Michael Jackson

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Wings

Michael Jackson

Post by Wings » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:27 am

Personally, I’m saddened and feel a deep sense of remorse for this icon of talent who not only seemingly fell from grace but also into the arms of those who also made him rich and famous. He died young, younger than most expected and the pressures, which seemingly befell him, lead too much speculation of how and why he left us so young and especially like this.

Michael was very much guided by image. So much so, that he altered and carved his features like nobody I know. Why? He sang, danced and wrote the songs like very few and yet, through all of this, his image was flawed through the eyes of those who made him an icon. I hear his songs, his music, the human tragedy and I choke.

The ego’s image can be so harsh, if it was only possible for more to see outside ones self, could this hold a better outcome. In Michael's case, we’ll never know. You will always be a favorite and yes, very much remembered…..

James

Re: Michael Jackson

Post by James » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:47 am

All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players:
They have their exits and their entrances;
And one man in his time plays many parts...

~William Shakespeare - from As You Like It

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:20 am

Feel whatever is there, there can be great beauty and freedom in grieving.

A few more quotes:

"There's nothing either good nor bad, but thinking makes it so."
~Shakespeare, Hamlet,.

"Therefore good and ill are one."
~Heraclitus, Fragment 57

"So nothing is miserable except when you think it so, and vice versa, all luck is good luck to the man who bears it with equanimity."
~Boethius, 6th Century AD

"Let it judge that nothing is either bad or good which can happen equally to the bad man and the good. For that which happens equally to him who lives contrary to nature and to him who lives according to nature, is neither according to nature nor contrary to nature."
~Marcus Aurelius, Meditations 167 AD

Hand

Post by Hand » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 am

Thanks Wings

I too, have been very saddened by Michael Jackson's death. He was and will always be a legend. God bless his children and family.

James - I think the quotes you posted are out of place on this thread.
Life is. Accept Life. Peace reigns.

erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Post by erict » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:35 am

Hand wrote:James - I think the quotes you posted are out of place on this thread.

How are they out of place?
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."

Hand

Post by Hand » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:49 am

Erict

I thought the quotes were inappropriate.
Life is. Accept Life. Peace reigns.

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:51 pm

Although Jacko is dead,
he is out of our lives,
he is kept alive in this thread.
Although I m still in this place,
I feel a little out of phase,
is it my ego that drives ?
---ooOoo---

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:21 pm

Honor your feelings, honor the man's existence, appreciate what he expressed.
But challenge what you believe to be true about the appearance. Question what you take to be reality.
The dream of separation is made possible by a core illusion, accepting opposing forces, powers, or realities of good and bad. But only thinking and believing makes it so.

james
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:02 pm

eputkonen's comments in two other threads, sum this up nicely. He wrote:
The ego is an illusion.

The ego is like an inch, an hour, or a line of longitude. It is for purposes of discussion and convenience that the word exists...but you don't see inches or hours lying around. They don't really exist...likewise with the ego. (paraphrasing Alan Watts)

It is just the mind and assumptions. There isn't an "other" here to create a relationship.
The ego is a mirage. People don't have relationships with mirages.
and:
There is no difficultly in detachment and caring at the same time. However, I think this is not a problem for me because I realize I can't hold on to anything...I see through the illusion and fallacy of attachment to anything or anyone. Furthermore, the world illusion and play no longer fools me and causes suffering...so I am also not fooled by other's stories in the world play and illusion. I can care without being sucked in by their story or being attached.
Thanks EricP, also your reply in the topic "How to Prevent Mind Wander" was excellent, it really brings one back to the razor's edge of Now, which is all there IS.

james
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."

Wings

Post by Wings » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:26 pm

Being touched and sentimentalizing on one you’ve watched grow from a child to his end through the media’s eyes brings together human feelings that are what they are and as we know and feel them. ET’s given sense of awareness in many ways can deepen personal human conscious levels a shade differently from one person to another. Is it important now, not really. To me what is important and carries more meaning is the human condition and circumstances this young man (Michael) endured, enjoyed and dealt with in ways only I can speculate how I would have handled it.

Whatever it is or may be he lived his life through the ego intense image, which externally made him appear as the media served him to us. We are the recipients of the story, the fantasy, the drum roles and the glitz and sizzle we’ve grown to know so well. Monday night quarterbacking somehow always seems to fall in place, being well aware, tells us this but it also says, it has always been our way of dealing with life, “as we see it.”

Opinions (of which this is) can always be different and varying in ways, which are scintillating, sage, or filled with profound quotes but yes, they are yet just another opinion. This kid, (Michael) this man, was amongst us as we knew him, and given the white-hot lights, which captured him dancing for us on the stage of life since he was practically a babe, you go Michael, there has always been a place in the universe for you… Thank you..

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:23 pm

Wings
I can relate to your experience, although I never followed Michael Jackson's career, I agree he certainly was a gifted entertainer. I remember years ago when I heard about Robert Palmer's death, and also Joe Strummer of the Clash, I felt a little sadness because I connected with their music. A few months ago when Paul Newman died, I felt a little sad, but that time it was in a bitter sweet kind of way, it was more of an appreciation of him and not a feeling sorry.

Last week, I was watching a program on the history channel, that showed footage of the Nazi concentration or death camp, Buchenwald. These images were graphic, and although I have seen these things numerous times before, I unexpectedly became choked up for several minutes. I was thinking how could this happen? How could anyone do that? But I did feel a release through the tears, and then a peace and clarity.

So it seems this all part of the human experience, the drama, the emotions, the appearance of good and bad, the hypnotic quality of human thinking. Although I have found that by knowing my true nature, I am no longer frightened or disturbed by world events, and that's a great relief. And I don't feel that there is anyone to blame for what happens, it is all an impersonal misunderstanding. There is a detachment and compassion at the same time.

james

Marcel Franke

Post by Marcel Franke » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:26 pm

mj.jpg
---ooOoo---

Mesquared

Post by Mesquared » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:53 pm

James wrote: But I did feel a release through the tears, and then a peace and clarity.

So it seems this all part of the human experience, the drama, the emotions, the appearance of good and bad, the hypnotic quality of human thinking. Although I have found that by knowing my true nature, I am no longer frightened or disturbed by world events, and that's a great relief. And I don't feel that there is anyone to blame for what happens, it is all an impersonal misunderstanding. There is a detachment and compassion at the same time.

james
Aw, James, I bolded my favorite parts. Is it just me or does some nondualism material lack an expression (silently understood, maybe, but an expression, I'm not sure) of compassion?

I read A New Earth and followed it with a suggestion I found on the Oprah boards by someone I really respected: The Heart of Christianity by Marcus Borg.

Those two books combined helped me realize how I wanted to live life....or....let life live through me.

Also, maybe if we let out those tears when they surface (like Eckhart talks about the ducks flapping their wings), we'll be even more surrendered. Letting go more easily.

Great Michael Jackson quotation to leave you with: If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change! Kind of like: The world can only change from within. ET

Peace! :)
Mesquared

James

Post by James » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:43 pm

Mesquared wrote:
Is it just me or does some nondualism material lack an expression (silently understood, maybe, but an expression, I'm not sure) of compassion?
Yes, I would say some non-dual teachings are more dry or unfeeling than others. In other cases it is the student that misunderstands or conceptualizes the teaching, and comes away believing that they should not have emotions or feelings; thinking that they should always be in a state of bliss.
Also, maybe if we let out those tears when they surface (like Eckhart talks about the ducks flapping their wings), we'll be even more surrendered. Letting go more easily.
Yes, I think so. Tolle mentions somewhere that he occasionally cries a tear, not for himself, but for the world. The Indian guru Papaji (a descendent of Ramana), made similar comments about world sadness. He says in a satsang, paraphrasing: After one has healed their own grief, there is nothing left to do but become like a magnet for the worlds grief to come and be healed. Here's a short video of Papaji 1:25 minutes, in which he begins to cry at the end. He is speaking about how people in the world are unhappy. Meaning people that do not know their True Nature. This video was near the end of his life, and he had suffered a head injury in a car crash prior to this satsang and his speech is a little hard to hear, so turn up the volume.

Papaji-The most important question
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJyX9vFT7aw
Great Michael Jackson quotation to leave you with: If you want to make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and make that change! Kind of like: The world can only change from within. ET
Yes, good quotes, also Ghandi: Be the change you want to see in the world.

Enjoy the holiday weekend, everyone, I'm away for a few days.

james

kiki

Michael Jackson - Dancing the Dream

Post by kiki » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:00 pm

I just came across this quote from Michael Jackson:

Consciousness expresses itself through creation.
This world we live in is the dance of the creator.
Dancers come and go in the twinkling of an eye but the dance lives on.
On many an occasion when I'm dancing, I've felt touched by something sacred.
In those moments, I've felt my spirit soar and become one with everything that exists. I become the stars and the moon. I become the lover and the beloved.
I become the victor and the vanquished. I become the master and the slave.
I become the singer and the song. I become the knower and the known.
I keep on dancing and then, it is the eternal dance of creation.
The creator and creation merge into one wholeness of joy.

I keep on dancing and dancing.......and dancing, until there is only......the dance.......

Wow -
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---