Meet GH from Tennessee

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
halepm

Meet GH from Tennessee

Post by halepm » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi everyone. I am a 39 year old man that has gone thru a lot of turmoil in the last year. Last year my wife of 13 years sued for divorce. I can't say I blame her because I was not a very nice person to her. In short, my ego dominated my life. I was so worried about creating the perfect life for me that I forgot how important it was to make those around me happy. I have two kids that are the centerpiece of my life. A friend recently shared A New Earth with me and it is changing my life. I say changing because I haven't finished it yet. However, already recognize the power of the ego and how imporant it is to recognize it for what it really is - just a set of roles it wants me to play. For too long I have believed thinking things thru would provide the answers I need. Instead, all that has done is tie me up in knots. No more - I am now living in the moment with little thought of the past. It's a journey...

kiki

Re: Meet GH from Tennessee

Post by kiki » Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:20 pm

Welcome to the board, GH. Now that you are beginning to see that the ego is only the various roles we identify with you can begin to watch it nonjudgmentally. Watch it arise and see how it taps into memory to sustain itself - it's nothing but a chain of associated memories that is taken to be "me". Without thoughts of the past to dwell in, and without thoughts projected into an imagined future all that's left is the simple reality of now. I am glad you are finding this reality. This is where life actually takes place.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:58 pm

Welcome halepm! I'm sorry there was suffering in your life. Perhaps you will emerge more clear from your "inner hike." Please feel comfortable here. Many have expressed deep personal issues from behind the veil of a screen name. "The Power of Now" is Eckhart's other major work - well worth reading. Many also like "Stillness Speaks", particularly the audio version. And adyashanti.org is a wonderful, even fun resource.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

Larryfroot

Post by Larryfroot » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:33 pm

Welcome to the journey that is both shared amongst us here, and yet is utterly personal to you at the same time. Pleased to share a mile or two with you, friend. Larry with nice ripe welcomefroot
Many a mickle muches a markle.