Unlock Reality

LightLizard

Unlock Reality

Post by LightLizard » Sat Jan 28, 2006 3:47 am

has anyone heard of this one?
kind of an interesting advertising campaign, hoax, or maybe...for real?
http://www.newciv.org/nl/newslog.php/_v ... 000259.htm
:wink:
~May your day flow from the Rainbow
of your soul and bathe your heart in
all the colors of joy!~

*Love*Light*Joy*Trust*Gratitude*Eternally*

~LightLizard~

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:39 am

Gee, I didn't know "reality" had been locked up. That's hilarious! Seriously, can you see how such a book can keep the mind in searching mode? Egos will flock to buy/read it in hopes that the "missing ingredient" will at last be found, and all the while they will miss the reality staring them in the face right this very moment - ironic.

As Papaji would say, "Just be still", and you can only be still right now. My hope would be that if there is such a book, that would be the entire content.

kiki

phil

Post by phil » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:01 am

kiki wrote:As Papaji would say, "Just be still", and you can only be still right now. My hope would be that if there is such a book, that would be the entire content.
Welcome back Kiki, and well said.

Would you like to continue to reflect on the mountain of wordage, teachings, interpretatioins and so on being generated by teachers, students, posters etc?

It seems most of us (even serious authentic teachers who write book after book) enjoy this activity to one degree or another, but the process does seem to collide with the message.

kiki

Post by kiki » Sat Jan 28, 2006 5:27 am

Phil wrote:Would you like to continue to reflect on the mountain of wordage, teachings, and so on being generated by teachers, students, posters etc?
As for "teachers", I think it is largely out of compassion for those who continue to struggle to "see simply" and "simply see." By saying essentially the same thing from many angles the "student" may finally realize the simplicity of it all and just relax and drop into the natural state. Who is to say what "profound" thought/phrase will be the trigger mechanism for a particular person?

That being said, there is a definite enlivening of presence when writing about it. When one is very still and present certain words and phrases seem to "fit" more closely when attempting to describe it, and it becomes "fun"/challenging to give voice to the experience. Hence, more words, more teaching, more pointers.

As for "students"/posters, there is a camaraderie that develops when journeying with those with similar interests. This particular interest, awakening, seems to be particularly inviting because it is so life-affirming, and "life" is what we are! It's like looking into a mirror - most people like to sneak a glance at themselves when passing a mirror. Similarly, consciousness/You likes to "see itself" as it is reflected in apparent "others", and a good way to do that is to post and respond.

kiki

LightLizard

awakening

Post by LightLizard » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:52 pm

yes, great sharing, my friends!
won't we all have a good laugh when we wake up and real-ise we've been awake all along?
:lol:
all the colors of joy!~

~LightLizard~

LightLizard

unlocking?

Post by LightLizard » Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:29 am

if we look at how many of us live our lives, how we are conditioned and accept the parameters of that conditioning for so much of our lives, you could say that for those of us in such a bind; reality IS 'locked up' in a very real sense, for us.
isn't it kind of ironic and endlessly amusing, how we who are at a certain stage of our journey are so aware of the emptiness of words in this quest, but still need to use them to transcend it all?
such a joyous ride!
:D
all the colors of joy!~

~LightLizard~

phil

Post by phil » Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:17 am

It's quite enjoyable to observe how different people, in different media go about trying to express space and silence.

That's my favorite aspect of Tolle, his great articulateness, and ability to connect with a certain audience. He could be talking about auto body repair, and it would still be masterful.

I tried it once. I made a pile of nature videos and put them online. http://nature-for-you.com/video/index.cgi

A lot of the clips focus on some scene, and loop it full screen, over and over. Everybody wants to stare at some puddle for an hour and dive in to the nowness of it, right?

Nope, not right. I took the job too literally, tried to make it too pure, and lost the noise hook needed to engage people.

Then I was amazed, blown away really, to observe somebody doing the same thing with great skill.

We recently saw the movie "March of the Penquins" regarding the life cycle of some penquins in Antartica.

Antartica is a place of incredible space and stillness, really incredible. But the video makers didn't just show endless long clips of snow and ice. They put the penquins in the story, and told a wonderful/horrible tale of the love between penquins.

That incredible (wow!) story was the life line that allowed the viewers busy mind to enter the space of Antartica.

A signpost, wearing a tuxedo. What more can you ask for?? :-)

Egoicmidget

Post by Egoicmidget » Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:15 am

I have marveled as well over the language needed to explain the essence
of stillness, I struggle and realize how funny it must sound to someone who's ego is in total charge.
I can so appreciate imagination and an ability of sorts to relate to abstraction which onesness with all suggests.

I really find great humour in all of us struggling with the words in light of the fact that's me through and through.

I just know I'm elated most of the time and find when I'm not I've slipped into some conditioned mind pattern and failed to notice.
I'm managing to stay in the now quite a bit.

So great to be here and have fun.

John