Sharing Tolle and his Message with Teens

Sharing Tolle and his Message with Teens

Postby karen » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:57 pm

I would love to share Tolle's message and insights with my daughters who are in their late teens early 20's/ They are not big readers and his books are dense and although I have given them to them they have not read them. Any other ideas?
karen

Re: Sharing Tolle and his Message with Teens

Postby Juno » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:13 pm

Maybe Adyashanti would be more their style. He's a little lighter in my opinion. If they are interested in Eckhart or Adya lot's can be downloaded on to an iPod. I Listen while I am doing most anything if I want. If they aren't interested just lead by example. It will come to them when they are ready.
Monica
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po
Juno

Postby Plorel » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:18 pm

I am in my early 20th and for me it was the book ANE that struck me when I read it a few years ago.
I dont think any audio tapes of ET or webcasts or interviews or anything else would have arisen my interest in that stuff because I wouldnt have understood it without all the invalueable explanations in the books.

greetz
stefan
Who am I without my story?
Plorel

Postby Onceler » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:55 pm

Often people have to be hurting for awhile to be open to non-dual teaching. Timing is everything, and a gentle prodding when they are troubled may help. Also, there are many U-tube videos that maybe they they can "discover" for themselves. Good luck.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby Webwanderer » Mon Dec 29, 2008 4:29 am

Karen,

I think you (and they) are better served by sharing with them your understanding of what Tolle points to. And as Onceler says, timing is everything. You teach them best through example of your living the principles you know to be true. If one is actively searching for Truth in life, then sharing a Tolle book may be just the thing that brings them clarity. But if you are attempting to build the fire within someone who is focused on the material world, it is by your example in the challenges of daily living that will attract their interest. As you handle situations difficult a

I, like many others here, have given away several of Tolle's books to those I cared about. I don't think anyone actually read past the first few pages. If I had it to do over again I would have waited for a more opportune time. In most cases I would still be waiting. Genuine interest in the nature of life comes with maturity for most. Look at your daughters maturity first. If you still think they are ready, engage them in a number of conversations first, and gage their interest and readiness.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Sighclone » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:59 am

Teen egos are huge. Eckhart said that there was no way he could have self-realized until he was 29. Unless there is a serious interest, or you know some very introspective teen, I'd say just mention it in passing, or if they start asking spiritual questions. Then ANE is probably the best starter book. And yes, Adya is great also.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Glycine » Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:17 pm

Teens may be interested in meditation techniques as a way to enhance themselves, to get more.
You could start with meditation. Also, when the time is right, you can ask them a simple question: "What are you?"
If they are interested in discussing it, you can introduce them to ET at some point.
Glycine

Return to News and Announcements