Gina Lake's "Embracing the Now"

bosbrownie

Gina Lake's "Embracing the Now"

Post by bosbrownie » Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:31 pm

http://www.radicalhappiness.com

Gina Lake is my favorite non-dual author. If you resonate with Eckhart, I think you will find any of her 8 books very rich and heart-opening. I credit a session I had with her to clearing the path my "shift" a few weeks later.

Embracing the Now: Finding Peace and Happiness in What Is. The now—this moment—is the true source of happiness and peace and the key to living a fulfilled and meaningful life. Embracing the Now is a collection of essays whose common thread is the now. Full of clear insight and wisdom, it explains how the mind keeps you from being in the now, how to move into the now and stay there, and what living from there is like. It also explains how to overcome stumbling blocks to being in the now, such as fears, doubts, judgments, misunderstandings, distrust of life, desires, and other conditioned ideas that are behind human suffering. Embracing the Now will show you how to attain the happiness, peace, and fulfillment that come from knowing who you really are and living in alignment with that.

Review
"The latest book from Gina Lake is a collection of 52 essays packed with practical advice about how to find happiness by living in the now....Gina understands the ego's nature very thoroughly and examines it in many different ways in these essays....she leads the reader into analyzing it, exposing its many pretenses, and then shredding it....Gina's purpose in these essays is to help move her readers beyond the pain that is cause by the ego. To do that, she points to another voice, one more subtle and quiet, one that sometimes requires spiritual sensitivity training to hear: the voice of essence. Essence--also known as Awareness, Being, Self, etc.--is who you really are. As Gina says, `You know essence when you experience it, just as you know the ego when you experience it. They feel very different and are very distinct.'....Gina offers guidance on developing sensitivity to it, such as by meditation and by the simple but powerful act of noticing. By various means, its presence gradually becomes obvious, so much so that it can actually be felt, and it becomes an anchor for living in the now. Gina's writings have an especially notable characteristic. When she discusses the nature of essence and how to live from its perspective, her words take on a special life and energy. There is a feel of essence speaking through her. In this set of essays, that voice has come to the fore, speaking ever more strongly and with the authority of understanding. And that may be an understatement." --Dennis Trunk, Editor, Third Millennium Gateway, September 14, 2008

Product Description
The now--this moment--is the true source of happiness and peace and the key to living a fulfilled and meaningful life. Embracing the Now is a collection of essays whose common thread is the now, which can serve as daily reminders of the deepest truths. Full of clear insight and wisdom, it explains how the mind keeps us out of the now, how to move into the now and stay there, and what living from there is like. It also explains how to overcome stumbling blocks to being in the now, such as fears, doubts, judgments, misunderstandings, distrust of life, desires, and other conditioned ideas responsible for human suffering. The following quote captures its intention:

"By becoming aware of what else is showing up in life in this moment besides thoughts, you can begin to really live in this moment and respond to it naturally, uncluttered by your mental commentary. You are in the moment but without the ego's influence on it. Spiritual freedom is when the voice of the ego no longer dominates and colors the landscape of life. Rather, it is one small aspect of it--one other thing that comes and goes in this landscape. This voice becomes impersonal--something in the landscape that has no more personal relevance than the bird's song or the temperature of the room. It's experienced, but not experienced as `you.' Then it's possible to experience the Experiencer--the true Self that is behind all life and behind your life. This Experiencer is in love with life, and when you let it live you, you are in love with life, and your actions and words express that. Freedom from the ego brings a relaxation into the true Self and the possibility of being that in the world instead of the ego."

Gina Lake "author of Radical Happiness and Embracing the Now, http://www.radicalhapppiness.com" sent the following post to customers who purchased Embracing the Now: Finding Peace and Happiness in What Is

* Gina Lake "author of Radical Happiness and Embracing the Now, http://www.radicalhapppiness.com"'s Blog
* Go to Amazon Daily
(What's This?)
* Add this blog to your Amazon Daily Add this blog to your Amazon Daily

About Gina Lake, Her Website, and Her Blog
6:03 PM PDT, October 8, 2008, updated at 9:44 AM PST, January 16, 2009
Please visit my website (http://www.radicalhappiness.com) for more to read. My website offers books about spiritual awakening and living in the now and free book excerpts and chapters, e-books, a newsletter, videos, and online talks as well as information about astrological and channeled counseling services to support awakening and finding your life's purpose.

About me: After having a spiritual awakening in 1999, I have been dedicated to helping people discover their true nature and uncover and heal whatever interferes with that through a counseling practice, through intensives, and through my books. I have a Masters degree in Counseling Psychology and am also an astrologer and a channel, with a focus on helping people find and fulfill their life purpose. My books, which are available on Amazon, include:

Radical Happiness: A Guide to Awakening

Embracing the Now: How to Find Peace and Happiness in What Is

Anatomy of Desire: How to Be Happy Even When You Don't Get What You Want

Return to Essence: How to Be in the Flow and Fulfill Your Life's Purpose

Choosing Love: How to Find True Love and Keep It Alive

Getting Free: How to Move Beyond Conditioning and Be Happy

Living Your Destiny: How to Live the Life that Is Meant for You

Living in the Now: Reflections from Another Dimension About Being Happy in this One

I live in Sedona, Arizona with my wonderful husband, Nirmala, who is also a spiritual teacher, writer, and counselor. His books, which are also available on Amazon, are:

Nothing Personal: Seeing Beyond the Illusion of a Separate Self

Living from the Heart

Gifts with No Giver

Read more
Show less
Comment

6 of 6 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding New Book By Gina Lake!, September 3, 2008
By Laura J. Katleman-prue - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
If you like Byron Katie or Eckhart Tolle, don't miss this extraordinary book by Gina Lake. It really tells you how to lead an awakened life continuing where those wonderful authors leave off. It gives the hopeful message that we can stop suffering once and for all and tells us that not only is it possible but that's what we're all here to do.

I am blown away by "Embracing the Now." After reading all of her books and doing many private sessions with Gina, I thought smugly, "What more can she say on the subject that I haven't already heard?" The answer is: a tremendous amount. This book is filled with innumerable insightful gems that are so easy to apply to ever day life - on trusting life, coping with feelings, loving your work, and finding work you love. The new short essay format made the book very easy to digest because it distilled each topic into bite sized pieces. This book was so incredible that I'm about to reread it to make sure that I haven't missed anything!
Comment Comment | Permalink | Was this review helpful to you? YesNo (Report this)

5 of 5 people found the following review helpful:
5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Show How Living in the NOW Is Possible!, September 21, 2008
By Kathy Dannel Vitcak "YourSoulCoach.com" (Far northern MN United States) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
If there were a way I could just click and put this book in your cart and have it fast on its way to each of you reading this review...I would! It is that important. As many of us, I have devoured Eckhart Tolle's work and was intrigued and dazzled by its brilliance...but maybe a little intimidated. This book helps us understand Be-ing in the NOW and making it work! I have read it twice in one weekend and am ready to call Gina for a private reading, as this work is just that amazing.

She digs right to the core of the EGO and helps us understand how it works (and doesn't work) and how to tame the Ego! I actually gasped at some passages as it was so clear now. It was one huge AHA moment after another as I turned each page.

Not only does Gina give us the workings of the ego, she also helps us learn how to tame it and lead a life...yes IN THE MOMENT!

All weekend I have had a big grin on my face and my heart feels ready to burst with contentment at finding this book.

Please, click and get it...your life will be enriched...mine certainly ahs been. I thank you, Gina.
Last edited by bosbrownie on Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

DWBH1953

Re: Gina Lake's "Embracing the Now"

Post by DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:11 pm

Thank you. With all this Now stuff going on I am waiting for a book maybe we can call it
After the Now What?
Peace
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sat Feb 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Welcome to the board, bosbrownie. Thank you for the lead to Gina Lake. I've ordered her book.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

bosbrownie

Post by bosbrownie » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:15 am

Hi Andy,

I'd like to contact Gina about you and the site. I'm sure that she would be happy to send you her other books.

Is that okay?

Laura

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Mon Feb 16, 2009 5:30 am

Laura -

This is a discussion community. We do allow a single reference to another website. Your lengthy testimonial has achieved that in this thread. A continuous reference may appear in your signature. But it is not an advertising space or a promotion center. Ms. Lake's work may be excellent and worthy of continued comment like Adya's or Ramana's or Osho or Nisargadatta. But they do not rely on internet fora for dissemination. Please tell her she is welcome to join under any screen-name. But I will purchase her books on my own. Other moderators may respond differently regarding the offer of books.

Namaste, Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce

bosbrownie

Post by bosbrownie » Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:17 am

Dear Andy,

I apologize if I overstepped. I'm just an enthusiastic client, nothing more. I will make no further posts as I don't want to do anything out of line.

Thanks for putting together such a great site.

Laura

Elise

Post by Elise » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:44 pm

Hey Laura, I am a big fan of Gina as well & this book is really good. I've started a thread for her blog posts here: http://eckhart-tolle-forum.inner-growth ... =28&t=6189

:D

I'm saving up to do a session with her as well