Velcro thoughts

I just love Adya and I think he deserves his own forum.

Velcro thoughts

Postby monmonn » Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:21 am

I just started reading Adyas books and i gotta say his methods are pretty different to eckharts. He takes about how the key to awakening it to stop controling everything and just let everything be as it is, in other words dont use any effort at all, and i gotta say it works. :)
One other thing he talks about is velcro thoughts which are thoughts that arise spontaneously because it is habitual to ur 'self' in that moment. Eg. One i have is that when i meet someone new i always judge whether their nice company or annoying.
Since i went through a self improvement phase i have alot of thoughts built up for certain situations and its pretty much gonna be a big step for me to become awakened. Adya talks about how he use to go into the coffee shop and write down in a notepad the velcro thoughts he has/having and go deep into it without resisting or controling it and just seeing it as an illusion.
I decided to do this but does anyone else have an input with how to deal with velcro thought ?

:) thanks
monmonn

Re: Velcro thoughts

Postby Sighclone » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:46 am

Peter Fenner has a fine, if academic book out called "Radiant Mind." He refers to these kind of thoughts as "fixations."
The bill comes and it is 23.56 Euro. You pay it and count your change. Then you drive hove and read the newspaper. One hour passes. Were there any thoughts? Sure. Were any of them "velcro." Probably not, certainly not all of them.

The thought arises: "They screwed me at work -- I keep failing after two years at every job." That thought has some velcro. It hangs around and you "feed" on it.

I would say used Byron Katie's thework on it/them.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Return to Adyashanti