Fire Fox Problem

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.

Fire Fox Problem

Postby Plorel » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:07 pm

Hi

since recently, I cannot log on properly with my firefox browser to this forum anymore. After I get logged on, I get logged off immediately. I guess this happened after the last firefox update. Any ideas how I can fix that?
Who am I without my story?
Plorel

Re: Fire Fox Problem

Postby James » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:16 pm

I'm no expert, but I had some issues a while back with Firefox browser. I heard rave reviews about Firefox so I started using it. First it worked good then I did an upgrade and it was quirky and unstable, quitting unexpectedly, and generally slowing down my computer whenever the application was left open. I'm mainly a Mac user, so I switched back to Apple's Safari browser, which does not give me any problems, and actually is faster than Firefox on my computer. I tend to be suspicious of add on software, that does not come with the PC or Mac operating system. I also have an HP PC and just use the Explorer browser that came with it.

Apple has an official forum for technical questions of all kinds, there are a lot of experienced users that share info for free, its great. I resolved a number of issues that way. I imagine there is something like that out there for Microsoft PC's too. Or you could go to the Firefox site and see if they have support or known issues.

If you have a particular reason for wanting to keep using Firefox, you may need to reinstall it, I'm just guessing, maybe something failed to install in the last upgrade, but I would get more info before taking action.

Erict the webmaster here, is the tech Guru. Perhaps he knows something specific about your issue.

james
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."
James

Postby kiki » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:27 pm

I use Firefox on a Mac as well, and regularly update it. I haven't had any problems with it (knock on wood).
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby HermitLoon » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:44 pm

Fire the fox :wink:
Peace
HermitLoon

Postby karmarider » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:01 pm

Don't worry, it's just an illusion.
karmarider

Postby James » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:40 pm

I use Firefox on a Mac as well, and regularly update it. I haven't had any problems with it (knock on wood).

The people that have problems with Firefox, such as myself, are probably a small minority of the total users. Most of what I have heard on the tech forums is positive about Mozilla's browser. The age or model of the computer one is using, probably is a significant factor. A Google search would probably turn up some other users that had the same issue.

I like karmarider's answer, yes it's still only a figment. :lol:

james
"Awareness is already present, already here, already now; before you try to be more.... In that recognition there's no effort, there's just acknowledgment"..."Awareness is not something you can understand, it's something you are."
James

Postby karmarider » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:45 pm

Firefox, nevertheless is a fine browser, at least compared to IE. The plugins make it powerful. If you're having trouble with it, look into memory usage. It chews up a lot of memory and you can google to find out what to do about that.
karmarider

Postby erict » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:36 pm

I've been using Chrome for the last couple of months and have had no such issues with it. I can't really help you with this particular issue, other than suggest you use a different browser when visiting the forum. Chrome is very fast and clean. I like it a lot.

http://www.google.com/chrome
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:50 am

Where does Chrome come from? i use Mozilla and find it works well...well mostly.

WW

Edit: Never mind, I see it's from Google.
Webwanderer

Postby Plorel » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:48 am

You were right. I only needed to update my Firefox in order to realize that :wink:
Who am I without my story?
Plorel

Return to Support and Technical Questions