Is Eckhart FULLY realized?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.

Re: Is Eckhart FULLY realized?

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:12 pm

'Being a mystic and finding a new relationship of the individual soul does not yet seem to have appealed to the one who now uses the name Eckhart. Who knows, maybe he will do so one of these days!'

What I meant to say was that Eckhart's writings do not strike me as being of a mystic nature and helping individual souls to find a new relationship with God does not appear to come into the equation, as far as I can tell. Because he is ‘only’ 61 at present, this development may follow in the fullness of time.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe
aquarius123esoteric

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:16 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:What I meant to say was that Eckhart's writings do not strike me as being of a mystic nature and helping individual souls to find a new relationship with God does not appear to come into the equation, as far as I can tell. Because he is ‘only’ 61 at present, this development may follow in the fullness of time.

With love and light,
Aquarius

ET may indeed develop a more mystical nature, or that quality may already be present and he chooses not to express it. Mysticism can be just another ego trip for one not yet awakened. That's just how so many can spend decades in the "search" for enlightenment and never really see what's right in front of them. Or it may be so radically different from one's current mindset as to be rejected out of hand, thereby throwing the baby (awakening) out with the bathwater (conceptual mysticism). Without a clear sense of being, free of concepts of the human "me" identity, mysticism falls short of its value.

I see ET as focusing on the primary purpose of awakening and clear being. No where does he say that that is all there is to life. Once one sees clearly that concepts of identity do not truely represent being, a greater perspective is possible. Curiosity will lead one to truth if honestly followed. But without living from a sense of clear presence a different type imagined self is likely to result.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby HermitLoon » Sat Mar 07, 2009 4:21 pm

:D
Peace
HermitLoon

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:37 pm

'ET may indeed develop a more mystical nature, or that quality may already be present and he chooses not to express it.'

I share that view, dear WW; if the date of birth given at Wikipedia is correct - I am well aware that just about anything can be posted there - then this may well develop in him as time goes by - not as an exercise of his ego but finding an expression in his writings as a natural expression of his true and higher self.

With love - Aquarius

Goethe
aquarius123esoteric

Postby James » Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:41 pm

Aquarius wrote:
If Eckhart’s real name is the one given in Wikipedia, the numerology I practise gives the following result:

The top line are the vowels and the soul vibration of the name;
The bottom line are the consonants and represent the earthly personality;
Both together are the sum total of this combination...

Numerology would be a good one to inquire into.
Asking:
"Is it true or is it a belief?"
"Do I absolutely know for sure that it is true?"
"Would I bet my life on it?"

Of course there is nothing wrong with having beliefs, but beliefs don't necessarily equate with reality.

james
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."
James

Postby aquarius123esoteric » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:36 pm

"Is it true or is it a belief?"

Dear James - the way both astrology and numerology have been working for me for a great many years, for my understanding, they are an integral part of God's Divine truth and not merely beliefs. Naturally, I would not dream of prescribing for anyone else, but that is how I perceive them.

With love - Aquarius

Goethe
aquarius123esoteric

Postby OnlyNow » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:45 am

sevenworlds wrote:........................... Thanks for all your replies. I'll be off now.

Ok, goodbye.

sevenworlds wrote: Ok, maybe I should explain a few things before I go..................

Aww, go on then.

sevenworlds wrote:...........Anyway, yet again, I wish you all well and this time I really will leave you to it..........

you don't really mean that.

sevenworlds wrote:I shouldn't keep saying this is my last post......................

what did I say?.

sevenworlds wrote:.........If I was on here trying to maintain a point of view I would be careful not to contradict myself like that..

Heaven forbid

sevenworlds wrote:.....I do not know anything for certain other than this........

don't tell me, this is your last post?

sevenworlds wrote:...........I honestly do not know why I am here anymore.............

you and me both buddy!

sevenworlds wrote:...Ok, well, it's been good discussing with you all and this exchange probably has helped me in ways I didn't expect.

deleted.

sevenworlds wrote:..............Ok, I'll get off the podium..

and my uncle is Barack obama.

sevenworlds wrote:....I have had moments where I've been close to madness ....

I know that feeling.

sevenworlds wrote:....As soon as I say ANYTHING it is dead to me and no longer valid....

ain't that the truth

sevenworlds wrote:...I meant it when I said I didn't know why I was here posting .

sheesh, neither do the rest of us since you said goodbye 6 pages ago!

sevenworlds wrote:.........Ok, I think I've said more than enough yet again.....

I'm losing the will to quote

sevenworlds wrote:.......I don't know why I had to share all of that, my story is of no interest to you, but then again, maybe someone reading this will make something of it......

maybe :wink:

edit: sevenworlds, just kidding ;)
When the Pupil is ready the Master appears
OnlyNow

Postby sevenworlds » Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:21 am

I'm flattered you went to the trouble of stringing my past and future together like that OnlyNow :wink:
sevenworlds

Postby OnlyNow » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:23 pm

sevenworlds wrote:I'm flattered you went to the trouble of stringing my past and future together like that OnlyNow :wink:

t'was a work of love :wink:
When the Pupil is ready the Master appears
OnlyNow

Postby soren008 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:09 pm

Last edited by soren008 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soren008

Postby Onceler » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:14 am

Good points, soren088, but please don't resurrect this....it's threadbare by now.
Be present, be pleasant.
Onceler

Postby starlight32 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:27 pm

I found this thread in a Google search and liked reading what sevenworlds had to say. Does anyone know what happened to him? Looks like he stopped posting a few months after these posts. It seemed like he was very close to knowing the truth...wonder where he is now after 7 years..
starlight32

Postby Sighclone » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:00 pm

Welcome starlight! This forum is 12 years old...many have arrived and departed. The "personalities" of "people" don't really change very much before, during and after awakening. For some, perhaps they are less assertive and confrontational, but UG Krishnamurti was always a kind of rebel (he was a teacher preferred by sevenworlds.)

And consistency of personality is a not a measure of Self-realization, either, in my opinion. Measuring the level of "enlightenment" of another person, particularly by those who are still "on the path" is very tricky, and misses the point. What is important is that an individual find a teacher who resonates for them. And, ultimately, the best gurus offer pointers which ultimately point at you, yourself...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Previous

Return to General Eckhart Tolle Discussion