...and other natural laws

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: ...and other natural laws

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:02 am

The law of balance –
“Balance applies to us on cosmic, biological, and personal levels – to our body, mind and emotions – reminding us that anything we do, we can overdo or underdo, and that if our internal pendulum swings to one side, it will inevitably swing to the other”.

For me this law, or rather the practicing of it brings closer the width of experience and allows us to discover the depth of experience. The word games I play are part of the ‘naming’ of the depth areas on the pendulum when you bring them closer into balance, rather than swinging wildly from one extreme point to another. That’s not to say balance isn’t an energy field on its own. It’s not static as we might presume. It is, a deeply, powerfully resonating energy rather like the power in employing the law of flexibility.

He discusses that each of us need to find our own ‘middle ground’ and that for most it involves learning from the experiences of swinging out to the polarities. This may be why some think they find ‘peace’ after/by/through ‘suffering’. Balance and the other laws allow us to recognise and express the peace within that which one could ‘suffer’ from; and a deep experience of the state.

He notes that a special application of the law of balance is in the actions of giving and receiving. Some of this harks to biblical parables and other cultural “mysteries” (in my own understanding) we receive that which we give. It is finely attuned to the law of Expectation though. Conditional giving with expectation of return “has a hook-like energy that curtails higher energy or repels the desired results”.

I love this observation of balance and it is maybe what is misunderstood in the LOA at times and funny that he uses the word ‘Secret’ again:
“The secret of giving and receiving is that whatever we feel we need is really a message from our deeper self telling us what we most need to give”.

For me this harks to deeper experiences of things like: judge not, lest you also be judged; why mention the splinter in your brother’s eye and not see the log in your own; if a man would steal your coat, give him also your shirt; and what you are without, you are within.

Mastering balance is central to most spiritual development paths, but again it is not a passive or stagnant energy – it is sublimely alive, as expressive, in depth as the energy of a volcano. Enthusiasm in balance is beyond yum. In numerological terms it’s the 5 in the middle of the universe, it is freedom from and freedom to and balancing all of the laws effortlessly.

My mind picture of this is not the blindfolded lady passively and silently standing holding the ‘scales of justice’ steady and unmoving, it is a (near) naked human, arms outstretched, palms in receiving mode, face to the heavens yelling YES to the universe, while shaking in their boots in trepidation/humility.
(hehehe… you thought they had a loin cloth on didn’t you?)

HH the Dalai Lama, for me, personifies balance in spiritual development extremely well, and many of the other ‘laws’ on the outside visible for all to see and appreciate, even if we don’t know what that ‘energy’ is.

If you feel out of kilter in any situation – look to both extremes before settling in what would be the middle and take the stance above for experiential understanding. (if you’re game).

Another area of balance in giving and receiving is that usually 'value' is perceived by the giver, not the receiver. eg the govt giving the 'price' of land/house and taking someone's home may not be considered 'balanced' in the receiver's view. In more ancient cultures there is an understanding of reciprocity that doesn't necessary mean a two way trade - one can 'give' and the 'receiver' may 'give' elsewhere in order to keep the balance, but always there is balance.
Last edited by smiileyjen101 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:04 am

The law of process p 346
For me brilliantly captured in the statement on this page
“On the path to our goals if we want to get from point A to point Z, the surest way to get there is to first go to point B, then C, then D and so on. Skipping a single step, even though it appears to be a shortcut, often results in failure.”

Life may seem at times that you’re going around in circles, more likely you’ve over-looked, avoided, resisted, or manipulated a step, out of balance with the laws of nature. It also speaks to the insanity of doing the same thing the same way and expecting a different outcome as Einstein observed. In order for something to change in outcome, something has to change in the process.

No thing is too big to handle, it’s just one step at a time. If you feel overwhelmed by anything, break it down into manageable bits. Also, no experience happened all at once, it happened in stages, in moments. Overnight success takes to that point in a lifetime of taking steps within the laws. (inc choices, balance etc etc etc)
Last edited by smiileyjen101 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:06 am

The law of patterns P349
Briefly capsulated
“Any habit or pattern, whether we call it ‘good’ or ‘bad’, despite our best intentions tends to reassert itself over time, unless we break that pattern by doing something differently”.

Bemoaning things like – people always let me down, I never have enough .. money, time, possessions, love etc is a sure-fire way to notice the law of patterns out of kilter with the law of process and of balance, and probably responsibility too.

Millman quotes Sir Isaac Newton (p350)
“the third law of motion asserts: An object at rest tends to remain at rest, and an object in motion tends to stay in motion, unless subjected to an outside force”.

We (unconsciously) invoke the law of patterns by our programming and our perspective. We can consciously work with the energy flow of this law (remembering laws of flexibility, responsibility and choices....) by noticing the patterns of thoughts, behaviours or even outcomes, using the law of process to identify steps that make up the pattern and then doing something different within that process to ‘break the pattern’. Just saying we want a different outcome will not invoke this law – which is one reason why the ‘Secret’ version of LOA maybe seems not to work at times.

In a sense for me this is in part what ET pointed to (for me) when he spoke about ‘dying to yourself’ – not necessarily the whole give up your sense of self, but taking apart and with clarity about how unconsciously ego can take over your life, put the pieces back together. It’s why (again for me) major events ‘outside force’ can be viewed as an opportunity to do this.
Last edited by smiileyjen101 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:08 am

The law of discipline p354
This is the one I obviously struggle with the most ; ) even finding ways to ‘accommodate’ the rules of the forum re posting so soon after another post in the same topic ; )

It is the swinging polarity to freedom, and therefore will be experienced most by those with a soul urge of being free. He counsels to think to the law of balance and experience things more deeply, rather than more broadly. Finding your freedom within, rather than externally.

He encapsulates it thus:
“Discipline is the surest means to a greater freedom and independence; it provides the focus to achieve the skill level and depth of knowledge that translates into more options in life.”

It speaks to the wanderlust searching for home everywhere but finding the home is within. It speaks to the thrill-seeking experiencer to find the excitement within.
It speaks to the student or the parent or the scientist or the creator of any thing to have the patience and diligence to see the experience through to its fullest capacity.

Snowy will be thrilled to know that Millman concedes
[quote ]“The Law of Discipline points to a paradox”.
“While freedom is our transcendent birthright, it must be earned in this world;”
[/quote]

He goes on to say the only way to ‘earn’ freedom and independence is through discipline (not around, not avoiding, not going over or under or away from, not by arguing with the ‘laws’ or ‘god’… sigh… )

Through a deeper understanding of the universal laws and the mess we make of the universe and the human condition by not being aware of and implementing them and embracing them, we find inner freedom – that cannot be taken away by any one or any thing or any circumstance because it is freedom from the “chains of the mind”.

Which from ET we all know is synonymous with ego/separation etc

For me this one – and we all apparently have different ones that stack up in different resonances as we grapple with them, which is why his book highlights which laws might be more resonant to different people via numerology charts.. (OKAY Hanss I’ll stop that ‘new-age’ babble now … stay with me…. It’s actually an ancient understanding of the resonance of numbers, which are really only describers of elements.)

Employing the law of discipline takes us, like the law of balance, more deeply into the opportunities of the human experience, rather than like a scatter-gun ignoring any of the other laws it provides the bed for them all to be noticed. For almost every spiritual law we break there are immediate consequences. This one seems to last a lifetime and is the one that provides the depth of understanding, a lot of which feels like it’s spent in breaking free from chains, but the chains have been of our own making, albeit other ‘angels’ do seem to ‘help’.

The chains are our ignorance and our reactions in ignorance.

When I’ve said absolutely all things are permissible under the laws... my ‘energy force’ that took me into the tunnel and light in my nde, following my son… yes on one hand it was selfless love, but as Enigma also pointed out once, even selfless love can have an angle. I have no doubt I was also throwing a cosmic tantrum right in the face of the law of discipline. How DARE god think he can have MY son? I’ll give him a piece of MY mind and tell him what's what… about as directly as I could methinks.

It was also an extreme.. I guess, disobedience of the laws of human beingness. Calling ‘time-out’ from the playing field to a degree.. “Oi, Umpire.. you just hang on a minute… I’m not having this malarky going on in MY game…’

Yes, irreverent respect is Balanced ; )
But no, it wasn’t within my ‘Responsibility’.
The resonance of Discipline was explosively volcanically explosive in depth and height. Even to the arguing about coming back into the ‘confines’ of my body and the consciousness of form.

Ultimately no matter how much I wanted to be for that decision, I am not the CEO of the universe, nor the director of my son’s experiences or those around us. It’s why webby’s question about my son’s purpose was so hard for me to (not be able to) answer in the nde thread.

Webby has asked me if I thought nde was a ‘glitch’ in the system… ummm…quick, employ Honesty and Responsibility and Discipline… (giggles like a red-faced schoolgirl) "Yes sir, it 'might' be."

I was aware in the light that frankly I’d made a right old mess of the whole ‘Pattern’ shebang by being the ‘external influence’ doing something differently. But it’s okay, the universe just adjusted the ‘Process’ slightly to get it all back into Balance, as is the nature of things.

So if you want ‘freedom’ learn to be disciplined and you will have far deeper freedom and independence. I ‘feel’ it in the cries of the young here saying ‘Why should I bother studying this… I just want to go off and travel and experience life etc’
I smile thinking - no choice is wrong, it just brings a different experience and god knows I've had many a 'different experience' by my choices.

But most of them already know (but may be resisting) if they study and grow qualifications from their efforts the experience will be far different. Depends what they really want from the experience.
Last edited by smiileyjen101 on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:11 am

The law of perfection p358
Snowy will be thrilled again:
“The law of perfection presents a paradox because it contains two apparently opposite truths, which operate at different levels of experience.
From a conventional view this world is a place of suffering: (examples)
From a transcendental perspective (examples) ‘everything going on in this moment on planet Earth is absolutely, completely perfect in terms of a great process of evolution.

This reminder of the bigger picture is the key for those of us (not me) who have perfectionist tendencies and higher vision, but who often lose perspective and worry about petty details”

Those working with issues of vision and acceptance need to develop the ability to take this leap of faith, this mental shift out of our own body, our own life, our own drama, even our own socially conscious, politically correct psyche and see, accept and embrace all that is.

For those who cry What about starving children? …
“I can only answer that by accepting all things as perfect, we also accept our own responses and responsibilities, which may certainly include doing what we can to help the world, to donate time or money….

That too is absolutely perfect.

If we act out of guilt or out of a melancholy spirit our action has less impact than if we hold a larger perspective even while doing our best to help alleviate suffering.”

Balancing this with the other laws, responsibility, etc makes all things possible.
Which again, reinforces the perfection of both the laws and the experience of them.

“His suggestion for applying this law:
Practice this simple act of remembering:
Ultimately everything and everyone is perfect.
Conventionally, nothing and no one is perfect, except flow, change and fun.”

I’d play with those words and say ‘accept flow, change and fun’ – if within the understanding and application of the laws – sweet!! bonus!!
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:16 am

The law of the present moment p 362
Pretty much a capsule summary of similar pointers to the PON. Try to stay with the ‘laws’ already outlined (non-judgementally noticing something here)

He inserts the quote:
The present moment is a powerful goddess” Goethe.

On p 363 He speaks forever is now, “this is not an abstract concept – time is the abstract concept” worries, regrets, projecting etc etc
Then this –
“ The law of the present moment can sweep our psyche clear of debris and return us to a state of simplicity and inner peace. It won’t help us in the future, however, and it never happened in the past” etc etc

Then this – “Normally, when we have a problem, it involves something that has already happened, whether two seconds ago or two decades ago or something that we anticipate will happen in what we call the future. We almost never have a problem in the present moment.

For example, Rudolph is sitting on a park bench, in the middle of his mid-life crisis. His wife is leaving him; his daughter is getting her Ph.D. in shopping with his last credit card; the bank just sent someone over to nail a foreclosure sign on his front door; his son needs bail money for driving while drunk in a stolen car. Rudolph’s life is in shambles. Or is it? Didn’t we begin this little scenario as he sat on a park bench? In the moment, just sitting is Rudolph’s reality. He may have to deal with other moments and other problems, but right now, he has no problems. He is just sitting on a park bench.

Our body lives in the present moment. Despite all the thoughts we may have about past mistakes or future problems, we can call upon the Law of the Present Moment, reminding ourselves that only now exists. All we have to do is make the most of relaxing into and embracing this moment, and put one foot in front of the other as we handle what appears right now, one moment, one step at a time.”

…and more discussion many of us are likely to be familiar with.

- my noticing – ©Dan Millman 1993. My wondering, when was Tolle sitting on a park bench realising this? My copy of PON says © 2004

Which leads directly into the Law of No Judgments - but I'll leave it here for the moment, give folks a chance to catch up and ponder & query however
smiileyjen101

Postby hanss » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:17 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:god i love you man!! Just because you found peace and laughter in an icecream shop with an attractive lady sorely misinfluenced by a motor vehicle of 'repute' and could enjoy fun at your ego's expense...
I love you too :) I hesitate to write this here, but what the heck. The day after reading the NDE thread I was working out at the gym in the morning. Few people besides me. An older man was there, I see him there once or twice a week. This morning he was looking at me in a strange way. I checked myself in the mirror to see if I had something in my face or clothes, but no. But he kept on looking (at distance). I went on, lifted weights and so on. Later I was appraoching a machine and I saw two people bending over the man, he had collapsed and was lying on the floor. His eyes were open but he looked "extremely tired". I decided to not interfere with the situation. More people came, ambulance was called. About 5 mintues later there was only one man watching the old man and a woman wating to guide the ambulance outside. The other people were gone. I noticed that the old man had closed his eyes and the thought came "he is drifting away". Whatever that means. More thoughts popped up. "We are connected", "pure love", "dance of energies" and words from a Qigong dude. He is saying that techniques are less important than intention and love. And if you don't have enough of that, "call up on your masters energy" (which is the universal energy). So, I did that. Sort of playing but in a serious way, I focused on my heart and own energy, asked for universal energy and pretended I sent it to the man on the floor from about 20 feet away. I did this for about 3-4 seconds and the man opened his eyes... Then the ambulance came and they took care of him. And I thought, another coincidence. Among hundreds of others... 20 min later another man approached me. We had been belonged to the same photography club years ago. But he didn't talk about that so much. Almost emediately he started talking about life descions and all kinds of stuff which was very surprising, coming from him. The most surprising thing was the he practically answered a question/concern I had, which I also talked about on this forum recently. For a few seconds I lost communication with him and wondered "is this really happening? What the bbeeeeepppp is going on?" This is only a few of the things that has happened the last few days. Hmmm... maybe I should go and buy ice-cream... 8)
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)
hanss

Postby runstrails » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:37 pm

Jen,
You amaze me! You are a true force of nature :D Thank you for your extensive and illuminating quotes.
I skimmed through the quotes--and they were so intriguing that I went ahead and ordered the Millman book! I like this context better---where we simply make many observations about reality and the context in which it affects us (It fine that he calls them laws--for me they are simply relevant and interesting observations).
So, I'll bite:
The one aspect of reality that seems certain to me---is duality! (Law of duality, if you prefer :lol:)
Night follows day. Down follows Up. Happiness follows sadness. Winter follows summer, birth follows death. One is necessary to recognize the other. Now when something happens that I consider "good" (via loA or not :wink: ), I know that something else will happen soon enough that I will consider "bad". The energies of the related emotions are complete opposites too. Expansion vs. contraction. So I embrace this duality and try to simply decrease my judgements of what I consider good or bad and this reduces suffering. Then it makes it fun to experience and watch even as its all unfolding. It's interesting that the ultimate non-dual reality (oneness) and the everyday duality is also a duality, isn't it. Isn't that cool! This makes me think that duality is in the essential nature of true reality (whatever that is).
So with regards to LoA, even if you get what you want--be prepared for something else to occur that you don't want! Gonna happen, no way to avoid it :wink:
runstrails

Postby hanss » Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:30 pm

Thank you for all this. These laws feels natural 8) This, however seems like a full time job:
smiileyjen101 wrote:Balancing this with the other laws, responsibility, etc makes all things possible.

I think I will do like runstrails and observe. The law of discipline I did not understand.

smiileyjen101 wrote:.. accept flow, change and fun ...

Yum! ( I skipped the "within the laws part... 8) )
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)
hanss

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:24 am

Namaste folks and I mean that deeply, the god within me honours the god within you - and I am most blessed and honoured to be sharing this journey with you.

Already I am noticing not just the embracing, and the realising, but the underlying realisations that in order for the previously mentioned laws to work in harmony, there must be other sources of power at work - and whether you realise it or not, you are instinctively right!!

Still to be outlined are the Laws of - No Judgement, Faith, Expectations, Honesty, Higher Will, Intuition, Action and Cycles. Only when you combine these with the already highlighted Laws of - Flexibility, Choices, Responsibility, Balance, Process, Patterns, Discipline, Perfection and the Present Moment - do you get the totality of ENERGY at work in the universe, in our lives and beyond.

In a sense RT non-duality and duality are perspectives on the dance of the ALL depending on where you are standing-under. At any one moment we can accept or deny (in thought or in action) any of the energies at work, (no choice is wrong...) and none of them stand alone, and we are not outside of them, we are part of them, dancing right along whether we know it or not.

Hanss - the light that you illuminated with your joy in the ice-cream shop in the nature beautiful or ugly thread, was such a thing of awesome beauty - I feel like i've been honoured at the witnessing of your re-birth into a new level of understanding your and others' ego at work and accepting it, even dancing with and laughing joyously at the realisation, this speaks to a shift in the resonance of the energy of No Judgements.

Once this energy was released/harnessed by you, it is no surprise at all to me that you began surfing on the waves of awareness and connecting with the source of Higher Will and of Intuition in a Pattern of Perfection. That you're not yet confident to accept the Perfection of the events is interesting - it's a thing we do to avoid responsibility for our part in the dance, when we call a thing a 'co-incidence', but that's okay too, don't worry about it. When these things fall back into the fabric of BEING, or more of AWARE BEING, its perfection is laid illuminatedly visible.

Because I struggle with the law of discipline, I apologise, I put too much of 'me' into the explanation of it. To bring it close to you - in the gym - if you follow the disciplines of biology and exercise there will be deep experience of the cause and effect at work... yes? If you blindly start doing weights etc without this understanding the outcome will be ...different... yes?

In this sense Discipline while it might 'feel' confining, gives us more independence and freedom to achieve deeper experiential results of a thing. But 'resistance' to the Law of discipline means you will likely unBalance both the Process ... A..B...C.. D....etc ... Z and the Pattern at work naturally. So you will either skim the surface of the experience or it will result in breadth, rather than depth of experience - becoming a Jack of all trades, Master of none. (and that's okay too...)

These laws feels natural

They are.. they absolutely are. What many latch onto as 'new age' is merely the dressing given to them in modern time, they are as ancient and universal as the 'before the creation of the universe' and they will remain long after the season of the universe as we know it.

Like the clair abilities they can be developed in understanding or ignored or denied, or skewed with natural consequences. I was incredibly blessed to be raised within a big family that was culturally aware of them, handed down orally in wisdom, so my 'understanding' of them and any study of them that I've done in my later years is more to see the different ways they are interpreted in different cultures, religions, by different authors or practitioners etc

so the discussion on LOA was ... imbalanced in my understanding of how it filters energy in directions.

I also want to thank you for your honesty and your love in sharing your experience with the man at the gym and for exponentially choosing love over fear bring light into the world. Do you see no matter how that may or did proceed the Choice of love illuminated the Perfection of the Moment?

In part the law of No Judgment was at work... and so I'll continue with the laws as discussed by Millman.

Before I do, I need to share with absolute love and honesty and acceptance that you need do no thing with any of this. If it seems like hard work to notice and employ, then there may be resistance at work. It all 'easy to do, easy not to'. and sincerely, no choice is wrong, it just brings a different experience. Which again falls into the No Judgments arena of energy. I carry no judgement and no responsibility for what anyone else thinks, feels, does, doesn't do with any of this - it's not 'mine' this sharing is merely coming through me as a willing instrument,
but the 'music' of it, is such a JOY the pleasure is already mine, without attachment.
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:43 am

Law of No Judgments
“The Universal Spirit does not judge us; judgments are human inventions, a means to compare, contrast and control s we judge ourselves against artificial, and often idealistic, standards of perfection, morality or truth.”

Quoting Plato: “As youth fades and time brings changes, we may change many of our present opinions. So let us refrain from setting ourselves up as judge of the highest matters.”

He goes into a discussion about how we first and mostly judge ourselves, then others seem to judge us, but they are only mirroring our own disappointments.

If you go to the notion of ‘suffering/disappointment’ being the distance between expectation and reality you can see how easily this occurs as a ‘negative’ effect.

He asks, ‘what if we completely accepted ourselves and others?’
Add this to the laws of perfection, etc etc…

…This law for me embraces the ‘truth’ I found in the life review in the light, of the distortion of the religious ‘judgement’ by God creating punishment and suffering.

The ‘punishment’ for my judging was already manifest in the suffering I enacted by separating myself and my friend from her murderer and living in fear and anger and judging something that was really ‘none of my business’ (me not being CEO of the universe and everything ; )

The depth of this law is amazing.

Judge not, lest you also be judged (by the same measure) – how can you not be? You are being the judge!

Suggestion one in this section is stop beating yourself up!!
Reading the poignant unconditional love pointers in webby’s latest nde thread also give greater clarity to this.

And apart from all that – what outside of your limited perspective in this moment can you accurately gauge anyway?

If you are judging another it is likely you are out of Balance with the law of Responsibility and possibly the Present Moment, Patterns, Process.

Let all things unfold as they are. In PON the story about the monk saying 'Is that so?' not reacting defensively to accusations, eventually the truth became evident, how could it not?

And remember the things that irk you are within you - look first inwards for the source of your discontent.

This of course is Balanced and empowered by the law of Flexibility and of another law to come - Action. Again it is not weakness to employ it, it is powerful energy in motion.
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:54 am

The law of faith p 369
“The law of faith is founded upon the recognition that we know more than we have read, heard, or studied; we know more because we are more; we have a direct link to universal wisdom; we only have to look, listen, and trust.

This goes into a discussion about having faith in ourselves – from within ourselves –

“not as a large storehouse of information, but as a direct channel to the infinite wisdom available to us all”.
It also adds: ‘A corollary to the Law of Faith can be stated thus:

Self-trust comes through direct experience, which reminds us to pay attention first to our own experience, not to advice from a book or teacher.

Improvisational dancing, martial arts and other sports, and playing a musical instrument, are all good ways to develop a trust in our body’s innate ability to move without thinking, following its own wisdom. We come to trust that our body can take care of itself very well without philosophies; we discover what our body knows and can do what’s needed as soon as we listen and let it show us.”

Faith is a direct recognition based on higher wisdom; it entails the courage to trust that whatever happens can serve our higher good.

I would add Ghandi's quote here too -
"Faith is not something to grasp; it is a state to grow into"

Experiencing and understanding faith gives you confidence that knows no ego, it is the free flowing expression of who you really are in harmony with the all – and if you’re following the other laws ( inc but not limited to non-judgmental, perfection) you will see how amazingly beautiful this really is, and through that lens, how amazingly beautiful everything is. (beauty not in the sense of a judgement, but its perfection in ‘light’ energy)
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:00 am

The law of expectations P373
This one may (sort of) touch on the LOA, but remember it is simultaneously in perfect unison with all of the other laws in motion –

Energy follows thought; we move toward, but not beyond what we can imagine.
What we assume, expect or believe colors and creates our experience; by changing our expectations, we change our experience of every aspect of life”.

(The question here I think I recall coming up in discussion somewhere along the line in the topics)
– “do we form beliefs based on our experience, or do we create experiences based on our beliefs?

Experience and expectation do, of course, influence another, but while most of us may credit that logical and psychological idea that our beliefs are primarily shaped by our experience, the law of Expectation states it the other way around:

What we believe or expect, over time, at the deepest or subconscious levels, tends to shape our external reality.

He speaks about everything being energy, including thoughts, manifesting into form that colors the filters through which we see the world.

His example –

“Those of us who expect that people can’t be trusted find evidence that supports this belief. The key to applying the law of Expectations is to create new expectations, based not on blind faith, but on clear intention. This law helps to take us beyond our previously assumed limits, themselves generated by earlier beliefs and expectations that may have been formed in the first months of life.
This energy binds to itself in a ‘like attracts like’ resonance creating the ‘self fulfilling prophecy’.

He goes on to explain how imbalances in your perception of your expectations affect this ‘law’. Contradictory messages will play havoc with this law – which is why the win/lose/win/lose swinging of desires may occur.

The universe needs you to be very clear and put things in the ‘positive’ not the ‘negative’ framing because the resonance of ‘not whatever’ is the same as ‘whatever’. Because there is no judgment and everything is perfect, remember?

(as an aside... this may speak to the notion of duality and non-duality being one - I admit I can't quite grasp the 'separation' in the terms used + & - = 0)

Being out of kilter in other laws to boot eg if you are being judgmental of yourself, you’ll likely not be loving enough to think you deserve other than what you have that may be creating your ‘misery’, trying to be the CEO of the universe without respect for your limits obviously won’t work for things outside of your responsibility either etc

Which also leads into the Law of Honesty

What? You think you can bluff the universe? ; )
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:17 am

The Law of Honesty P377
Recognising, accepting and expressing our authentic interior reality lies at the heart of reality;

(space for breathing this in completely it is an in-spir-ation moment worthy of it)

only when we are honest with ourselves can we speak or act honestly with anyone else.
In the sense of integrity, honesty entails acting in line with higher laws despite negative impulses to the contrary.

(Breathe)

In the sense of integrity, honesty entails
Acting in line with higher laws
Despite negative impulses to the contrary
."

What might ‘create’ negative impulses to the contrary?
A sense of separation from the all?
Judging? Self and others?
False Emotions Appearing Real?
Ego?
Lack of faith in the perfection of every thing and every one?
Lack of love for self and all?
Death?

“When we are dishonest in any way, with ourselves or with others, intentionally or not, our internal parts fight one another and our inner sense of spirit or inspiration fades; we feel cut off and alone, and we attract whatever lessons we need to learn. Concepts of morality may change, but (natural) consequences are absolute.”

This speaks to the notion that natural consequences unfold in the order of the laws, only humankind pre-empt this and create ‘punishment’ through judgment, and sometimes that judgment is not judicial but prejudicial.

Integrity in this sense brings the notion of honesty into the realm of humanness, acting in line with the higher laws raises honesty to its most magnificent flowing of nature aware of itself experiencing itself.

Nature is creation evolving through the rising and falling of all energy flows, in balance, without obstruction, recognising whose response-ability begins and ends where in the chain of cooperation, creating the ever changing yet staying the same patterns from expectations and choices that are the process of the perfection of the present moment.

In that latest nde account Webby put up, this is the whole warehouse with all lights blazing, shining even under the farthest reaches of the shelving just millimetres above the floor, into the furthest cracks in the walls and corners of the roofline.

This is how the ‘all’ knows, loves, creates itself, beyond concepts of morality or humanness this is consciousness being. This is the bliss. The god-love. The all-knowing. The source.

And it’s right there inside us.

This is the ‘what now’ after illuminating your mind to the falsenesses built up since you came through the dark tunnel (birth canal) into this world in expectation.

Applying this, and all the laws consciously is the ‘What is my place in the world?’ experiential developmental step that comes after (if you’re willing, no choice is wrong blah blah) Who Am I?

Being the authentic you with clarity of the ‘laws’ is the child-likely mature, maturely child-like, the volcanic energy of depth of experience, the egoically-conscious, the wisely-naïve, seriously-funny, balance of all things in harmony.

RT, you asked if it might be better to just sit in the bliss and accept the out of balances situations you are still creating when operating in ‘form’ situations. No choice is wrong…

Could you just accept and get to this state without recognising and working with the flow of the natural laws? Possibly for awhile, you could also drive on a freeway without understanding any mechanics of the car or road rules – chances are the s.h. one t is gonna hit the fan at some point though and in terms of ‘responsibility’ while it doesn’t matter to anyone else what you are doing on the road – does it matter, for you?

‘knowing’ this information is inside you in instincts buried under expectations and ‘truths’ built up over the years, yes you could sit in a cave and contemplate it all in isolation. But think of the Dalai Lama… look how much fun he has understanding this stuff AND living in the world of form.

When we look to children who haven’t yet hardened to their experiences we see this same joy. You could get a lobotomy to eliminate those areas of the brain interfering with the joy, or you could shine the light on them and disperse the falsities.

By the mere reading of this though.. ooopsss.. too late!! We’ve set the universe in motion and it will have its wonderful way with us.

But back to the book –

quoted p379 – “One should strive not to lie in the negative sense of remaining silent. Tolstoy.”

The full application of honesty includes knowing how we feel and expressing it, without fear, without malice, without breaking any of the previously mentioned laws. It may be harder than it seems to do this in a world that doesn’t seem to play along but it is not dependant upon any ‘other’.

Expecting others to do anything is over-reaching the law of responsibility and expectations so you do actually go it alone on this one. It can feel like being the child at the front of the crowd saying ‘But the Emperor’s got no clothes on’ amid the fuss over his naked ‘finery’.

But you need never apologise for being completely honest -
in CWG - "Honesty is the Highest Form of Love" and "Love is God Expressed".

The honesty I expressed that ‘no I would not kill Hitler’ in the non-violence thread, takes into account all of these ‘laws’ as I understand them to this moment. The clarity and peace at the moment my son left his tiny body, another.

The recognition that I may be creating a period of angst and providing a bed for resistance in others with my honesty at times is not without love. It's the reason I ask for forgiveness in advance if I 'feel' that I may or may not be bumping up against the law of responsibility with my honesty ( my .. forgive me … don’t be angry with me.. I’m gonna rock the boat a little and it may feel uncomfortable).

But being love and compassion does not mean the energy of Truth should be surpressed, quite the opposite.

I learned this from God ; )

A saying I read once that said sometimes when people’s lives are shaken to the core they turn to God and tell him of their troubles, and he says: “I know, I’m the one shaking your core”.

:lol:

This can only be understood, either in the light – in the warehouse with the lights on, or by understanding the ‘laws’ at work while still in form. And by understanding I mean standing under them having experienced them.

Understanding the Law of Honesty brings us to the Law of Higher Will p381.
(RT holding your hand here)
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:40 am

Law of Higher Will p381.
(RT holding your hand here - why? because I think God is gonna shake your core here, but it's okay hun, feel it with the honesty described above - you actually 'asked' for it :wink:
Runstrails said: My question is a fairly basic one. Why should we be concerned at all about any such 'laws' (assuming they exist--and I'm not sure that they do)? Isn't that just more conceptual theorization?
Why is it not enough to realize our true nature, rest in that incredible peace and appreciate whatever arises in the present moment? I mean really appreciate it rather than trying to understand it or figure it out.

how the answer to your question manifests for you is really none of my business, but I am here with you in love and compassion, admiring your courage in the asking.)

From the viewpoint of our separate self and smaller will, it’s normal to act on the basis of our own desires and preferences;

When we surrender our smaller self and will to the guidance of a higher will and dedicate our actions for the highest good of all concerned, we feel an inspired glow at the centre of our life.

The law of higher will especially serves those of us who have mistaken our opinions or beliefs for ultimate truth and how have imposed those beliefs on others, forgetting that others have their own paths to follow – not ours.

This same law also benefits those of us who tend to sabotage ourselves, who secretly doubt our own goodness or intentions, and who need a way to connect our life to a sense of deeper meaning.

The Law of Higher Will also generates a sense of connectedness for those of us who feel cut off and alone and find ourselves struggling against other egos for recognition or for the ‘good life”.

Saying and feeling “Thy will be done” is one way of applying the law of higher will.

Applying it however does not require the belief in an external God, nor is it attached to any particular dogma. To apply it in our own life, we have only to ask internally “if a wise, loving, compassionate, altruistic, all-knowing, spirit within me were guiding me now, what would I do in this situation?”

He goes on here to discuss tricks of the ego / mind to create separation etc

When you add this to faith, balance, responsibility etc it makes perfect sense of things that may not seem to make sense on their own – eg hitchhiking and accepting a lift at night with three men in a van on the side of long, lonely mountain range road, and being 'honestly' pissed off at the laughing 'god' who was sooooo perfect as to 'enable' the perfection to unfold.

or calmly, lightly taking a moment to not scare a deadly snake sitting on your foot ; )
It transmutes fear into all-powerful love, even if it feels counter to 'sense'. It's why the seriousness of "Thy will, not my will, be done" and being careful to understand what it is you are asking to stand under (experience deeply).

“if a wise, loving, compassionate, altruistic, all-knowing, spirit within me were guiding me now, what would I do in this situation?”

It also talks to understanding the intuitions we have that are absolutely right for us, but cannot be projected onto others – which requires co-operation, which requires understanding of the law of responsibility, and no judgment etc

Which then also brings in the Law of Intuition (this guy’s thought of everything dontchathink?.. okay I guess it’s not really original.. but… )
smiileyjen101

PreviousNext

Return to Law of Attraction