Awareness means you know everything?

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Nyseto

Awareness means you know everything?

Post by Nyseto » Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:49 am

I had this funny insight through doing some inquiry. When I abide as awareness, I am basically implying that I know everything there is to know so I no longer need to TRY to know. This doesn't mean I no longer think, it's more like awareness uses thinking as a tool but there's no "I" thought in it, it's just thinking happening by itself. It's no longer mind using mind, it's awareness using mind. When I would do the type of ego thinking (we all want to be free of), I am basically trying to think my way to awareness meaning I would try to find peace with the mind. "Once I figure this out or understand this, THEN I will be complete." Since awareness is infinite, that means it's also omniscient meaning it knows everything. This leads me to one conclusion: there is a difference between thinking and knowing. Only awareness knows, thinking doesn't know anything, it only differentiates. When trapped in egoic thought, I would mistake it to be what thinking is but instead egoic thought is thought that TRIES to know or tries to be like awareness, it has nothing to do with actual thinking whatsoever. When I abide as awareness, it's as if I am truly thinking for the first time because it comes from a place where I am already all knowing. Only awareness carries absolute knowledge or is considered to be the only real intelligence. When in egoic thought, you're not thinking at all actually! That's why insanity happens to be the byproduct of egoic thought.

In a nutshell, if you want to know everything, then give up trying to know. The absolute is beyond thought, it can never be found IN thought as the "I thought". If you are trying to know anything as a separate entity, you're simultaneously implying that you don't know anything which causes the feeling of being limited and clueless. Therefore to be omniscient or to know everything is to be knowING because life itself is made of knowing. Life is not a noun, it's a verb. It moves, it changes, it transforms, it is experiencING, it's not frozen in place which is why it can never be known as an object. Life is existence itself so to know life is to be this knowingNESS which is a quality of being. I asked myself why it is this way and realized that you can't have an experience of no experience..that is why life "is". Fear of death is not knowing life, it is assuming that death means the absence of experience when instead death is just the stripping away of all that's not you.

I took this inquiry pretty far because I previously realized that awareness is a not knowing, knowing. If through not knowing anything at all (giving up the mind), I come to finally know...what is IT that awareness really knows then? It knows love. And with that being said, love and awareness are interchangeable. Only awareness knows love, and only love knows awareness since awareness is love.
"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

waverider

Re: Awareness means you know everything?

Post by waverider » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:14 am

Yes awareness knows love. Only thing that takes me out of loop-thinking is the thought of love.

Nyseto

Post by Nyseto » Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:36 am

waverider wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:14 am
Yes awareness knows love. Only thing that takes me out of loop-thinking is the thought of love.
So stay there then.
"There is no such thing as enlightenment. The appreciation of this fact is itself enlightenment." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

turiya

Post by turiya » Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:10 pm

Nyseto wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 2:49 am
Only awareness knows love, and only love knows awareness since awareness is love.
Lovely! :D
“We ourselves are not an illusory part of Reality; rather are we Reality itself illusorily conceived.” - Wei Wu Wei

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:19 am

yum yum yum to your post Nyseto :)
This leads me to one conclusion: there is a difference between thinking and knowing. Only awareness knows, thinking doesn't know anything, it only differentiates.
:lol: yes!
Life is existence itself so to know life is to be this knowingNESS which is a quality of being. I asked myself why it is this way and realized that you can't have an experience of no experience..that is why life "is".
When I was in whatever the 'nde' state is, experiencing sans body/physical resistance awareness, this was exactly it - no separation - just 'is' all and everything, including all the possible and real-ised potentials of interpretation and experience and expression of any tiny little thing, and all everything.

love, Don Miguel Ruiz said - is the equilibrium of gratitude and generosity.
When every possible element of everything is perfectly balanced - which it always is, we just don't real-ise many of the elements in individuation, and so we experience elements of it in slowed down time/frequency, not the whole soup.

For me it was just that at different frequencies energies illuminate - make knowable - different elements, or at the highest frequencies the whole soup.

Yet the value of 'ego thinking' or individuated perspective / 'life' experience is in allowing individual elements of it to arise / separate out of the soup and be experienced in ways that are not possible to fully appreciate in the higher frequency (all / blended into equilibrium) state.

(> in a long simmered chicken soup the pepper is not fully appreciated for all that it is, none of the elements of it can be in that state, - put pepper on your tongue and that's a whole different experience, > be a pepper seed having its experience and individuated interactions again totally different experience.)

Awareness is like energetic experiencing microscope and telescope all at once - equilibrium of gratitude and generosity - but it views /knows the elements of it - it doesn't experience it, or the elements of it, if that makes sense.

All life, for me, is just different experience at different frequencies.

And yes, remembering that it is all awareness / chicken soup is yum, yum yum. :)
Fear of death is not knowing life, it is assuming that death means the absence of experience when instead death is just the stripping away of all that's not you.
... muse... there is no thing that is not you - so how can you strip it away?
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen