How did you find the forum?

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

Where did you come to the forum from?

Google
72%
Eckhart Tolle Fan Site
9%
DMOZ
No votes
Yahoo
3%
Other search engine
4%
Recommendation of friend/acquaintance
6%
Some blog
0%
Another forum
6%

Total votes : 240

Re: How did you find the forum?

Postby mus3cho » Sun Mar 28, 2010 5:10 pm

I didn't find the forum, it found me. (I say that because even though I actually Googled something, I can't recall what I was thinking when I did it). I posted how I came to find Eckharts' teachings in a different spot. and I'll restate it here because this seems like a more appropriate place for that.
I was at a bookstore. I picked up The Power of Now in search of one more book to fulfill the "buy 2 get one free" offer. I have experience in 12-step programs and was aware of the idea that the present is all we really have. Bought the book. It collected dust by my bedside for months. One evening, in desperation because I had to read something, anything, because I had finished my other books, I began reading Eckhart's book. I read the first few paragraphs and put it down in disgust. I thought oh god, another redeemed-from-the-brink-of-suicide-bore who is now going to tell me how to live my life. I didn't pick the book up again for weeks. The next time I picked up the I read from the next chapter because I didn't want to read the drama. Now, four months later, I have read both of his books, more than once and every time I read them I see the concepts in a whole new light. I believe all of it. I am grateful to have been given the opportunity to experience that the things I have intuited are not just my own "fairytale". There are others out there who have discovered the truth. It's a humbling experience. I have been a silent observer of this forum and decided to begin participating in an effort to connect on a deeper level with this movement. It's very exciting to attempt to communicate with others who have glimpsed the power of the present.

Anywho, I am sleepily (because I am trying to reduce my caffeine consumption) careening through the various topics this morning. I would like to read and comment on all the posts, 'cuz I'm on the "newcomer's pink cloud" but I don't want to wear out my welcome. I have a tendecy to be wordy. My husband can attest to that. After awhile he just blocks me out. Which is too bad for him because I have some really good things to convey. :lol: Is that my ego talking or what?

mus3cho
mus3cho

Postby Theresa » Fri May 28, 2010 11:11 am

Feeling very low i went to local book shop looking for a self help book. I picked up the book A New Earth not knowing why and i have never heard of Eckhart Tolle, i bought it. That was last week and i`ve not stopped reading..
Theresa

Postby Sighclone » Sat May 29, 2010 1:36 am

Welcome Theresa! We hope you enjoy your stay here...

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Theresa » Sat May 29, 2010 7:23 pm

Thankyou Andy.
Theresa

Postby Judi » Sun May 30, 2010 2:32 am

I've been an active member of another site, but I'm really interested in connecting with others who have been changed by the ET information. I did a search and found the fan site which led to this discussion community. I look forward to reading and possibly posting.
Judi

Postby kiki » Sun May 30, 2010 3:21 am

Welcome to the board, Judi. I look forward to your participation.

kiki
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Sighclone » Mon May 31, 2010 9:09 am

Welcome judi! We hope you enjoy your stay. This is a place full of words. Hopefully some truth leaks through between them. :)

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Jake Green » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:20 pm

Sighclone wrote: This is a place full of words.

Andy

Words are a pet peeve of mine. How accurate are they? When they fail, who is at fault, the reader or the writer?

... and don't let me get started on translations :D
You seem to want instant insight, forgetting that the instant is always preceded by a
long preparation. The fruit falls suddenly, but the ripening takes time.

~~ I Am That
Jake Green

Postby juliet4554 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:05 am

I was looking up a site for frequency holders and found this forum :D
juliet4554

Postby iamabouttobegin » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:25 am

I have been exploring Eckhart Tolle's books, and decided to try comparing my experiences. I found this site from google search
iamabouttobegin

Postby Louker » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:57 pm

I typed in Eckhart Tolle :)
Louker

Postby Grasshopper » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:30 pm

Hi! The key master who does NOT play kiddie games sent me! :D
Grasshopper

Postby Sighclone » Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:01 pm

Welcome Grasshopper! Jason plays big league games...not too badly either...of course the Real Big-League game is life in form!

Andy
Sighclone

Postby kiki » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:08 pm

"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby mo1989 » Sat Jul 23, 2011 4:44 pm

I found your book which came as a gift in folder lock software. After that i imagined that there will be an online site for you & then i found it with google.
mo1989

PreviousNext

Return to Introductions