Food For Thought

Forum rules
In this category please do not start new topics that aren't directly related to Awakening / Spiritual Enlightenment / Truth-Realization.
aquarius123esoteric

Re: Food For Thought

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:39 pm

Success

It’s not the amount of money we have,
Or how many acres we own.
It’s not the mansions we live in
That spells success in our home.

It’s the little things we do each day,
The kind words that are spoken.
It’s helping those who are down and out,
And healing hearts that are broken.

It’s doing any job as best we can.
It’s the loving and giving in life.
It’s the keeping our eye on higher things
And our chins up in every strife.

So, if you’re the kind that wants to succeed,
Make sure you help souls in distress.
A life that is clean, a heart that is true,
Doing our best, at all times,
That alone is true success.

How much better we left our world
Than we once found it,
And the efforts we made to achieve this,
That alone is what counts when,
At the end of our present lifetime,
We once more stand before ourselves,
In the spirit world.

Stripped of everything that belongs to the Earth,
We assess our performance so far.
Everything we have done in all our lifetimes
Up to that point,
Are placed into the scales of Divine justice.
Material success on its own
Brings no spiritual progress and
When weighed in these scales,
It is found wanting.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Reading:
• ‘There Is No Judgement Day’

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:16 pm

Take These Broken Wings

Take these broken wings
And learn to fly again,
And learn to live so free.
And when we hear the voices sing,
The book of love will open up
And let us in.

From the Eighties Song
By Mr. Mister

O Great White Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
Take the broken wings of humankind’s earthly existence
And teach all of us how to fly with the help
Of Your sacred wisdom and truth,
So that it flows ever more powerfully
From Your loving heart
Into every human heart and soul
And from there into our whole world.
Under Your guidance and protection
And in accordance with Your will and wishes,
Keep on opening ever more hearts,
Until each one of us acts as a channel for the
Blessing and healing power of Your love.

Grant us the gift of understanding, so that
On the wings of Your sacred wisdom and truth
We can lift our whole world
Above the woes of our present existence
By recognising them as nothing but lessons
In the school of earthly life
And passing phases.

Mend our broken spiritual wings and show us
The beauty and wonder
Of the spirit realm,
Your world.

Amen

Recommended Viewing:
• ‘I can fly! I really can!’
https://www.youtube.com/embed/ER1PGYe9UZA

From ‘The Spiritual Aspects Of Depression And Suicide’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:47 pm

God’s Nature And Our Own

I believe that we have been granted the gift of another lifetime at this particular time so that we may find a new understanding of God’s nature and our own. For me the best way of approaching such an immense and delicate topic is with the help of astrological concepts. So that’s what we are going to do in this chapter. Let’s start with the fact that everything is of God and that God is everywhere. Nothing in the whole of Creation is beyond or out of the reach of God’s power. God to me is the Divine Trinity of the Great Father/Mother of all life and their only born Son/Daughter, the spirit of the Universal Christ, the light of all lights and the Sun of all Suns.

We were created in God’s image and everything that is in God is therefore also in us. The power aspect of God and us, women and men alike, is masculine; it expresses itself through Fire and Air. The Goddess is its feminine counterpart; she is the devotional, sensitive, feeling aspect of God and the soul of the whole of Creation. Through the feminine elements of Earth and Water, the Mother yields to and shapes herself in response to the creative ideas and impulses she receives from the Father, the masculine aspects of Fire and Air. Fire represents the first spark of creation, the creative idea. It is transmitted through the Air element, a symbolism for the mental faculties of the Highest Mind; our own small earthly mind is an integral part of it.

Even God, and by that I mean its masculine aspect, cannot create anything on its own. God needs his Goddess as much as she needs him; the same is true for the feminine and the masculine parts of our nature. To create new worlds and populate them, God and Goddess on the highest levels of life lovingly work together in harmonious and peaceful co-operation, by silently responding to each other’s wishes. This creative principle applies to all levels of our world and all worlds. To bring into being the badly needed and desired new and peaceful world, each must make their own contribution and do their share of the healing work this requires. The first visible sign that this is happening in our world on the outer level of life is that the genders are beginning to recognise and respect their own and each other’s true value as beloved children of the Universe. It is necessary to accept and bring together all aspects of our nature, so they can learn to work together peacefully and harmoniously, the way they do in our Creator.

The same as God and Goddess cannot exist without each other, we – the children of the Earth – are lopsided and unable to function properly for as long as we are only acting on one aspect of our nature, i.e. the feminine or the masculine. Everybody has a sleeping partner inside who is waiting to be tapped into consciously, so that by coming alive we shall become whole. The feminine is the guiding, caring and nurturing presence that protects all lifeforms in all worlds. When the masculine element Fire, together with its companion Air, is left to its own devices without the restraining, softening and cooling influence of the feminine elements Earth and Water, their counterpart, it is bereft of all feelings and becomes increasingly destructive. Warring nations at each other’s throats, inventing ever more devilish contraptions of destruction bear witness to the truth of this.

The masculine Fire sign Sagittarius rules vast topics like higher education of all kinds, among them religions and philosophies. Fire in this sign is of a spiritual nature and is said to burn mellower than in the other Fire signs. Do not be deceived by this though! Although the fire burns in a different way in Sagittarius, it can turn into the most destructive one of all. By the time it reaches this sign, even an unevolved soul has its learning from the Aries and Leo experiences under its belt. When the Sagittarian fire unites itself with the negative aspects of these two signs, the result can be worked out on two fingers; it can be an especially lethal combination in the context of religions. Just look at the state of our world now and see for yourself how the push, drive, enthusiasm, over-confidence, arrogance and intolerance of Aries, ruled by Mars, the God of war, comes together with the abundance of creative ideas of Leo. Now, take a look at the weapons arsenal of our world and you can see what happens when they are applied to means of destroying each other.

To this day, there is much evidence in our world that a small amount of knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing. All along it seems to have been very much part of unevolved human nature that having got hold of one small corner of God’s truth, we believe to have found the answer to everything. In such cases the Sagittarian fire may express itself as religious fanaticism that is willing to go on the rampage and turn us into a crusader. Carried away by the missionary zeal of our still limited vision of life we then allow ourselves to be guided by the dogma and creed of religions, whose teachings could have long lost most of their validity for the times we live in. Either we choose such a belief system consciously in this lifetime or, unbeknown to our earthly self now, we do so before physical birth in the world of spirit. Another expression is the priest who blesses those who go to war and the weapons for maiming, killing and suppressing others.

The human spirit in both genders, without its soul, is masculine. It is in this world to become familiar with all its aspects and learn their wise handling. First and foremost it must get to know the destructiveness of its nature, and that pain is the result when any of God’s creatures is hurt. The best way of demonstrating this is through having to spend as many lifetimes in physicality as it takes to learn this. Every spirit and its soul must spend time on the Earth plane and move about in a physical body, an extremely delicate and sensitive vehicle, so each can find out through their own experiences that this body gets hurt easily and, at the extreme end of the scale, can be killed and lost for good.

That is why time and again, a new physical body has to be created through souls who are already on the Earth plane. Into it enters a spirit, equipped with its own soul that is capable of absorbing and retaining the knowledge and understanding that is gained; through them it grows and expands. There is no way of imbibing life’s most vital lessons, like getting to know the meaning of pain or death and dying, than at times finding ourselves alternatively at the giving and the receiving end of painful experiences.

Will and power are the masculine aspects of God; wisdom and love are their feminine counterpart, the Goddess. In inexperienced souls the masculine is likely to still express itself in an unrestrained lust for power, no matter what the cost. For as long as the soul is still lost in the darkness of its ignorance of its own true nature and spiritual requirements, it seeks to wield power over others by dominating and suppressing them. Those who are in some way weaker, dependent, helpless and therefore unable to put up any serious resistance are particularly at risk, especially children and animals.

If only those who to this day see their only role in life as dishing out suffering to all and sundry, knew what kind of Karma they are so happily creating for themselves and that in due course every bit of it is sure to return to them. Yet, let’s not sit in judgement over any one of them, but forgive them as we too must have been through such experiences, because no-one can learn our lessons for us.

From ‘Healers And Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Negative People

For as long as we allow them to,
Negative people try to:
• Demean our value.
• Destroy our image
• And self-confidence.
• Damage our dreams.
• Discredit our imagination.
• Refuse to believe in our abilities
• And don’t trust our opinions.
• Undermine our self-confidence and
• Trust in the basic goodness of life.

The dark energies of negative people draw more of the same towards them. And the gloom of their perception of life and their inability to see something good in anything, when endured for too long can drag you down into the abyss of their depression. Psychic protection is recommended when you have to be with one of them. Best of all, steer clear of them as much as possible.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

Recommended Reading:
• ‘Psychic Protection’

From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:31 pm

Vision

The lens through which I look
Is clouded and distorted.
Shapes and images play across my mind.
I must have been blind.

What filter have I been using
To view the world, to see myself?
Generations of do’s and don’ts, fail and pass
Have clouded the glass.

Through the years, the tears
Fall silently down the pane, and
Looking out I perceive
The outside landscape of what’s in me.

No longer will my sight
Be predetermined by someone else.
The view is clear, the time is right
Thankful I receive my second sight.

The glistening pane is now clear
As each image comes into view
Finally I can see –
The real me.

Laurie D. Werner

From ‘Astrology As A Lifehelp In Relationship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:18 pm

The One In The Glass

When you get what you want in your struggle for self,
And you’re toast of the world, for a day,
Just go to a mirror and look at yourself,
And see what you then have to say.

It isn’t our partner, children or friend,
Who judgement upon us must pass;
The one whose verdict counts most, in the end,
Is staring at us, from the glass.

Some folks may think us a ‘straight-shooting’ chum’
And call us a person of place,
But the one in the glass says we’re only a bum,
If we can’t look ourselves in the face.

We’re the one we have to please, not the rest!
We’re with ourselves, right up to the end,
And shall have passed our most dangerous, difficult test,
If the one in the glass still is our friend.

We may fool the whole world, down the pathway of years,
And get pats on the back, as we pass.
Yet, our final reward will be heartaches and tears,
If we’ve lied to the one in the glass.

Anon.

From ‘Words Of Hope & Encouragement’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:25 pm

The Things That Really Matter

I grew up in the thirties, forties and fifties and had very practical parents. My mother, God love her and rest her soul, washed aluminium foil after she cooked in it, to prepare it for another use. She was the original recycle queen before anyone had invented a name for this kind of behaviour. My father was one of those who could put his hand to anything. Every spare moment he could find – and people worked very hard and long hours in those days, so there weren’t many of them – he used to repair things around the house or for making something.

My parent’s marriage was good, their dreams were focused and a circle of relatives and friends lived close by. I can see the two of them now, father with a pipe in his mouth, pushing his manual lawn mower and mother with an apron round her middle, a dishcloth and a duster in her hands. People knew how to fix things in those days and everything was mended from curtain rods, radios, screen doors, ovens and their doors, to every part of clothing. Things were kept instead of thrown away.

When I think of this way of life these days it drives me crazy with all its fixing and renewing. I reached a point when I believed that wasting things meant being affluent and I felt safe in the knowledge that there would always be some more of everything. But when my mother died, I realised that sometimes there just can’t be any more. The pain of this discovery struck me very hard, but through it I learned how occasionally that which we care about most gets worn out and goes from us, never to return. That’s why these days the people, animals and things I treasure in my life, I love and care for to the best of my ability. Whenever possible, I try to fix things when they’re broken and make every effort to heal what has become sick.

This is as true for old garments, appliances and houses as it is for aging parents and grandparents, partners and other loved ones. We keep them in our lives because they deserve to be kept and we are worthy of having them around. And when we have matured spiritually, it’s good to eventually find out that some things really can be kept forever. This is because love is the law of life and the greatest power in the whole of Creation that nothing will ever be able to destroy. First in line of these things are beloved parents and partners, then siblings and other relatives, as well as friends who have moved on into the world of light. Not much needs to change in any of these relationships. Don’t take my word for it. Just find a quiet space, calm the outer mind and listen deep into your heart. You may hear the following message from them:

‘Life is eternal and the human spirit is immortal. Life is an absolute and unbroken continuity and in truth there is no death. On the inner level all is one, and you always have been as much part of me as I am of you. Nothing needs to change between you and me, just because I have gone through the great transformation before you. If that’s what we both wish, our relationship can remain the same it always was. Between you and me life can continue to be everything it has always meant to us.

‘My departure from the physical plane was no accident. It was meant to happen exactly when it did. For your sake – not mine – make an effort to accept this, the way I have done. And don’t believe anyone who tries to tell you that because I am out of your sight, I should also be out of your mind. That can only happen, if you want it to be this way. But if you still yearn for me, the way I long for you, the death of my physical body is going to present us with many opportunities for coming closer to each other than it was ever possible in earthly life.’

The rest of this message you can find in
‘Death – Where Is Thy Sting?’

From ‘Words Of Wisdom For Friendship Healing’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:03 pm

A Course In Relationship Healing

When it comes to healing all their relationships
The most important words for wise ones are:
1) ‘I made a mistake. I truly am sorry.
I want to learn from it and do better.
Will you help me and meet me halfway?’
They don’t say these things unless they truly mean them.
2) ‘You did a good job!’
3) ‘What is your opinion?’
4) ‘If you please!’
5) ‘Do you mind?’
6) ‘Thank you!’
7) ‘We’
And the least important word for wise ones is: ‘I’

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:07 pm

A Sigh

Sigh no more, ladies, sigh no more,
Men were deceivers ever;
One foot in sea, and one on shore,
To one thing constant never.
Then sigh not so,
But let them go,
And be you blithe and bonny,
Converting all your sounds of woe
Into Hey nonny, nonny.

Sing no more ditties, sing no more
Of dumps so dull and heavy;
The fraud of men was ever so,
Since summer first was leavy.
Then sigh not so,
But let them go,
And be you blithe and bonny,
Converting all your sounds of woe
Into Hey nonny, nonny.

William Shakespeare
English poet, playwright and actor
1564-1616

Sigh no more, dear Ladies.
The patriarchy is definitely over
And with it the domination of the
Male forces of our world
Over their feminine counterpart.
A golden age already is in full swing
That with the passing of time will
Establish in our world the total
Equality of the genders,
Peacefully and harmoniously
Both of them together will be
Striving to serve the highest good
And the greatest joy of all.

But if you have to sigh, dear Ladies,
Do so for those among the males of our species
Who are finding it hard to adjust to their new role
As equal partners of the women around them.
Tap into gift of the love and wisdom
You have inherited from the Great Mother.
Use it freely to teach the men
You come into contact with
How to treat all women with
The respect they deserve as the
Ones through whom life is given.

Aquarius

Recommended Viewing:
• Un Sospiro
By Franz Liszt
(A Sigh)

• Video 1
• Video 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV9o8C779qI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emBVR7vTe6U

Best watched full screen.

From ‘The End Of The Patriarchy And Return Of The Great Mother’

‘War And Peace Between Nations’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:37 pm

Kindness

Kindness is a present anyone can give.
Sometimes as simple as a smile,
A word of understanding,
Time for chatting a while,
Writing a letter, a text or an e-mail.

Such gifts anyone can bring
Who thinks of us with a loving heart.
When they come wrapped in the warmth
From deep within the sender,
Their beauty sets each day apart.

Sandie Stevens
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:06 pm

Forget And Remember

Forget each kindness you do, as soon as it’s done,
The praise that falls upon you, the moment it’s won.
Any slander you hear. Never repeat it.
Every slight, spite and sneer, whenever you meet it.

But remember every kindness that’s done to you, whatever its measure.
Praise by others won and return the same to them with pleasure.
Every promise you make and keep it, to the letter.
Those who lend you and help them by being a grateful debtor.

Remember any happiness that ever came your way in living.
Forget worries and distress, and be hopeful and forgiving.
Remember everything that’s good and true,
And never forget that the Heavens are watching over you.
That way you are sure to find from youth to old age,
That many hearts love you.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:39 pm

I Wish You Enough

I wish you enough Sunshine to keep your attitude bright,
No matter how grey some days may be.

I wish you enough rain,
To help you appreciate the Sun
And so the good things of the Earth can grow.
They need both, the same as we do.

I wish you enough understanding
To recognise and accept this,
So that instead of grumbling about it
You give thanks to the Highest Forces of life
And praise them for glory of their wisdom.

I wish you the kind of happiness
That comes from knowing your true nature
And that the essence of your being is immortal and eternal.

I wish you enough pain,
To make the smallest joys of your earthly existence
Appear much bigger.

I wish you enough gain,
To satisfy all your wanting,

But I also wish you enough loss,
So you appreciate everything you have got.

And I wish you enough awareness,
To get you through what’s generally called final good-byes,
Knowing that the spirit and soul of your loved ones is immortal
Like yours and cannot die.
Even when they depart from the earthly plane of life,
Saying good-bye is never final at all.

Created by Anon.
Edited by Aquarius

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:55 pm

Solitude

With every day that passes
I re-discover my need for times of solitude.
I have found that without them it is impossible to recognise
Myself and everybody else in the light of who we truly are:
The beloved children of the Great Father/Mother of all life.
On the earthly plane most of us are struggling hard
To deal with the results of the seeds sown
By our own ignorance and weakness,
Selfishness and greed, anxieties and fears.

To overcome these aspects of our lower nature,
They have to be accepted by us into
The light and warmth of our Christ nature,
With love and forgiveness for ourselves and
All those who ever trespassed against us.
The work involved can only be carried out in true solitude,
Because on the inner level we are then
More firmly connected with others.
This makes it easier to love and forgive them
The way God loves and forgives us.

There is a difference between false and true solitude:
One is a flight from the people around us
That separates us from them.
But the other helps us to feel our oneness with them.
In false solitude we are alone with our own
Selfishness and sadness, pain and bruised sensitivities.
True solitude allows us to communicate with our Creator,
And everything that exists in our world and all others.
Through this our inner connection with all life
Finds the healing that is essential at this time
Of our own individual spiritual rebirth
And that of our whole race and world.
And the awareness of everyone’s Divinity
Brings us the realisation that in spirit
All of us truly have always been brothers and sisters.

True solitude provides us with the breaks
Everybody needs from time to time
To reflect on and contemplate things,
So they can be assimilated into our consciousness.
In this process we get to understand ourselves,
The purpose and meaning of our existence
And our pathway through life better.

From ‘Prayers & Words Of Wisdom From Around Our World’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:32 pm

Birthday Prayer

Reflecting on this lifetime’s journey, so far,
Mother-Father Creator, from where I stand now,
It is easy to see that Your Grace has always been with me,
And that the failings, dangers and mistakes of my life,
As well as the joys, pleasures and adventures were necessary
For teaching me many invaluable lessons.

Thank You for the loving support of all those around me
And also for the wisdom of my spirit guides and helpers.
The more I progress in life, the more I can feel
That they have always been there for me,
Guiding, inspiring and encouraging me to carry on,
No matter what lessons were presenting themselves.

At times it has been easy to feel Your presence,
But all too frequently it felt as if I had to walk by faith alone.
Forgive me for being slow and finding it hard to trust
Your guidance and protection,
And for the times I was unkind and unloving,
Towards others as well as myself,
And whenever else I failed to make good use of Your Grace.

From the bottom of my heart and soul
I thank you for my ever growing awareness of
Your loving presence in me and my life
And for my ever deepening understanding
That You are as much part of me, as I am of You.

My journey through the rest of my present lifetime
Is lit by the memories of past mercies You have shown me,
Beloved Mother-Father Creator.
May the Christ Spirit with its wisdom and love
Come ever more fully alive in me,
So that I can serve You,
The way You always have been and forever will be
Serving me and my life, and all life.

May Your servants, the Angels and Masters
And all other spirit friends and helpers forever be with me,
To guide and protect me,
And keep me and my world from all harm.
All thanks and praise, all glory and honour be to You
For the gift of my life and all life.

Amen

George Appleton
Edited by Aquarius

From ‘Prayers & Words Of Wisdom From Around Our World’

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Healing Prayer For Disaster Victims

Great Spirit, Father/Mother of all life,
And Your only born Son/Daughter,
The Spirit of the Universal Christ,
May the Light of power, courage and strength
Flow freely into those affected by natural disasters
Like earthquakes, flooding and landslides,
And also of the human-made catastrophes
Of war and other acts of terrorism,
Wherever they may be taking place.

Grant us and our world also the gift of
Your infinite wisdom and love,
So that together with You and the Angels
We may lift the spirits and souls of those
Who under the influence of the powers of
Darkness and destruction have to return
To our true home, the spirit world,
Guided and protected by
The Angels of Rescue and Death.
May they not only find rest, peace and healing
In that world, but also a better understanding of the
Purpose and meaning of humankind’s earthly existence.

Meanwhile we give
Thanks and praise to You and the Angels
For ensuring that none of us will
Ever be lost in the vastness of space and time,
Left behind and forgotten,
And that all human beings,
Wherever they may find themselves,
Will forever be resting securely
In Your loving arms.

May our hearts and souls be filled with forgiveness
For those who are still taking part in the
Earliest parts of their earthly education.
And may the radiance of Your Light
Shine into their hearts and souls,
So that they too open and
The Divine spark within them
Stirs from its slumber.
And may the hearts of the older and
More experienced souls in our midst
Be filled with forgiveness for their younger siblings
In the great family of humankind.
Grant these people the gift of understanding that
The lessons the young ones are presently taking part in
Are similar to those they once that took them
Through the initial stages of their earthly education.

As payment for our karmic debts,
Help us older souls to patiently endure
What the youngsters are inflicting upon us,
In their ignorance of their true nature
And the existence of Your Universal laws,
Thus creating ever more
Difficult Karma for themselves.
Undoubtedly, for them too
The time will come,
In one or several of their future lifetimes,
When they have to make good
The debts they are incurring now.
It will then be their turn to suffer,
The same as we are doing now,
At the hands of the youngsters
Who are treading the evolutionary pathway
Behind them.

May this knowledge help
The Christ nature characteristics
Of compassion, forgiveness and love
Unfold and blossom in ever more human hearts.
And may Your Divine courage and strength
Flow into survivors of any kind and all who are
Lovingly attending to the sick and wounded
In mind and body, spirit and soul.
These things we are asking from You,
In the name of love,
Your name and ours,
For the blessing and healing
Of our world and all worlds.

Amen

From ‘Healers And Healing’