Music - further

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
visithalifax

Music - further

Post by visithalifax » Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:46 pm

Hello,

I recently put a post up about having music playing in my head whnever I observe my mind. I got a great reply about observing my ego reactions to it.

I am able to let go of any resistance to this. However, I still feel it would be of benefit if I could somehow stop it playing. I'm not quite sure how to do this. Awareness seems to hae no effect, sometimes making it play more loudly. Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks very much.

I know I could have put this in my earlier post, but it would be far less likely to be read.

Thanks again.
Mark

kiki

Post by kiki » Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:16 am

However, I still feel it would be of benefit if I could somehow stop it playing.
Do you know for certain that you would "benefit" if you could stop it? Or this something that ego wants and thinks would be beneficial? It is these subtle wishes/desires that keep things spinning and in place.

However, in my case when the music gets tiresome because it seems to keep going all I have to do is become very present to what is actually here and the music shuts down. There can be a very subtle reason for the music to be there, but when I am very alert to the present moment that reason gets exposed and the music dissolves along with all other thought. Just be very present to what's happening.

Every single moment is an opportunity to become very present; by doing that in every situation you can become adept at short circuiting the music when it makes its appearance. Pay attention to other sounds going on around you, to objects and physical sensations/inner body, to smells and the sense of touch - feel your feet on the ground, your butt on the chair, your fingers on the keyboard. See if you can take it all in at once and just allow it to be there. Feel/sense everythinng at once and relax into what is there before you. This will draw attention away from what's happening in the mind and into what's actually here.

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:57 pm

Every single moment is an opportunity to become very present; by doing that in every situation you can become adept at short circuiting the music when it makes its appearance. Pay attention to other sounds going on around you, to objects and physical sensations/inner body, to smells and the sense of touch - feel your feet on the ground, your butt on the chair, your fingers on the keyboard. See if you can take it all in at once and just allow it to be there. Feel/sense everythinng at once and relax into what is there before you. This will draw attention away from what's happening in the mind and into what's actually here.
Wondeful. Love that, "what's actually here." Truth.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya