AFFIRMATIONS AND GOALS: Danger or benefit?

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: AFFIRMATIONS AND GOALS: Danger or benefit?

Postby Sighclone » Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:14 am

It's just my intuitive take. Yup, people have "let go and let God" and gotten creamed. It's impossible to prove that there is synchronicity at work, but it is kind of consistent with the assertion of some big-time nondualists like Ramana that "Everything is predetermined." Maybe getting some misery becomes a portal. It did for Eckhart. The creeping depression of his life led to his shift. What does seem more evident is the opposite. Striving and opposing and fighting and grinding obsessively adds to suffering. Hard work with no joy just can't be the only solution...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Cosmic Ordering

Postby Nutkins2 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:20 am

hi there innerpeace2u,

I have looked at the phenomenon of LOA or Cosmic Ordering. If it's so true how come the millions of people who want to win the lottery don't?!!! I personally don't agree with it. To me it is treating God as a vending machine.

I don't know if you have heard of Noel Edmonds and the quiz show he hosts 'Deal or no deal'? He is an advocate for Cosmic Ordering and said that he got this job through it and also a beautiful wife!! Like my husband said, the fact that he has worked on television for the past 20 or so years helped him to get the job and the fact that he is a pleasant looking man and has lots of money also helped to get his beautiful wife!!!!!!!!! So was it cosmic ordering or circumstances?!!! I think the latter one.

Godbless
Nutkins2
Nutkins2

Postby ZenCowgirl » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:47 pm

LOL nutkins2! :) God IS a vending machine - but one must know what God is dispensing and have the tokens that fit the machine!

God is a vending machine for God - and the tokens are God, too!
ZenCowgirl

Postby karmarider » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:25 pm

The appeal of these belief systems is based on desire and fear. It's interesting to see the progression of rationalization. The LOA people say the universe will give you what you want, and the God people say God will give you what you want. When it doesn't work the God people say you didn't believe, and the LOA people will say you didn't visualize it right, or you're putting bad stuff out to the universe.

Are the theories about Oneness and Bliss and Consciousness any different?

There's no way to see this rationally, because there will be an counter-argument for any point. It's even more ensnaring when faith and "knowingness" comes into the picture. But in the end it's simple. To test out the LOA, or to test God-theories, or even Oneness, doesn't it make sense to test them out from a clear mind? A mind which is free of stuck patterns and conditioning? Otherwise, all the vending machines will keep giving out mud.
karmarider

Previous

Return to Law of Attraction