He was born November 4, 1879 and died August 15, 1935. He was an American cowboy, comedian, humorist, social commentator, vaudeville performer, actor and one of the best-known celebrities in the 1920s and 1930s.

Known as Oklahoma's favourite son, Rogers was born to a prominent Cherokee Nation family in Indian Territory, now part of Oklahoma. He travelled round the world three times, made 50 silent films and 21 talkies, wrote more than 4,000 nationally-syndicated newspaper columns and with the passing of time became a world-famous figure. By the mid-1930s, Rogers was adored by the American people. He was the leading political wit of the Progressive Era and also a top-paid Hollywood movie star at the time. Rogers died in 1935 with aviator Wiley Post, when their small air plane crashed near Barrow, Alaska. Here are some of his recommendations:

1. Never slap a man who is chewing tobacco.

2. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.

3. There are two theories about arguing with a woman.
Neither works.

4. Never miss a good chance to shut up.

5. Always drink upstream from the herd.

6. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

7. The quickest way of doubling your money is to fold it
and put it back into your pocket.

8. There are three kinds of men:
The ones that learn by reading.
The few who learn by observation.
The rest of them have to pee on an electric fence
to find out for themselves.

9. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

10. If you're riding ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then
to make sure it's still there.

11. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.

12. After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring.
He kept this up until a hunter came along and shot him.
My advice: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

Finally: Never squat while wearing your spurs!

About Growing Older

First: You will reach a point when you stop lying
about your age and start bragging about it.

Second: The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Third: Some people try to turn back their odometers.
Not me. I want people to know why I look this way.
I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

Fourth: When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth,
think of Algebra.

Fifth: You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

Sixth: I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.

Seventh: One of the many things no one tells you about getting old
is what a nice change it is from being young.

Eighth: One has to wait until evening to be able to tell how good the day has been.

Ninth: Being young is beautiful, but being old is much more comfortable.

Tenth: Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks,
it was called witchcraft. Today they call it golf.

And, finally: If you don't learn to laugh at troubles,
you'll certainly have nothing to laugh at when you're old.

aquarius123esoteric

Postby turiya » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:09 am

This is hilarious to me (because I completely relate to both positions):

https://youtu.be/-4EDhdAHrOg

:lol:
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei
turiya

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 pm

Thank you for sharing this link with us. Very thought provoking as well as funny, isn't it? :-)
aquarius123esoteric

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:13 pm

And quite appropriate.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:36 pm

Traffic Jam With A Difference

Watch the frustration of drivers when they encounter a row of old folks who are crossing a road in an orderly fashion to get to a corner store, only to discover that it’s closed when they are almost there.

See what happens by following the link below:

‘Traffic Jam’
http://www.youtube.com/embed/G0PekTUmBd ... r_embedded

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:04 pm

The Sat Nav

In The Style Of Pam Eyres

I have a little Satnav, it sits there in my car
A Satnav is a driver’s friend, it tells you where you are.
I have a little Satnav, I’ve had it all my life.
It’s better than the normal ones, my Satnav is my wife.
It gives me full instructions, especially how to drive.
‘It’s sixty miles an hour’, it says, ‘You’re doing sixty five’.
It tells me when to stop and start, and when to use the brake,
And that it’s never ever safe to overtake.

It tells me when a light is red, and when it goes to green.
It seems to know instinctively, just when to intervene.
It lists the vehicles just in front and all those to the rear
And taking this into account, it specifies my gear.
I’m sure no other driver has so helpful a device,
For when we leave and lock the car, it continues its advice.

It fills me up with counselling, each journey’s pretty fraught.
So why don’t I exchange it and get a quieter sort?
Ah well, you see, it cleans the house, makes sure I’m properly fed.
It washes all my shirts and things, and keeps me warm in bed.
Despite all these advantages and my tendency to scoff,
I only wish at times that I could turn the darned thing off.

Author Unknown

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:11 pm

Independence Day

Greetings, my fellow Zubukians! I intended to address you today from the balcony of Government House. Unfortunately, current circumstances preclude that, so I must ask you to accept this television broadcast as a substitute. When I finish speaking here, I shall try to make my way to Revolution Square and review the annual parade of our magnificent Republican Guard, after the insurg . . . er . . . merrymakers now occupying that holiest of grounds have, entirely of their own free will, dispersed. I am informed that this will be within an hour.

For all of us, this is a solemn day, yet also a joyous one. Solemn because it gives us the opportunity to commune on a national basis, feeling ourselves at one with our ancestors, and joyous because it was exactly twenty years ago that we threw off the yoke of colonialism. Further, it is nineteen years to the day since the events took place which resulted in my becoming Prime Minister and, three weeks later, President of our beloved country.

I am deeply conscious of the heavy burdens placed upon me by the simultaneous holding of the two highest offices of our state, the more so as there is nobody who will, or can, lift them from me. I fear that I shall not be able to relinquish these duties this side of the grave. We live in troubled times. Everywhere in the world there is disorder, and we cannot insulate ourselves. There is no denying that we have our problems. Even in my own party, the National Alliance for Zubukian Integration, there has been unrest and, it must be admitted, corruption. Many of you will recall that only seventeen short years ago, I was obliged to dismiss the ministers of finance, home affairs, foreign relations and transport. Having no suitable replacements, I was forced to assume their portfolios myself- – yet more responsibilities that I shall, however reluctantly, be required to discharge for the rest of my days.

Why shall I not be able to cast off these millstones? I think you know. During the post-colonial disturbances, every party but my own in our hallowed land simply disintegrated, vanishing virtually overnight. It was left to us alone to carry the inextinguishable torch of democracy. True, there was an attempt made recently to form a viable opposition. To my deepest chagrin, that effort failed. I was greatly distressed by the collapse of the Alternative Progressive Enlightenment- – the APE -party.

Feelings ran high at the time, and the prevailing mood affected me as much as anyone. I cannot look back without a sense of deep sorrow at my last words to the leader of the aspirant rival organisation. I merely intended to convey my admiration of the man as, so to speak, the dominant male in his movement. It was regrettable that I referred to him as the chief ape. Also, my remark was ill-timed, coming as it did two hours before the untimely and, I emphasise, totally accidental demise of that fine young statesman. May his soul forgive me.

The unfortunate disappearance of the APE party was not the last of our troubles. Even now there are elements in our revered homeland intent upon fomenting strife. Indeed, it is for this reason that I speak now from the National Security Compound, surrounded by three- – yes, three- – concentric perimeter fences of four-metre-high electrified wire. I ask you to remember that fact, though the last thing I want is to be separated from you by the defences of a totally impregnable fortress. My dearest wish is to be among you, wringing your . . . hands. Yes, my friends, your hands.

Our former colonial masters claimed to have left us with a working governmental system. I spit upon their assertion. If they had made adequate provision before their departure, why were we compelled to discard their arrangements? We even had to change the name of our country. The colonists left us with what? I will remind you. The stark and unimaginative Zubukia. With our modernisation plan, we changed that in less than two years to the People”s Democratic Republic of Zubukia, or PDRZ. Can anyone doubt that this is more appropriate to our status in the world?

My compatriots, we have recently been the target of unwarranted attention from various external bodies. The international team that visited us last year concluded that literacy standards here had declined since colonial days. I spit upon their report. They said that the level was formerly fifty-two per cent and that it had fallen to twenty-three per cent. Do these meddlers not realise that we have our own traditions, our storytellers, to meet our needs? Notwithstanding that, I strive ceaselessly for improvement. I aim to ensure that in under ten years, there will a book in every school and, where there is evening tuition, a candle in each classroom.

We have been told by another agency, whose name I cannot bear to utter, that we lag behind other democracies in terms of our degree of enfranchisement. I spit upon this supposed finding. Is it not true that every first-born male over the age of forty in our country now has the vote? How does that accord with the monstrous charge against us? Obviously it does not. Our advance has been exemplary and will continue at an appropriate pace.

I must now deal with the most unworthy of all the accusations hurled at us. I refer to a bulletin issued by the World Bank, saying that our ninety-billion-dollar finds of oil, gas, uranium, platinum, gold and copper should have been better used in the last nine years. We are told that a land of four million people should be reaping greater benefits from such bounty. At the risk of being censured for excessive expectoration, I spit upon that document. Such malice can have been engendered only by the fact that no interest has yet been paid on the loan of twelve billion dollars, made to us by the Bank eight years ago.

Who is at fault? These legalised loan sharks should have known better than to bury our poor country under such a mountain of money. Our financial structure could not cope. Inevitably, there was confusion, multipartite transactions and complex pecuniary allocations which I struggle unflaggingly to trace. I was, sorrowfully, obliged to seek the assistance of a certain European country, well-versed in these matters. The World Bank asks where the funds in question are now. I answer that that is m . . . our business. Further, if the masters of usury continue to badger us, I shall, on your behalf, repudiate the debt. Do you hear this, you Shylocks in Washington? Not one shavaster shall I pay.

Now, my friends, the cares of state demand that I leave you for the moment. I hear the clanking and rumbling of those tribulations closing in upon me. They are constantly at my gate. If you can still see or hear this transmission, I ask you to join me in singing our national anthem, Zubukia Forever. Let the rafters ring!

From ‘Madazine’

By kind permission of the author.

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:46 pm

How about a genuine Pam Ayres poem now?
I suspect that someone wrote ‘The Sat Nav’ of a few days ago
in response to Pam’s ode below:

They Should Have Asked My Husband

This world is complicated, imperfect, and oppressed,
And it’s not hard to feel timid, apprehensive and depressed.
It seems that all around us tides of questions ebb and flow;
People want solutions, but they don’t know where to go.
Opinions abound, but who is wrong and who is right?
People need a prophet, a diffuser of the light;
Someone they can turn to, as the crises rage and swirl;
Someone with the remedy, the wisdom and the pearl.

Well, they should have asked my husband!
He’d have told them, then and there,
His thoughts on emigration, teenage mothers, Tony Blair,
The future of the monarchy, house prices in the South,
The wait for hip replacements, BSE, and foot and mouth.

Yes, they should have asked my husband!
He can sort out any mess;
He can rejuvenate the railways, and cure the NHS.
So, any little niggle, anything you want to know,
Just run it past my husband, wind him up and let him go!

Congestion on the motorways, free holidays for thugs,
The damage to the ozone layer, refugees, and drugs?
These may defeat the brain of any politician bloke,
But present it to my husband; he’ll solve it, at a stroke!
He’ll clarify the situation, he will make it crystal clear.

You’ll feel the glazing of your eyeballs
And the bending of your ear.
Corruption at the top? He’s an authority on that,
And the Maffia, Gadhaffia, and Yassa Arafat.
Upon these areas, he brings his intellect to shine,
In a great, compelling voice
That’s twice as loud as yours or mine.
I often wonder what it must be like to be so strong,
Infallible, articulate, self-confident, and wrong.

When it comes to tolerance, he hasn’t got a lot:
Joy-riders should be guillotined,
And muggers ought to be shot!
The sound of his own voice becomes like music to his ears,
And he hasn’t got an inkling that he’s boring us to tears.

My friends don’t call so often;
They have busy lives, I know,
And it’s not every day one wants to hear
A windbag suck and blow.
Encyclopaedias? On them, we never have to call.
Why clutter up the bookshelf, when my husband knows it all?

Pam Ayres

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Fly Yorkshire Airways

For the experience of a lifetime,
please click the link below:

‘Yorkshire Airways’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJxzDYJ4C3Y

Bon voyage and many of them.

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:07 pm

A Spellchecker For Our Time

Eye halve a spelling chequer
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a quay and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
It's rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it
I am shore your pleased two no
It's letter perfect awl the weigh
My chequer tolled me sew.

Martha Snow

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:25 pm

A lady in her late forties felt that she could do with some major plastic surgery, hoping that it would make a new woman out of her. On the operation table she had an out-of-the-body experience in which she met God who told her that she was going to live for another fifty years.

As soon as she had sufficiently recovered from her operation, she hurled herself into a huge rejuvenation programme, lost two stone, had a facelift, a nose job and breast implants, some liposuction and she also dyed her hair. A year later, the woman was hit by a car and killed. Upon reaching Heaven, she rushed up to God and shouted furiously: ‘You told me I was going to live for another fifty years on the Earth plane!’ ‘I’m very sorry about that,’ said God, ‘I didn’t recognise you.’

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:43 pm

Talking Dog For Sale

A man saw a sign in front of a house ‘Talking Dog for Sale.’ He rang the bell and when the owner told him that the dog was in the backyard, he asked: ‘Can I see it?’

‘Yes, of course you can!’ The owner replied and took the man to see the dog.

‘Is it true that you can talk?’ the man asked the creature.

‘Yep,’ it replied.

‘That’s incredible! What’s your story?’

Looking up, the dog said: ‘Well, I discovered this gift when I was young and wanted to help the government. I told the CIA what I could do and in no time they had me moving from country to country, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, as no-one thought a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable spies eight years running. The jetting around tired me out and I knew I wasn’t getting any younger, so I wanted to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security work, mostly wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I uncovered some astonishing things there and was awarded a lot of medals. I’m retired now.’

Amazed, the man turned to the owner and asked how much he wanted for the dog.

‘Ten dollars,’ came the reply.

Stunned by the low price, the man said: ‘But the dog is brilliant. Why are you selling him so cheap?’

‘Because he’s such a liar. He never did any of that!’

aquarius123esoteric

Previous

Return to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization