Law of attraction and OCD

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: Law of attraction and OCD

Postby Natalie » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:47 pm

But when I went into a pub tonight and sat down, hanging above me were a dozen masks, and sticking out of each mask were six or more long, dark blue feathers. Now I don't know about anybody else, but it's not everyday I see a blue feather, let alone dozens of them at one time.

Had you not been expecting to find these feathers, you probably would have missed them.

I bought a minivan recently. One that I had never seen or heard of before. The day I drove it off the dealership I saw three on my way home, and have seen hundreds of them everywhere in the few months I’ve had it.
Natalie

Postby karmarider » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:10 am

I just looked out the window and the damn Ferrari still hasn't materialized. Goddammned LOA is sure taking its time, as if the universe has better things to do...
karmarider

Postby runstrails » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:15 am

Kr, maybe the universe is telling you that you need a minivan instead. Just ask Natalie :wink:
runstrails

Postby Ananda » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:18 am

:lol:
Ananda

Postby karmarider » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:24 am

runstrails wrote:Kr, maybe the universe is telling you that you need a minivan instead. Just ask Natalie :wink:

Yeah ok, I can probably hammer it down to look like a Ferrari.
karmarider

Postby Natalie » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:26 am

Haha………. I think you guys think I used the law of attraction to get me a van, if not, the joke is lost on me :D (happens often :D )

I know almost nothing about the law of attraction. What I meant to say is that when you look for something at the exclusion of all other things, you increase your chances of finding it. My husband (and the salesman) could not believe I was so clueless about cars, and predicted I would see a few on our way home. He was right, only because I knew then what to look for. I am not sure I make any sense here.
Natalie

Postby Sighclone » Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:05 pm

I am not sure I make any sense here.

And is that all bad?? It is pretty easy to read the Heart Sutra and not make any sense of it either... :D

What are desires? (And I don't mean feeling thirsty.) I mean Ferrari's. Not minivans. (Both natalie and kr are wise veteran members here, and recognize that I'm not singling them out, I'm sure...) Ferarri's do more than help us to go to the store. They make a statement. I know about that statement. I have bought and sold several Jaguars, in years past. Lovely, elegant, expensive, "statement-making" Jaguars. The statement is "Please identify me with the accepted prestige of the car." And that is the exclusive domain of the ego. Desires of the ego.

Apparently, after awakening, the only real desire is to manifest unconditional love. That is what brought Ramana out of the cave, what led Buddha to teach, and (by his clear admission) why Adya continues to hold satsangs and write.

The heart is the only reality. The mind is only a transient phase. To remain as one's Self is to enter the Heart.
-- Ramana Maharshi

Compassion is but another word for the refusal to suffer for imaginary reasons.
-- Nisargadatta Maharaj

If the LOA creates an obsessive mindset which feeds desires (and may deliver), how does that encourage awakening?

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby gen6 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:10 pm

Sighclone wrote:
I know about that statement. I have bought and sold several Jaguars, in years past. Lovely, elegant, expensive, "statement-making" Jaguars. The statement is "Please identify me with the accepted prestige of the car." And that is the exclusive domain of the ego. Desires of the ego.

Apparently, after awakening, the only real desire is to manifest unconditional love.

Oh Jolly!!! Andy, now you can donate me a Jaguar or whatever other luxury object you have, please do, I need it :D
Don't tickle,tempt your Ego with it, better give it to someone who needs it :) Do you need it?
Live as if nothing and everything matters at the same time.
gen6

Postby Sighclone » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:29 pm

For better or worse, gen6, all the Jaguars have gone to other owners. All of whom decided they badly needed them, I'm sure.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby gen6 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:35 pm

Sighclone wrote:For better or worse, gen6, all the Jaguars have gone to other owners. All of whom decided they badly needed them, I'm sure.

Andy

:( :( Something else left in the store? Something above 5k USD? I take anything !!! You don't need it, right? :D I mean considering that the only real desire is to manifest unconditional love, I presume you don't need it, or am I wrong :(
gen6

Postby Sighclone » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:46 pm

But how do I know that simply sending you 60 $100 bills actually manifests unconditional love?

Andy
Sighclone

Postby gen6 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:54 pm

Sighclone wrote:But how do I know that simply sending you 60 $100 bills actually manifests unconditional love?

Andy

Well I guess it doesn't manifest unconditional love as you already said. You equaled the Jaguar desire as an Ego Desire, Ego Desire cannot be connected anyhow with manifestation of unconditional love. The Jaguar and the money is the same thing. Such objects only provoke desires, ego desires (according to you). So, as your only real desire and need is to manifest unconditional love, you don't need the 60 $100 bills , so I would gladly accept it :D Right?
gen6

Postby Sighclone » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:16 pm

So the sending of the money is simply a casual act. Like breathing. Why not send $ which is not needed today to someone...anyone. Not that it would manifest any unconditional love, but just for the heck of it. Or just because they asked for it. Even if they might be a drug addict. No other information should be needed, right?...just because they state that they need it.

Or, let us say that the individual presents his or her case in documented detail -- living in an unheated basement, unemployed, alientated from family because they are evil, not healthy, not drug-addicted, but hungry....etc.

Now I'm stuck. Here are two people, one with no details, and one with many details of suffering. But I'm stuck not because of these two, but because of Darfur and other areas which also have people who suffer. If I research the agencies, at least I can be reasonably certain my $6,000 would actually feed someone, or buy clothing. Moreover, my $6,000 could be sent from "Anonymous." And sent from an attorney's office so I could actually remain anonymous.

That would be my choice.

Andy
Sighclone

Postby gen6 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

My point was not that I deserve the money more than someone in Africa... anyway, cheers :D
Don't forget to send the money :D To whom you think most needs it :)
gen6

Postby heidi » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:03 pm

People's negative thinking and resistance can cause all sorts of physical manifestation such as heavy heart, cancer and disease. In that case, the clinging to emotional baggage or worry, hatred, etc. can indeed change a person on a cellular level. "Molecules Of Emotion" by Candace Pert might be an interesting read on where LOA meets science.

And as I've always said, that ALLOWING is where the LOA really comes into play. All of the emotions of resistance to what is seem to have the power to harm, BUT in the act of simply allowing things to be as they are, we are way open to attracting those things that give us joy, since our joy is already a done deal. :wink:
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

PreviousNext

Return to Law of Attraction