Our Purpose Here

All members are asked to be familiar with these rules and guidelines.

Postby myself » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:14 pm

erict wrote:
But sometimes rules need to be let go of to allow the present moment to manifest in whatever way it will.


Yeah, sure, why don't we do just that. And in a few weeks there will be so many porn/casino/viagra posts here for everyone to sift through, it would surely be great.


Hey Din... I'm in the process of creating a new group WITHOUT ANY RULES WHATSOEVER... except one... spam will be deleted... but THAT's IT! YAY! come play with me there. I'll send you a link by PM.

And ya'll SERIOUS SPIRITUAL SEEKERS can keep your Citizens Against Humor club!

hahahaha
myself
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby erict » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:15 pm

When we were first starting the forum, with Heidi, I felt that freedom of expression is the most important thing. But it didn't take long to realize that lack of rules only leads to anarchy and a big mess. Now I see the forum is a lot like a magazine or a book. It just doesn't work for anyone to write whatever they want, wherever they want. At least not if we want to preserve a certain level of quality of content. So I will repeat myself: editing must be done!
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
User avatar
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:24 pm
Location: Israel

Postby myself » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:20 pm

erict wrote:When we were first starting the forum, with Heidi, I felt that freedom of expression is the most important thing. But it didn't take long to realize that lack of rules only leads to anarchy and a big mess. Now I see the forum is a lot like a magazine or a book. It just doesn't work for anyone to write whatever they want, wherever they want. At least not if we want to preserve a certain level of quality of content. So I will repeat myself: editing must be done!


well dear... obviously you recognized that freedom of expression is NOT what you hold most important.

Quality is discovered within. When you KNOW quality... when you are connected to PEACE... EVERYTHING arising is met with the knowledge of quality. You don't look out there.. in the form.... and decide on quality based on what you see with your eyes. Thoughts can trip you up there...

Discover the quality within.. and you will REJOICE at EVERY SINGLE FORM YOU SEE.

Love & peace,
Julie (my real name)
myself
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby din » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:24 pm

Hey Din... I'm in the process of creating a new group WITHOUT ANY RULES WHATSOEVER... except one... spam will be deleted... but THAT's IT! YAY! come play with me there. I'll send you a link by PM.

And ya'll SERIOUS SPIRITUAL SEEKERS can keep your Citizens Against Humor club!

hahahaha



Well, well, well.

Here's our new "Heidi" going out on her own to start a new discussion board because there was disagreement on the old one.

This is too funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's like an instant replay without the "instant".

So a new forum, a new forum is being born, and the play continues...
:)
User avatar
din
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:56 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Postby myself » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:25 pm

din wrote:
Hey Din... I'm in the process of creating a new group WITHOUT ANY RULES WHATSOEVER... except one... spam will be deleted... but THAT's IT! YAY! come play with me there. I'll send you a link by PM.

And ya'll SERIOUS SPIRITUAL SEEKERS can keep your Citizens Against Humor club!

hahahaha



Well, well, well.

Here's our new "Heidi" going out on her own to start a new discussion board because there was disagreement on the old one.

This is too funny!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's like an instant replay without the "instant".

So a new forum, a new forum is being born, and the play continues...


Ok Buddy... I'm gonna ban you for.... for..... well just for general purposes!

hahaha just kidding
myself
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby erict » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:26 pm

Firstly, if you want to write something for one person specifially, PM that person. There's no need for every visitor to read posts that are completely meaningless and unimportant and unrelated. This is one thing that bothers me, because I'm aware that most people who visit the forum don't have neither the time nor the desire to sift through tons of meaningless "kissy kissy, smoochie smoochie" posts that don't really even say anything. You have to realize that everything must have it's place. Though this forum is not a playground, I realize the need for a place for such threads. But I dont want all threads evolving into this kind of meaningless mess. If you want to ask someone how they are doing, or flirt or talk about the weather, why cant you do that in PM's? That is what they are for.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
User avatar
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:24 pm
Location: Israel

Postby din » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:30 pm

Discover the quality within.. and you will REJOICE at EVERY SINGLE FORM YOU SEE.


Agreed.

But the form must also be respected.

When you start your own discussion board, you will find yourself in Heidi's and Eric's position. Do you not see that?

There is no right and wrong here. This is the world of form, of the relative, and as such there are limitations. It is part of the nature of form.
:)
User avatar
din
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:56 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Postby myself » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:34 pm

erict wrote:Firstly, if you want to write something for one person specifially, PM that person. There's no need for every visitor to read posts that are completely meaningless and unimportant and unrelated. This is one thing that bothers me, because I'm aware that most people who visit the forum don't have neither the time nor the desire to sift through tons of meaningless "kissy kissy, smoochie smoochie" posts that don't really even say anything. You have to realize that everything must have it's place. Though this forum is not a playground, I realize the need for a place for such threads. But I dont want all threads evolving into this kind of meaningless mess. If you want to ask someone how they are doing, or flirt or talk about the weather, why cant you do that in PM's? That is what they are for.


I'll tell you why... because there is a message being communicated in EVERY SINGLE POST I WRITE. Yeah... you can look at it and say it's meaningless banter. But look deeper... I'm modeling playfulness.. lightheartedness... joy of Being. Of course it must look totally irrelevant and unsubstantial and unimportant to one that is seriously seeking enlightenment. But you're on a goosechase that you will never catch!

BE in Light-ened NOW. Be light... Lighthearted.. NOW.... why wait? NONE of it is serious. None of it is important. None of it is more or less relevant. Do you take yourself so seriously that you need others to conform to your dictates and so keep this identity intact?

I'm not trying to convince you... you're most welcome to have whatever forum you want... and this is why there is a parting of ways... because I can't be contained within your rules and structures... no problem! :D
myself
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby erict » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:37 pm

Just try to look at things from a different perspective. Not just from your own. You know what you want, you want TOTAL FREEDOMMMMMMM TO wriTe aND SAy wHATevEr you WaNT, how ever you want it.

But what about everyone else? I need to think about what the majority of people that visit this forum want. What did they come here looking for? And I do realize the need some people have to just babble endlessly about nothing in particular. I understand, really I do. And I think there should be some corner of the forum for that purpose. But when a new visitor comes, threads should all be clearly categorized and titled, to make navigation easier, because there is so much content on this forum. It must be easy to navigate. Again I will repeat that I don't want to have a forum that is one big mess, where people are forced to sift through ton of junk, to find what they are looking for. Can you at least try to see things from this persepctive?
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
User avatar
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin
 
Posts: 1776
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:24 pm
Location: Israel

Postby myself » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:40 pm

din wrote:
There is no right and wrong here. This is the world of form, of the relative, and as such there are limitations. It is part of the nature of form.


Well... this is all an experiment with form, of course. I am tentatively experimenting with a very liberating format... a forum with no restriction save for deleting obvious spam. We'll see how it goes.. I'm not attached to it one way or another.

What is going on here right now on this forum is PERFECT! It is GRAND... absolutely! We are clarifying for ourselves what is most important... as Eric mentioned. It is ALL about self discovery. The rubber is meeting the road now, folks... see how you're driving!
myself
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby din » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:41 pm

Firstly, if you want to write something for one person specifially, PM that person. There's no need for every visitor to read posts that are completely meaningless and unimportant and unrelated.


I disagree, it is the nature of ego to want to stand out, to be heard , to be understood, to share that which it expresses.

This is one thing that bothers me, because I'm aware that most people who visit the forum don't have neither the time nor the desire to sift through tons of meaningless "kissy kissy, smoochie smoochie" posts that don't really even say anything.


I'm going to disagree again because we are still human and as such emotions are an amazingly important and colourful aspect of our nature.



You have to realize that everything must have it's place. Though this forum is not a playground,


It is for me.

I realize the need for a place for such threads. But I dont want all threads evolving into this kind of meaningless mess.


Neither would I. But that will not happen. But to ban such expression outright will cause anxiety in the posters wondering if their post has gone beyond the acceptable limits.
:)
User avatar
din
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:56 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Postby myself » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:44 pm

erict wrote:Just try to look at things from a different perspective. Not just from your own. You know what you want, you want TOTAL FREEDOMMMMMMM TO wriTe aND SAy wHATevEr you WaNT, how ever you want it.

But what about everyone else? I need to think about what the majority of people that visit this forum want. What did they come here looking for? And I do realize the need some people have to just babble endlessly about nothing in particular. I understand, really I do. And I think there should be some corner of the forum for that purpose. But when a new visitor comes, threads should all be clearly categorized and titled, to make navigation easier, because there is so much content on this forum. It must be easy to navigate. Again I will repeat that I don't want to have a forum that is one big mess, where people are forced to sift through ton of junk, to find what they are looking for. Can you at least try to see things from this persepctive?



hahaha! that's very clever... i like the font thingy...

ok... yes of course I see your perspective. you're not wrong.. I never thought you were wrong in anything you feel, think, or decide to do. you can create whatever kind of playground you want! who am I to tell you otherwise? just because it's not the game i want to play doesn't mean that my games are any more valid than yours. :D
myself
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 8:37 pm

Postby din » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:46 pm

I'm modeling playfulness.. lightheartedness... joy of Being. Of course it must look totally irrelevant and unsubstantial and unimportant to one that is seriously seeking enlightenment. But you're on a goosechase that you will never catch!


Good stuff!!!

But this is the wrong board for this stuff!!!

Your posts are saturated with truth.
:)
User avatar
din
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:56 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Postby din » Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:49 pm

Again I will repeat that I don't want to have a forum that is one big mess, where people are forced to sift through ton of junk, to find what they are looking for. Can you at least try to see things from this persepctive?


Yes. :D
:)
User avatar
din
 
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:56 pm
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Postby weichen » Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:08 pm

erict wrote:Can you at least try to see things from this persepctive?


I can sense that certain registered users would not take a few minutes simply acknowledge erict's perspective first, and then say I don't agree.

It is perfectly ok to completely disagree with erict, but it is graceful to at least paraphrase erict's perspective in one's own language FIRST to show that erict's message is received.

Quoting erict through copying and pasting, and then say I disagree is not acknowledgement. Because you may not even understand what erict is really saying.

So often in real life communication between two "adults", we are simply waiting for our turns to say what is on our mind without really listen to the other person. If you paraphrase the other person's content of perspective (and also reflect the other person's emotion) FIRST, your disagreement at step two would be far more persuasive (wouldn't you love that ?)
weichen
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:37 am
Location: NYC

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Rules and Guidelines

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest