exhausted from trying to convey "the now"

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
thenow

exhausted from trying to convey "the now"

Post by thenow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:13 pm

Just left another website, after almost a year of trying to convey the meaning of the now, as well as the deep meaning of meditation.

It was just very hard. People on that site totally dismiss the idea that the perception of suffering is in the responsibility of the individuals. They think victims are never responsible. They think meditation surpress the arousal of anger and will surpress the signals of something is wrong in the world. They think we should not meditation so that we can get more reactive to the problems of the world.

They think "right now" is never okay, as the world is full of suffering and pain. True bliss can never be found until a perfect world.

I cited many scientific studies about the adverse effects of anger on our body, and that meditation helps us to come up with a more coordinated and smart of response by activating more parts of brain, than merely the emotional part of our brain, so that a lot better action can be produced, than reactive actions.

They think ego is totally important and there is no soul evolution.

I am exhaused.

I left after sharing all my spiritual experiences and my findings there for almost a year, having been respected by many with many of my spiritual experiences.

I left like a failure though.

I was trying to be in a place where I could bring change. I didn't want to be in a place where everyone agree with what I says.

I need some rest.

DWBH1953

Re: exhausted from trying to convey "the now"

Post by DWBH1953 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:20 pm

thenow wrote:Just left another website, after almost a year of trying to convey the meaning of the now, as well as the deep meaning of meditation.
The website? Just curious to the part of you that feels compelled to convert this group to your way of thinking.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

doug

Post by doug » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:26 pm

what difference does it make what they believe? why are you fighting so hard? :)

thenow

Post by thenow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:29 pm

DWBH1953 wrote:
thenow wrote:Just left another website, after almost a year of trying to convey the meaning of the now, as well as the deep meaning of meditation.
The website? Just curious to the part of you that feels compelled to convert this group to your way of thinking.
Peace
Randji
This is where it gets confusing. What about our outer purpose?

Maybe I will share that website later.

thenow

Post by thenow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:32 pm

doug wrote:what difference does it make what they believe? why are you fighting so hard? :)

In the beginning I didn't, but after about six months, what they talk about there just totally the opposite of what I found in the now.

I know I wasn't supposed to argue with what they say, because arguing itself is the act of ego, the source of suffering.

But how do you deal with people who simply say the opposite of what truth is?

doug

Post by doug » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:40 pm

others will chine in here I suspect...

sometimes I take issue as well but then I know in presence that it doesn't matter... so then I relax in the present and let the thoughts dance around without chasing them down long, winding roads... :D

thenow

Post by thenow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:46 pm

doug wrote:others will chine in here I suspect...

sometimes I take issue as well but then I know in presence that it doesn't matter... so then I relax in the present and let the thoughts dance around without chasing them down long, winding roads... :D
To this relaxing attitude, they would say that this is to turn our eyes away from so many sufferings in the world, that we are indifferent to our surroundings.....

If we don't get into the discussion with them, should we just let them be, and then do nothing?

How to go about fulfilling our outer purpose?

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:52 pm

thenow wrote: But how do you deal with people who simply say the opposite of what truth is?
You do not when it comes to a group. Each person finds there own way to any teachings including non duality but when your talking to a group forget it because your dealing with a collective type consciousness that has already formed what they believe and one person speaking to them for a lifetime will not change anything. Now it may happen that on the side someone will PM you and ask you questions about non duality and then you have a chance of being heard but still you do not convert anyone its up to each person to do that.

The real question for you is to stay a whole year with this group it had to be something there that served you if not you would not be there. So how did it serve you? That is what I would be asking myself.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

Webwanderer

Post by Webwanderer » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:00 pm

That's fine, just don't hang your peace and happiness on results. You have no direct knowledge of what you may have accomplished. You may have planted the seeds of awakening, it may be anothers task to nurish its growth, and still anothers to havest the crop. Either way your one candle is better than cursing the dark.

WW

DWBH1953

Post by DWBH1953 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:07 pm

Webwanderer wrote:
That's fine, just don't hang your peace and happiness on results. You have no direct knowledge of what you may have accomplished. You may have planted the seeds of awakening, it may be anothers task to nurish its growth, and still anothers to havest the crop. Either way your one candle is better than cursing the dark.

WW
I think he was in violation of sect 3 of the non duality law of spiritual interference.
Punishable by having to listen to any number of the born again fundamentalist preachers we have today. Sentence to be carried out by Judge Dr. Do Nothing.
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Sri Ramana

doug

Post by doug » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:09 pm

thenow says: "How to go about fulfilling our outer purpose?"

To this Tolle tells that Inner Purpose will come firs

this does not turn me into a lump of coal without feeling or caring. :) It is a gentle shift from thinking to awareness while dropping resistence to what is.
Last edited by doug on Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thenow

Post by thenow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:18 pm

DWBH1953 wrote:
thenow wrote: But how do you deal with people who simply say the opposite of what truth is?
You do not when it comes to a group. Each person finds there own way to any teachings including non duality but when your talking to a group forget it because your dealing with a collective type consciousness that has already formed what they believe and one person speaking to them for a lifetime will not change anything. Now it may happen that on the side someone will PM you and ask you questions about non duality and then you have a chance of being heard but still you do not convert anyone its up to each person to do that.

The real question for you is to stay a whole year with this group it had to be something there that served you if not you would not be there. So how did it serve you? That is what I would be asking myself.
Peace
Randji
Webwanderer wrote:

WW
Thia is such a good point and it is so true. There were some that respect me and speak out for me and would not let me leave. I think this is why I keep staying there.

I spent some time to keep a low profile in terms of sharing my view and in the mean time, watched and learned what they teach. After a while, I was able to gradually bring my points out.

In the process, some did start to lean toward what I say.

But the main site administrators are those who would stand their ground, no matter how untruely they are speaking.

Ya, inner purpose. But I have been in my inner peace and bliss for too long and too lonely. I need to start doing something about sharing what's true to me.

doug

Post by doug » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:32 pm

thenow wrote: "Ya, inner purpose. But I have been in my inner peace and bliss for too long and too lonely. I need to start doing something about sharing what's true to me."

do as you must...the title of the thread and your original post tells it... :)

randomguy

Post by randomguy » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:44 pm

I need to start doing something about sharing what's true to me.
Have you questioned this need? Don't you share what is true by being who you are?
In the process, some did start to lean toward what I say.
What if your ideas changed 100 minds, what part of you is benefiting?
If we don't get into the discussion with them, should we just let them be, and then do nothing?
I like how Katie puts it. She trusts people to do what they do, and she's never disappointed.
Do the yellow-rose petals
tremble and fall
at the rapid's roar?
- Basho

thenow

Post by thenow » Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:54 pm

randomguy wrote:
Have you questioned this need? Don't you share what is true by being who you are?
After in the bliss for too long, I decided to reach out last year. First I read on websites and see what's out there. On that site, I was intrigued to find so many things that's contrary to what I find it to be during meditation. I really was intrigued and I stay there to wait to speak out.
randomguy wrote:
What if your ideas changed 100 minds, what part of you is benefiting?
I believed that energy needs to be exchanged. By exchanging energy and having influenced 100 minds, that's better than sitting in my space in bliss alone.
randomguy wrote:
I like how Katie puts it. She trusts people to do what they do, and she's never disappointed.
I love this. I used to be like this. But probably have wandered too far away from it.