nature of an event--any event

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
jesuisravi

nature of an event--any event

Post by jesuisravi » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:47 am

Let's say there has been a fast sprint. There is a throbbing in the chest.A throbbing--not a pounding heart, a throbbing.Heart is a concept.Throbbing is an experience.So, there is this throb.To whom does it happen? To no one. So, how is it experienced if it is experienced by no one? Is it that this throb is its own experiencer? This throbbing, this knowledge we call throbbing, is known by itself? It has no other reference point than itself? It is an absolute.It is God? Does anyone have anything to say to this?Does it make sense?

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:26 am

Whatever "happens" happens to nobody in particular. Things are seen, heard, felt, smelt, and tasted, but no one is the receivers of those things. It is only the mind created identity that assumes that they are happening to her/him. It can seem quite convincing that they happen to "me" but when investigated no "me" will be found. All that's happening is that events unfold and are witnessed within and by consciousness.

Is it God? Who wants or needs to know? And just what is God anyway? Again, who wants or needs to know? Can you see how the mind/ego gets back into it with its relentless need to examine, compare, apply labels to, and judge things? When that is no longer the case everything just unfolds simply, beautifully, and spontaneously.

jesuisravi

Post by jesuisravi » Sun Aug 12, 2007 2:20 pm

Yes, things happen of themselves to no one. But there is a tendency to agree with this and still to feel that the event is being congnized from some point other than the event itself--from outside the event. So the guy says:No, there is no ego. But still he has some image of something like an empty hole that is seeing everything.haha So I am wondering:if there is nobody knowing events and still they are known--it may be that they are composed of knowledge and this is how they are known--they know themselves.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:10 pm

So I am wondering:if there is nobody knowing events and still they are known--it may be that they are composed of knowledge and this is how they are known--they know themselves.
Nothing is separate from awareness - no event, no sensation, no perception. Everything "out there" is a modifcation of the pure underlying consciousness. In other words, everything IS consciousness. Inherent within consciousness is "knowingness" - that's what it does, it "knows". So no matter what the situation, whether there is action within form or the absence of form "knowingness" remains. So you could say, as you have already put it, they know "themselves". This is how consciousness explores itself within the world of form.

jesuisravi

Post by jesuisravi » Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:44 am

Yes, they know themselves--just as we were taught in grammar school about God--He knows Himself.In that sense every color, noise, touch, smell, taste is absolute. OK. Fine. So what is the use of this line of reasoning? Well, it might be just the piece of the puzzle that is needed to allow the puzzler to dimly recognize finally what the puzzle is about.

yougarksooo

Post by yougarksooo » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:46 pm

Is it God? Who wants or needs to know? And just what is God anyway? Again, who wants or needs to know? Can you see how the mind/ego gets back into it with its relentless need to examine, compare, apply labels to, and judge things? When that is no longer the case everything just unfolds simply, beautifully, and spontaneously
Nice Kiki. Yes, who cares? Who is THIS that cares and thinks its all happening to it? Once this is investigated, the "me" is seen through. And then ask, "who is this that investigates?" Only the mind rests on conclusions in an attempt to know, and therefore confirm that its all happening TO it. Awareness does not seem to have the same agenda.
"When people ask me who they are or who God is, I smile inside and whisper to the light: there you go again . . . pretending."

Adya