A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Alicia

Re: CANNOT cope with this fear

Post by Alicia » Mon May 20, 2019 6:47 pm

Fantastic Sami, really good work :D

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Mon May 27, 2019 11:35 am

So I’m trying to stay present and practising what WW has suggested, I have had so much sick time off work due to this anxiety and I have had a text message this morning from my boss saying she wants to speak to me when I go in on Wednesday as I have had so much time off in a short space of time and she is concerned about it.

I am now projecting I am going to get fired.

How do I deal with this? I have a young daughter to support.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon May 27, 2019 3:51 pm

SamiT, no one can save you from your own creations. The good news is life starts Now. It always starts now. What will you create Now? Will you continue to feed your current creations with fear and concerns and imaginings? Or will you create something new through new ways of thinking and feeling and imagining?

Look at the title of your thread. "CANNOT cope with this fear" 'CANNOT' in all caps. Yelling it out. Think how creative that kind of energy is - driving it into your subconscious belief system. I suggest you eliminate such mental screaming from your vocabulary. Begin saying, thinking, and feeling - I CAN. Not just the words, but the feeling and belief that can support them with creative energy. I find affirmations have little value as they are just words. It's belief that has creative power. Belief gets into your subconscious mind and focuses energy when your conscious mind is flittering around doing other things.

Consider the feeling difference in just saying something you want to be true, with the feeling of genuinely acknowledging that something is true. There is a significant and effective difference in these two expressions. Really sit down and feel this out. It matters.

As to what will happen when you meet with your boss, it's hard to say. The more useful question is how will you approach it? Will you go in with fear and dread? Your current mind set suggests that you will. Or will you go in with the belief that it will be okay regardless of what happens? One will contract your perception of possibilities and limit your choices, the other will open your perception of possibilities and expand your choices. Maybe you'll get fired. Maybe you'll be given a last warning. Whatever happens go in with a sense of your own value. Know that you have something to offer. You do - unless you believe you don't. But that is not a reality, it is a choice. Choose wisely in your own best interests.

WW

SamiT

Post by SamiT » Mon May 27, 2019 7:37 pm

I know no-one can save me from my own creations, i am finding it hard not to hate the life i have created for myself and its lasting impact from that trauma from 7 years ago.

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Mon May 27, 2019 8:39 pm

...i am finding it hard not to hate the life i have created for myself and its lasting impact from that trauma from 7 years ago.
Change what you believe about the trauma. Change what you believe about your current life experience. It's really that simple. I don't mean to say it's easy. But there is no need to look for complex solutions when a simple one will do.

It's like muscle memory for the mind. Athletes repeat the same movements over and over and over again so as to create muscle memory. Then when it's game time they don't have to think about it, it's automatic based on muscle memory. It's the same way with thinking. Repeat over and over and over again, with feeling and emotion, to change the automatic responses that you have developed that now work against your best interests, into ones that work - automatically - in your best interest. It's a matter of choice and follow through until it's who you are.

WW