45 minutes to go...

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
BrahmanEternal

45 minutes to go...

Post by BrahmanEternal » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:48 am

Michael Buffer: Ladies and Gentlemen , in white robes, wearing golden jacket and golden belt, Mr.Eckhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart Tolleeeeeeeeeee!! .....
Free of need to be Free.

kiki

Re: 45 minutes to go...

Post by kiki » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:15 am

Well, it's 8:16 pm and so far I don't see anything but a black screen - no video or audio. My pretest of the player worked fine. I bet a lot of people are having the same problem. Guess I'll have to download it tomorrow.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:20 am

9:19 and it froze i closed teh window to try to reload and now it isnt opening back up anyone else having probs?

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:22 am

I tried reloading but I've got the same problem as before.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:24 am

ya it finally reloaded but stuttering very hard. I guess we should just stay present and accept this moment as it is =). It will be archived so we can watch tommorow. OMG it just came thorugh and I think a gril is asking Eckhart why period cramps are so bad. lol

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:25 am

I think the live feed is interupted and they are using archived shows. Yes now an oprah doc is discussing cramps.

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:35 am

is anyone else experiencing the same thing?

Foxtrot

Post by Foxtrot » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:39 am

$#%^@*!&#$%@. I hate this know moment. @#%$!*&%^#$. :D

I wonder why they can show a clip of an old show, which I can now see but not the interview. Wouldn't they be broadcast over the same servers?

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:37 am

I guess well just have to get the archive tommorow.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:18 am

Poor Oprah. Her model is television. Twenty million people can watch her 50th birthday party on TV. But an interactive webcast with one million viewers...sorry dear, even your big ol' servers are going to have cramps. As of this writing, 8:22 PM on March 3, Pacific time, the internet masters have asked her to shut down her entire website so the rest of the internet can function. Looks like archives will be the only way. Unless she buys the internet. Namaste, Andy.
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:20 am

are you serious they asked her to shut down???? This is awesome for global awakening. Imagine the publicity this will get!

ib42

Post by ib42 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:43 am

Glad to know I wasn;t the only one with problems seeing this program. You would think that someone of Oprah's stature could have foreseen this happening. Yet another lesson in leting go, when I want to scream. AAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGHH!!
(There, I feel a tiny bi :shock: t better.)

beYOND4m

Post by beYOND4m » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:34 am

Seems as if Oprah's collective webinar has gone unconscious. :lol:

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:06 pm

Statement on Behalf of Harpo Productions, Inc., Move Networks, and Limelight Networks

Chicago, IL— Monday night's webcast was one of the largest single online events in the history of the Internet. More than 500,000 people simultaneously logged on to watch Oprah Winfrey and Eckhart Tolle live, resulting in 242 Gbps of information moving through the Internet. Unfortunately, some of our users experienced delays in viewing the webcast. We are working to identify the specific causes for the problems experienced and will work diligently to rectify them.

Harpo Productions, Inc., Move Networks and Limelight Networks recognize that interactive Internet broadcasting to a mass audience is still an emerging medium, and we're proud to have been pioneers in pushing the industry forward. We deeply regret that some of our audience did not have an optimal viewing experience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. The first session of the webinar will be available in its entirety for viewing on Oprah.com or for downloading as a podcast on Oprah.com or iTunes on Tuesday, March 4.
So is there actually anyone out there, who was able to watch the webcast?
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

kiki

Post by kiki » Wed Mar 05, 2008 4:37 am

There were a lot of people who saw about the first 15 - 20 minutes of it, and a whole bunch who couldn't see any of it, like myself. I did read on their board about a few who saw it all, but I'm wondering if they were just listening to it on XM radio, where it was also carried.
---