Conscious living

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.

Conscious living

Postby runstrails » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:20 pm

Please see my post below on making this thread an exploration about how life is lived consciously after awakening.

I appreciate that every awakening will be unique and different. However, perhaps we can all learn from each other in some way. So here is my recent experience. For me, initially after the shift in perspective there were great synchronicities that the universe sent my way. There was a lot of bliss too. And so, complacency set in. Life was so easy suddenly, there was no ‘me’, so I just got out of the way and let it all happen. Well, I was clearly doing some spiritual bypassing :(

So the universe sent me a not so gentle reminder in the form of a samsaric stressful episode which rocked the boat of complacency. It was something that happened at work. Not something that I had done, but as supervisor I was ultimately responsible for what happened. So I had all the (potentially career ruining) stress associated with it. Now, you have to realize that my egoic identity is mostly associated with my career.

Realizing there is no ‘me’ when life is easy is one thing, but when life get stressful and emotional, that ‘me’ just wants to form and stay formed. It wants to take over. It wants to be in charge and run things. For the first time in my entire life, I had to face my fears squarely. Posts on this forum helped me so much. Karmarider’s constant and relentless reminder that ‘there is no you’—allowed acceptance, Keymaster’s elegant and eloquent posts on fear of emotional pain were so spot on that there was nowhere to hide, enigma’s wisdom about ‘duality clipping’ allowed clarity. Thanks for all the pm’s of support and encouragement.

Alex had asked in another post, whether I had doubts about the whole process. Actually, there were never doubts about non-duality, it was the only thing that made any sense, but there were clear doubts about whether my mind would (re) identify completely. Before awakening, this much stress would have been bad enough, but after the awakening process has started such (re)lapses of egoic identity are more hurtful, because you know better!

But through it all (and there was highly intense self created suffering), I remained at least somewhat conscious. For example, I fully experienced the waves of anxiety and remained cognizant that it was just an experience happening in awareness. As awareness, the experience of debilitating anxiety was rather interesting and not negative, as ‘me’ it was unbelievably stressful and horrible. But there was at least some glimpse of clarity which persisted through it all.

The episode at work is mostly resolved but things remain to be done. But it's is clear to me that I can never become complacent again. So, it’s back to resting as/in awareness as often as possible, actively allowing, facing and releasing emotions, getting and staying comfortable with uncertainty and in general trying to live as consciously as I am able.

Anyway, I just want my experience to be a reminder to newbies not to get complacent and allow mind to co-opt the awakening. It's one thing to understand non-duality, its another to really live it. That takes consciousness (no pun intended :wink: ).

Thanks for reading this long post. I’m sure there will be many more episodes in this cool journey that I’ll post about. Love and peace, rt
Last edited by runstrails on Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Upgrade Status
runstrails

Re: Life after awakening--episode 1

Postby the key master » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:58 am

Thanks for sharing rt :D

This board is lucky to have you...
the key master

Re: Life after awakening--episode 1

Postby Natalie » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:16 am

Oh what a treat this thread will be!!!!!! Thanks for starting it runstrails.

I went through a similar experience at work this last summer, only that I was the only responsible party and was certain I would be asked to resign. While this was going on, I had to travel to a wedding in Colorado and while absent from work something magical happened to me. I developed what at the time I called a “pain- proof shield” in my chest and every time the thought of losing my job appeared, I felt its accompanying emotion bounce off this shield without causing an iota of pain or anxiety. By the end of my trip I was excited about the new challenges being unemployed would create in my life. I made plans to go back to school. I have never experienced that kind of unconditional acceptance before or since.

The universe had other plans for me. I did not lose my job or go back to school.

The pain-proof shield remains, to a large extent, intact . When I hear bad news, especially news about my older daughter, my greatest spiritual teacher, I still feel the emotion bounce off my chest. I don’t know if this is common or lasting. I sometimes fear this ‘mechanism’ will one day end and I will be left powerless over pain and grief again. I am not talking about average emotional pain, but gut-wrenching grief. Then I realize that’s my ego trying to keep me enslaved, then there is no fear or worry.

I am pretty sure that my newfound ability to stop obsessing over my older daughter has allow her to blossom in a lot of areas since I was able to ' let her go'. I no longer fear for her safety or future and am more cognizant of her abilities than her inabilities. She has way more abilities than inabilities but I had this picture all wrong. She lives in another state and we speak often. She will be celebrating her first wedding anniversary this week. Her husband is deploying to Afghanistan in February. I hear he will be clearing roadside bombs. I should be worried to death but I am not.

I am grateful. I feel I’ve been given a second chance at life, to live it abundantly and full of amazement like we are meant to. I appreciate this forum, its moderators and all who post here. I consider this forum my church, and the moderators my spiritual guides.

Looking forward to more cool episodes runstrails. Thanks again.
Natalie

Conscious living

Postby runstrails » Sun Dec 26, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi Folks,

As Quinn so elegantly put it in another thread this forum can essentially be divided into “How do I get there?” and “What happens after?”.

I’d like to explore the “What happens after?” part here. I’m interested in exploring the topic of how everyday life is lived consciously.

For example,
-How has the shift in perception stabilized in your case (or has it?).
-Have there been dramatic samsaric episodes that helped strip your egoic identity? (Natalie and I have described ours above).
-Or is the magical extraordinariness of ordinary life more dominant now?
-How do you maintain (your ‘practice’ of) awareness? Looking, noticing, or more formal meditations etc..
-Once a certain level of clarity is achieved, how has your perception of everyday life changed? Has the way you maintain your career, raise children, make decisions changed? -Are you in a conscious relationship with your partner?
-Is there more purpose in your life now, a call to teaching or service, or do you find that life has little meaning and that frees you from taking any of it personally.
-Are you more fully engaged with life or more drawn to seeking solitude?

In form, we are brought to awakening in different ways (suffering, seeking etc..). Similarly after a shift in perception, our lives no doubt unfold in different ways.

I’d love to hear your insights, experiences and even questions about living consciously. I find that the issue of conscious living is underrepresented in teachings and books and perhaps with good reason :wink: That is, maybe there is a good reason for not indulging in these kinds of discussions. If so, I'd love to hear why. Many thanks, rt

p.s. this is not about who is enlightened or awakened to what degree. It’s simply about how everyday life is lived more consciously.
runstrails

Re: Conscious living

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:06 am

I've just re-read Jonathon Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach, and realised how very differently I interpret much of it now to the last time I read it. Funny old thing living life grows moment by moment and not a moment too soon.

RT, hope you don’t mind if I share answers to all of your questions at once, I've just come out of a period of reflection, so the questions are all kind of fresh anyway : )

Sorry for the long post everyone.

I’m an older, wiser person now, but recognise we are all works in progress. I used to rail against ‘what is’ based on notions of unfairness etc etc
Eventually you realise you’re just wasting time and energy choosing that. When I was younger I used to have glimpses of it, but didn’t realise it was truly a moment by moment thing or that life would up the ante once you thought you’d mastered one thing.

Have there been dramatic samsaric episodes that helped strip your egoic identity? (Natalie and I have described ours above). -Or is the magical extraordinariness of ordinary life more dominant now?

- ; ) yep… a lifetime full of them. ‘Noticing’ them as such is the key. I like the use of ‘the magical extraordinariness of ordinary life’ – yum food!!!

-How do you maintain (your ‘practice’ of) awareness? Looking, noticing, or more formal meditations etc..
By being conscious of breathing. On a grief site I once coined a phrase that has resonated with many – ‘sometimes it is enough to put one foot in front of the other and remember to breathe, but that’s okay too.’ Those in deep shock or pain can actually forget to breathe out, and in order to breathe back in, you do have to breathe out.

Breathing is the key with more formal meditating too, but noticing your breathing is a big key as to the state you are in. It’s one of the key things medicos take note of to assess well-being, or not. If you can be conscious of your breathing and any changes in that and how it is manifesting from the inside out, you can catch yourself and become aware in the moment. So for me it’s noticing my breathing in reaction to things, thoughts, feelings, situations. Kind of funny that what seems most natural and unconscious to do (breathe) and that we do it so often, can often be overlooked as important.

-Once a certain level of clarity is achieved, how has your perception of everyday life changed?
For me, there’s a sense that everything matters, and at the same time nothing matters, so balancing these two things creates a consciousness within everything in the moment without prejudice.

Has the way you maintain your career, raise children, make decisions changed?
Thank goodness yes!!
Maybe a great shift for me has been to recognise that I can only be responsible for my choices, I can’t ‘make things right’ especially in partnership with others who are unwilling to take responsibility for their choices.

In practice I’ve actually slowed my responses, leaving room for things. For instance a major angst used to be that my boss would give me a great deal of responsibility but take away any final authority, pulling the rug out from under me based on his values and judgements, putting me at odds with my own. The situations were not strangers to me, had happened in the past in other situations. In angst or through choosing fear I would ‘react’ – with all the best intentions, but at times not with the best of outcomes. These days I sit back, check my breathing and often will leave things for 24 hours before even discussing them.

There’s no hurry, if a thing needs addressing it will still be there after a good night’s sleep. Which is interesting because I was raised with the notion of ‘not letting the sun go down on a disagreement’. I’ve learned that given space and time most things will look differently in the morning and certainly after you’ve returned to normal breathing.

These days I don't even acknowledge that it is a dis-agreement - it's still to be determined.

-Are you in a conscious relationship with your partner?

I am conscious of my consciousness in relationship with my partner.

I am also conscious of unconsciousness in myself and others in previous relationships.

Once again, I have learned I am not responsible for the choices of others, nor do I have any right to judge their choices based on their journey. I can only choose love – for myself and for my partner. I think Conversations with God on love taught me soooooo much in this area, in conjunction with the realities of a previous relationship.

In recovery from that, ET taught me about pain bodies and egos in action in relationship and I’m aware of them within myself, and to the degree that my partner has shared his knowledge of his own, and mine in relationship with me, I am aware of some of his triggers. As with all things, there are degrees, and we don't know what we don't know ; )

-Is there more purpose in your life now, a call to teaching or service, or do you find that life has little meaning and that frees you from taking any of it personally.

Surely that depends on the moment? If opportunities to serve appear, being aware of having conscious choices creates its own purpose. I guess I’m more conscious that every moment there are opportunities – to be all that we really are.

Within ‘taking it personally’ there are parameters, natural boundaries, sometimes we test those boundaries. For myself and for others I try to maintain a consciousness of what really helps, and what hurts more and do more of the former and less of the latter.

Often this comes through experience, accepting that we are all works in progress.

Are you more fully engaged with life or more drawn to seeking solitude?
Balance is the key. For me solitude allows me to absorb the learning of the interactive experiences from being ‘engaged’.

But we can be as ‘engaged’ with a flower that was once a far flung seed, struggling to be all it can be and yet blooming without fear, or the ocean tide that eternally carves out the land and the seas, as much as with another human in tears, or laughing with glee, or struggling with their choices or their abdication of them, or working within a society that feeds fear when love is the only answer.

There is only so much you can choose or choose not to experience.

Having said that, yes I volunteer and work in areas that I hope spreads hope and understanding. The interesting thing for me is life and our interactions and choices are rarely ‘really’ about what we think they are. Once a pebble is dropped in a pond it’s wise to sit back and look at the whole lake and the impact the pebble had, not just at where the pebble was dropped. Any unforeseen outcomes can then be taken into account before dropping the next pebble. That takes a little solitude and reflection and time to evolve into the sort of hindsight that can make us wiser.

One of my daughter’s favourite sayings was ‘Happiness is knowing a flower will grow where you have planted a seed.’ I would likely add… ‘flower’ and ‘grow’ are a judgement ; ) and ‘knowing’ might need a lot of faith.

I tend to pare it down now -
Happiness is…
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Natalie » Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:02 am

Are you in a conscious relationship with your partner?

Oh dear. My husband and I are polar opposites. He is a Baptist. This belief system still works well for him. He’s been in the military for 31 years, 12 active duty, and the rest in the reserves. He is very conservative politically and socially. Today he overheard Jeff Foster on my laptop calling Advaita the religion of nothing, rolled his eyes and asked what on earth am I getting into. :lol: The other day he didn’t have anything nice to say about Mooji :( . However; he seldom suffers from stress, loves to help others and is as optimistic as one could possibly be. I try to stay aware around him as often as I remember and this makes a huge difference in the way I react to him.
Natalie

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:46 pm

I sense that love and compassion is far more important in life than philosophies. Give me a relationship with one who is kind and caring over one who pounds the truth of their beliefs.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby hanss » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Natalie wrote:
Are you in a conscious relationship with your partner?
He is very conservative politically and socially. Today he overheard Jeff Foster on my laptop calling Advaita the religion of nothing, rolled his eyes and asked what on earth am I getting into. :lol: The other day he didn’t have anything nice to say about Mooji :( .

Be sure to keep him away from Barry Long, or you will get in real trouble 8)
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)
hanss

Postby Sighclone » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:55 am

Natalie -

I spent 15 years as a very active fundamentalist Christian. Of course, that doesn't work for me any more, but I took a risk of giving the book "Present Perfect" by Gregory Boyd to a Christian friend. Pastor Boyd talks about being present with God, every minute of every day. He also has an Appendix which attacks Eckhart Tolle! BUT...his discussions of presence are pretty solid, if you use a broad definition of God. Pure Presence is the portal to Source, regardless of any dogma. So, my recommendation (and I honor that it is a bit extreme) is that you get a copy of the book, read it and maybe give it to your husband, even though it has the anti-ET comments at the end.

Nonduality is experience-based. Religion is orthodoxy-based...belief systems, etc. Experience trumps that every time. He might, however, grab onto the anti-ET stuff...Boyd is a good writer. BUT the orthodox Christian's honest answer to the question what is the big difference between Eckhart's Presence and Boyd's has got to be..."apparently not much."

my two cents,
Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby runstrails » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:16 pm

Thanks everyone!
Jen, your post is a wonderful reflection on a conscious life. I agree with so much that you write. For one, I find that the practical benefits of trying to live consciously are so many. For example, one naturally tries to slow down a bit, I also don't 'react' as quickly as before and this delay is often for the best in helping resolve a complex situation at work or at home. Other practical benefits include not taking things so personally since like you I am simultaneously cognizant of the importance of every little thing and the unimportance to it too!

For me its constant reminders to look, notice and be present. However, I find sometimes all this introspection can make one self centered. So I've adopted a new informal 'practice' which is to notice or meditate on other forms, especially other human forms. Notice the manifestations of oneness that they are. Since I have a very competitive personality, the practical benefit of meditating on competitors as oneness has been really beneficial. Now I root for them to succeed :D

Spending more time in nature is also something I totally relate with. Actually, really looking at a tree or a flower can make one present immediately. So keep a potted plant in your office! When I was in Japan, I noticed that in the tiniest of spaces (tiny ledges, patio's) there would be a lovely little garden, I think just for the purpose of bringing the benefits of nature into crowded areas. I believe the Buddha said (and I paraphrase): "If you could really look at a flower, you would change the way you live your life".
runstrails

Postby runstrails » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:29 pm

Natalie--My husband sounds a lot like yours! He is very rational and has tremendous clarity. Does not live in the past or future at all (this makes for an incredibly poor memory, I've noticed :wink: ). And of course, with clarity and lack of judgment comes tremendous compassion. So a conscious approach to life has really helped my relationship with him too. He does not have any religious beliefs and routinely makes fun of ET and gang--and I actually appreciate that very much! Laughing at oneself is so essential.

ww wrote:
I sense that love and compassion is far more important in life than philosophies. Give me a relationship with one who is kind and caring over one who pounds the truth of their beliefs.

I totally and wholeheartedly agree. Actually it's a relief that some people are just that.....people :D
runstrails

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:35 am

WW, I love this! Cuts to the heart of it doesn't it?

At the moment I am totally captivated by a song called Fearless Love by Melissa Etheridge -speaks to the heart of 'being' fearless love, for me.
But I am what I am
And I am what I am afraid of
Oh what am I afraid of?

There is no thing important except love and compassion, the rest is all just opportunities to be it.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Sighclone » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:40 am

I hate to say it, but I find myself using the passive voice more and more when addressing this stuff. So I’m starting to sound like a number of other writers who say things like “[such and such] arose for me.” “Little me” can still “get mad” over things. But that very much just “happens out there.” Does that mean I am somehow “separate from myself?” Not really, but there is a powerful, gentle “witnessing” of the egoic autopilot. I guess it’s sort of like Time Freke’s “lucid living.” For sure, the “drama” of maya/samsara is far less impactful. Can’t say it’s gone, but I know, understand and experience the “slings and arrows of outrageous fortune” as just more appearances in consciousness. But John Welwood’s admonition about spiritual bypassing is well founded. But if everyone had the same respect for Stillness and solitude as seems contributory to a deep spiritual life, bailing out to the Zen chamber would be less frowned upon.
But we are householders and job holders. Chop wood, carry water...mountains are mountains. We live and operate in an egoic society...people have their hang-ups and power trips. Echart’s encouragement to “remain present” is valid and powerful – runstrails mentions this, too...and it works in most social situations. But the personal drama and melodrama and hoping and wishing and regretting and fearing...pretty much gone. If they start to arise...and when they get all the way to wanting to have a say in attention and behaviour...then their only strength is to possibly manifest as a nudge from life – an intuition, never a compulsion.

-Have there been dramatic samsaric episodes that helped strip your egoic identity? (Natalie and I have described ours above).

Not really.

Absolutely, in so many ways “everyday sacred.” If I am perfectly still with virtually anything, it begins to vibrate with spiritual energy.

I do spend a fair amount of time (at least ½ hour per day) in intentional Stillness. Boy is that wonderful! But if I find myself dwelling on a particular thought or sensation, which is to say I become aware of my immediate focus (rather than simply doing the task of the moment), I can just “drop into presence.” It is a releasing function...an “allowing.”

Once a certain level of clarity is achieved, how has your perception of everyday life changed?

Everyday life is unchanged, except that it is now seen as “everyday life.” Before it was just “all of life” and full of self-imposed egoic scripts and seeking. Now it just marches along, every day after every day. I don’t add script lines.
Has the way you maintain your career, raise children, make decisions changed? -Are you in a conscious relationship with your partner?

Career, children, decisions and relationships – they all have their own unique energy...I guess I feel I intrude upon their flow much less. My wife is understanding of the changes in me, but she is not really pursuing spiritual growth -- she's pretty aware of unconscious stuff in herself and when it arises in me which it still does.

I volunteer in a primary school – very rewarding. (“Feelings of gratitude arise” is the nonduality-speak.) There is much less “purpose” in my life and more responding to the energies of the moment. I’m semi-retired so that kind of a life is easier.

Both. I spn more time n stllness, and tme aaivity with others is more direct and clear.
Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Sighclone » Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:41 am

I hate to say it, but I find myself using the passive voice more and more when addressing this stuff. So I’m starting to sound like a number of other writers who say things like “[such and such] arose for me.” “Little me” can still “get mad” over things. But that very much just “happens out there.” Does that mean I am somehow “separate from myself?” Not really, but there is a powerful, gentle “witnessing” of the egoic autopilot. I guess it’s sort of like Time Freke’s “lucid living.” For sure, the “drama” of maya/samsara is far less impactful. Can’t say it’s gone, but I know, understand and experience the “slings and arrows of outrageous fortune” as just more appearances in consciousness. Although John Welwood’s admonition about spiritual bypassing is well founded, if everyone had the same respect for Stillness and solitude as seems contributory to a deep spiritual life, bailing out to the Zen chamber would be less frowned upon.

But we are householders and job holders. Chop wood, carry water...mountains are mountains. We live and operate in an egoic society...people have their hang-ups and power trips. Eckart’s encouragement to “remain present” is valid and powerful – runstrails mentions this, too...and it works in most social situations. But the personal drama and melodrama and hoping and wishing and regretting and fearing...pretty much gone. If they start to arise...and when they get all the way to wanting to have a say in attention and behaviour...then their only strength is to possibly manifest as a nudge from life – an intuition, never a compulsion.

Not really.

Absolutely, in so many ways “everyday sacred.” If I am perfectly still with virtually anything, it begins to vibrate with spiritual energy.

I do spend a fair amount of time (at least ½ hour per day) in intentional Stillness. Boy is that wonderful! But if I find myself dwelling on a particular thought or sensation, which is to say I become aware of my immediate focus (rather than simply doing the task of the moment), I can just “drop into presence.” It is a releasing function...an “allowing.”

Once a certain level of clarity is achieved, how has your perception of everyday life changed?

Everyday life is unchanged, except that it is now seen as “everyday life.” Before it was just “all of life” and full of self-imposed egoic scripts and seeking. Now it just marches along, every day after every day. I don’t add script lines.
Has the way you maintain your career, raise children, make decisions changed? -Are you in a conscious relationship with your partner?

Career, children, decisions and relationships – they all have their own unique energy...I guess I feel I intrude upon their flow much less. My wife is understanding of the changes in me, but she is not really pursuing spiritual growth -- she's pretty aware of unconscious stuff in herself and when it arises in me which it still does.

I volunteer in a primary school – very rewarding. (“Feelings of gratitude arise” is the nonduality-speak.) There is much less “purpose” in my life and more responding to the energies of the moment. I’m semi-retired so that kind of a life is easier.

Both. I spend more time in stillness; activity with others is more direct and clear.

Andy
Sighclone

Postby Dan_Clizer » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:16 am

runstrails wrote:
Hi Folks,
As Quinn so elegantly put it in another thread, this forum can essentially be divided into “How do I get there?” and “What happens after?”.
I’d like to explore the “What happens after?” part here. I’m interested in exploring the topic of how everyday life is lived consciously.

Thanks for asking RT. Its an honor to share with everyone.
For example,

Yes, it has stabilized.

Not for me. Its been gradual over years. The biggest difference for me now (and this has only become stable over the last two years) is the fact that I can now 'feel' what kind of energy I'm residing in instantly, whereas a few years ago it took some time. Egoic/Fear or Presence/Love. I'm much more efficient now in knowing where I am in any given moment and this has allowed me the shift my energy quickly as well when I feel my body constrict with ego/fear.

Yes, very much so! Each morning I wake up saying: Its another day filled with miracles and magic! It never really matters what I do indeed create that day, if I stay aware, there are always miracles and awesome opportunities that come up!

Once upon a time it was meditation. Now its just simple things like watching my dogs play, watching them as I tease them about going outside to get "floyd's". (Floyd's are my imaginary/fictitious creatures that will get my dogs excited so they'll want to go outside and bark :-) Another of my favorites is just engaging in any kind of nature. It always has the desired effect for me, shifting awareness into deeper levels. I also listen to music when I'm in the house doing chores, dishes, laundry, etc. I have very specific music that works well for that purpose and shifts my awareness each time I listen. I feel we all have different things that work for us and it just takes experimentation to find them.

-Once a certain level of clarity is achieved, how has your perception of everyday life changed?

The biggest way it has changed is that I don't take myself, my creation or anything in what I see around me very seriously. I'm constantly reminded of how little any of it really matters. Its a play with form. There are times when I find I'm engaging in it too seriously and then I back away again to remind myself once more: None of it really matters. The only thing that really matters is: Am I doing the best I can in this moment to represent the Spirit I AM? If I'm not, I change it and in the next moment I strive to represent Myself more in that fashion. As I do this, I also say: Each moment I'm enough, each moment what I give and represent is perfect. That perfection we Are will always be enough and it will also continue to "grow" in its ability to express the perfection it is.

-Has the way you maintain your career, raise children, make decisions changed?

It has grown as I have grown in self-awareness. As I have known better, I've done better and continue to do so. For example: I did not have as my goal 20 years ago to raise my children to be self-aware. I had more as my goal then to raise independent, sovereign individuals. Just recently I realized that raising my two kids to be self-aware was indeed the single greatest gift I could ever give them as their Dad! I have since this realization, shifted my entire focus on how I was dealing with both of them and the result has been amazing! The gifts I bring for my kids are met in kind with the equally amazing gifts they bring for me. More miracles and magic abound!

-Are you in a conscious relationship with your partner?

I do not have a partner. If I did, I don't feel it would matter very much if my partner were conscious or not. I'm only responsible for my consciousness. I do what I can in setting a good example for everyone that is around me and that is my responsibility. How the people around me respond to my consciousness is not my business.

Yes, indeed! Life has greater meaning now as I take back my responsibility. Just Being around other people has a great effect on them. Each day I'm reminded of this fact and each day I honor and give thanks for my responsibility in setting the best example I know how to do. With each passing moment that ability increases and I'm even more aware of the impact I have. Now.....taking it personally is another thing. I don't know, I may have misunderstood what you meant RT, but here's how I create: I do the best I can to set a good, Spiritual example (creation in love). How other people take/experience what I create is not my business. My business is strictly and entirely about creation of presence/spirit/love within me (exposing what the real essence of "me" is). What other people do and how they respond or react to my creation is not my business. As long as I reside in the energy of Spirit, all is well. If I should feel discordant energies present, I make a different choice and choose once again - love. Intent is the key.

More fully engaged for sure! There are times when I feel a 'cycle' of pulling my energy back (withdrawing somewhat) for personal integration purposes, but most of the time I love to engage others because I've become aware that I AM the Gift and they are the Gift to me. Presence smiles at us through another's eyes as we smile at them knowing all the time that only love is.

Love,
Dan
Dan_Clizer

Next

Return to Personal Experiences