Is Eckhart FULLY realized?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Re: Is Eckhart FULLY realized?

Postby RCharles » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:53 pm

There may be a danger of getting into guru wars with this topic, which is likely just another egoic mind game. The teacher, any teacher, and his state of mind do not matter. The teacher simply points to the eternal, and if we are ready to receive what that teacher offers, we grow. When that teacher no longer speaks to us, we find another teacher, or we no longer need teachers, or maybe we become a teacher ourselves.

Whether Eckhart has reached some particular state of consciousness does not matter. What matters is whether we can learn from him. If we can, his teachings will resonate with us. If we can no longer learn from him and we are still seeking, we will find another teacher.

Something I particularly appreciate about Eckhart is that he does not express any desire to be anyone's guru. He simply shares what he knows, and we are free to learn from him or not. There is no commitment to him required or suggested. This seems like a very high level of consciousness in which there is no attachment, just a desire to share consciousness for the good of all who can receive it.

Charles
"They are all...perfect..." --Ken Watanabe, dying scene in the movie The Last Samurai
RCharles

Postby lucy » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:03 am

Sevenworlds,

There is an interview with UG Krishnamurti by Ian MCKay on Conscious TV. He defintitely points to Awareness in a very non compromising manner, and this can sometimes be misintrepreted as rudeness. One thing I particularly resonated with was when he said to the interviewer "I am only an instrument that you are playing, any misnotes that you hear are the ones that you created". So is Eckhart or any other master fully realized--only if you are. Thank you for bringing him up on this forum, two years ago, I would not have been able to get past his rudeness (my misinterpretation) to see that he was "functioning naturally".

Randji
"What are you afraid of Lucy?"
Lucy is afraid of may things, primarily that she's not real, but the I AM that I Am that you are is not afraid of anything.
lucy

Postby DWBH1953 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:09 am

lucy wrote:Randji
"What are you afraid of Lucy?"
Lucy is afraid of may things, primarily that she's not real, but the I AM that I Am that you are is not afraid of anything.

LOL Well I like the not real Lucy, being not real offers you many advantages.
You can do anything you want but never have to pay the piper
Being real has been oversold if you ask me.
Peace and high5 for the not real!
Randji
Do not meditate-be!
Do not think that you are-be!
Do not think about being-you are!
Sri Ramana
DWBH1953

Postby Juniper22 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:13 pm

sulunz wrote:My one question is why did 'he' need to change his name? Surely this is an ego action.

From what I understand he may have been guided to change his name.

Under the chaldean kabala,

- Tolle (4+7+3+3+5) = 22/4

- Eckhart (5+3+2+5+1+2+4) = 22/4

- Two very intense names numerologically - 22/4 + 22/4 = 44/8.

In secondary school I sat beside a chap with the same numeric frequency in both names. Academically this pupil was one of the most intelligent to go through the school in about 25 years.
"Don`t think of goodness; don`t think of evil; at this instant, what is your original face?" Hui Neng
Juniper22

Postby Glycine » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:23 pm

Juniper22 wrote:Two very intense names numerologically: 22/4 + 22/4 = 44/8.

If 22/4 is meant to be a fraction, the above sum is incorrect.
However, I don't have a clue about Kabala.
Glycine

Postby Juniper22 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:32 pm

Glycine wrote: If 22/4 is meant to be a fraction, the above sum is incorrect.

Hi Glycine, no it`s not a fraction - the last number is the sum of the two preceeding (2+2=4 - 22/4)
"Don`t think of goodness; don`t think of evil; at this instant, what is your original face?" Hui Neng
Juniper22

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:44 pm

The way I see it, there is no way of changing the vibrations of the name that we ourselves once chose before we entered into our present lifetime. Changing our names later in life – for whatever reasons – does not change the predestined pathway through life which we – together with the wise ones in charge of us – once chose.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe
aquarius123esoteric

Postby HermitLoon » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:41 am

Peace
HermitLoon

Postby Juniper22 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:09 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:Changing our names later in life – for whatever reasons – does not change the predestined pathway through life which we – together with the wise ones in charge of us – once chose.

You believe life is predestined?
Juniper22

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Dear Juniper - I most certainly do! Don't you?

I do not believe that anything that ever has happened on this planet did so by accident or coincidence. I most certainly do not share the view that we – the human race – are some kind of a Cosmic joke or accident.

With love - Aquarius

Goethe
aquarius123esoteric

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:22 pm

If Eckhart’s real name is the one given in Wikipedia, the numerology I practise gives the following result:

The top line are the vowels and the soul vibration of the name;
The bottom line are the consonants and represent the earthly personality;
Both together are the sum total of this combination.

3 + 9 = 12/3
Ulrich
3+ 9+ 3+ 8 = 23/5
Total 35/8

5+ 6+ 1 = 12/3
Leonard
3 + 5 + 9+ 4 = 21/3
Total 33/6

2 + 3+ 3 = 8
Tolle
2 + 3 +3 = 8
Total 16/7

All three names together: total 84 = 8+4 = 12 = 1+2 = 3

Not surprisingly, in these names there is a strong presence of the number 3 Jupiter, the ruler of Sagittarius, and of the 8 – Saturn, the teacher.

If Ulrich Leonard at some stage in his life decided he wanted to walk in the footsteps and emulate the Master Eckhart in some way, what’s the harm in that? Meister Eckhart (in English, Master Eckhart; born Johannes Eckhart; also called Eckhart von Hocheim; also spelled Eckehart) was a theologian, a writer, and the greatest German mystic of the Middle Ages, whose writings focused on the relationship of the individual soul to God.

Being a mystic and finding a new relationship of the individual soul does not yet seem to have appealed to the one who now uses the name Eckhart. Who knows, maybe he will do so one of these days!

With love and light,
Aquarius

Goethe
aquarius123esoteric

Postby Juniper22 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:32 am

aquarius123esoteric wrote:Dear Juniper - I most certainly do! Don't you?

No, I don`t.

I do not believe that anything that ever has happened on this planet did so by accident or coincidence. I most certainly do not share the view that we – the human race – are some kind of a Cosmic joke or accident.

I agree.
Juniper22

Postby Juniper22 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:45 am

aquarius123esoteric wrote:If Eckhart’s real name is the one given in Wikipedia, the numerology I practise gives the following result:

The numerology you use is "Pythagorean" - I wouldn`t advise it. Chaldean is not as commonly used but more accurate in my experience.

If Ulrich Leonard at some stage in his life decided he wanted to walk in the footsteps and emulate the Master Eckhart in some way, what’s the harm in that?

I see no harm in it.

Meister Eckhart (in English, Master Eckhart; born Johannes Eckhart; also called Eckhart von Hocheim; also spelled Eckehart) was a theologian, a writer, and the greatest German mystic of the Middle Ages, whose writings focused on the relationship of the individual soul to God.

So I`ve heard.

Being a mystic and finding a new relationship of the individual soul does not yet seem to have appealed to the one who now uses the name Eckhart. Who knows, maybe he will do so one of these days!

I have no idea what you`re saying here.
Last edited by Juniper22 on Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Juniper22

Postby Juniper22 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:46 am

delete
Juniper22

Postby JKS » Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:50 am

yes, i think he is.
JKS

PreviousNext

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion