Surrender and Loved one's addictions.

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
Juno

Surrender and Loved one's addictions.

Post by Juno » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:55 pm

This morning relief in the form of surrender surfaced when it comes to my mom and sister's addictions. Yesterday appeared to not be such a good day because I expressed my feelings once again and it came out with less anger than it use to but anger and frustration was in it never the less. I felt I hurt my mom and really did no good for her or me. But in the end maybe it did. My fear which comes out in anger is losing my mom. I realized this was part of the trap, my fear. I have that fear along with others regarding my sister. But since this surrender came into focus this morning the fear has lessened if not in this moment feels non existent. My spirits lifted immediately when this dawned. I sat down and meditated and could feel the release of energy regarding this issue. Years of it. Once again I see pain points our focus back to what we are the now/presence/surrender. Lesson searingly learned. Of course it's possible that I could go unconscious again regarding this subject but I feel surrender to what is and to the now is going to make a great impact. I think about this issue daily and I feel with catching my thoughts daily and surrendering to what is will help me be in surrender to the now when I'm actually interacting with my sister and mom. I have learned only recently how deeply deeply these thoughts that cause such turmoil are here to point us back to what What we are.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

Juno

Re: Surrender and Loved one's addictions.

Post by Juno » Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:38 pm

Regarding the post above. I forgot to write about the icing on the cake. Later this morning after this surrendering I recieved an email from my sister. I had written just a small upbeat email telling her I really miss her a few days ago. So this morning I recieved a reply and I heard the sister that love through it. She just called me also telling me to check my email because she sent pictures. Some included me with my nieces. I just said Wow to myself. Amazing what surrender turns loose in the flow. I'm going to keep surrendering to this moment and this moment and this.
by thinking of something you create an entity and by thinking of nothing you create another. Let such erroneous thinking perish utterly, and then nothing will remain for you to go seeking!
Huang Po

E1lycat

Post by E1lycat » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:25 am

:D
I am in need of nothing but the truth

-ACIM-

summer

Post by summer » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:17 am

Bless you, Juno,

Our families have such deep roots in our conditioning, that they are often our biggest challenge in letting go of attachments. It sounds like you are doing great :)

I think that one of the rules in all 12-step programs is really, really good. Only a recovered alcoholic, or a recovered food abuser, etc. is really equipped to help someone who is suffering with these addictions. Anyone else, no matter how loving their intentions may feel, usually comes across as being judgemental in some way. Not because they don't care. More because they haven't really walked in the other persons shoes. And don't know first hand, how hard it is for the one who is suffering.

Reminding them often, of how much you love them is always a beautiful gift. Often this is enough :)

Juno

Post by Juno » Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:00 am

Thanks for the smile E1lycat :)

Summer,
Thank you too :) This has been the biggest challenge. I'll be interested in how things are going a month from now just to see. I'll be Staying focused for a trigger thought to pop in, to surrender to the moment and not let the story take the lead.
That's an interesting point about the 12 step to point out. I don't know the suffering that goes with this and the last thing I want to do is increase the burden for them. I'm really grateful for your encouragment of telling them how much I love them and that often that is enough. That's easy. It's what I already do :)
Huang Po

heidi

Post by heidi » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:02 pm

A little love goes a long way in these dealings. :)
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:56 am

Thanks Heidi :)
Huang Po

summer

Post by summer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:55 am

I'll be Staying focused for a trigger thought to pop in, to surrender to the moment and not let the story take the lead.
Always a wise plan for all of us, Juno :)

I call them sticky thoughts, you call them trigger thoughts, and Adyashanti calls them velcroz thoughts. The ones that have a way of weaving our story back into view, and blinding us so easily. Unless we are here noticing them, before their habitual momentum kicks in.

Maybe we should start a 12-step program for Thought Addicts :lol:

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:56 am

Maybe we should start a 12-step program for Thought Addicts

I think I could help out with the 12-step thought addict program. I am a recovering addict for life :) Can't get through this human life without some form of addiction. I will say that the thoughts aren't as loud as they use to be when I'm on auto pilot. It's more of a hum than a roar most of the time. The hum is much easier to live with. :D
before their habitual momentum kicks in
This has been key. This falling away of the me is not only liberating it's just plain old interesting. I continue to be blown away at the transforming power awakening has. I felt from the moment of the first shift and continue to deeply feel what the perspective of oneness and beyond does and I think it is completly exciting that it is never ending. I get that we no longer feel seperate and that creates deep relaxation, the peacefulness, but I think it's so interesting how ultimately we can't understand it. It's such a felt thing, there are no words and we can't think it. We have to feel and rest as what we are, live as human, and that's all we get and it's only now. How weird! :lol:
Huang Po

kiki

Post by kiki » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:18 pm

This falling away of the me is not only liberating it's just plain old interesting. I continue to be blown away at the transforming power awakening has. I felt from the moment of the first shift and continue to deeply feel what the perspective of oneness and beyond does and I think it is completly exciting that it is never ending. I get that we no longer feel seperate and that creates deep relaxation, the peacefulness, but I think it's so interesting how ultimately we can't understand it. It's such a felt thing, there are no words and we can't think it. We have to feel and rest as what we are, live as human, and that's all we get and it's only now. How weird! :lol:
What a wonderful paragraph! Thanks for posting it.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Juno

Post by Juno » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:02 pm

Thanks Kiki :)
Huang Po