...and other natural laws

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Re: ...and other natural laws

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:29 pm

The true god in me is deeply touched.

Your expression of gratitude completes the circle, creating a bigger one through which 'the christ's breath flows' bigger, deeper, wider in love allowing the light to shine and resonate ~ beyond both of us ~ floodlighting.

See how it works? this wonder of creation.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Ohms' law - Connection to source

Postby hanss » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:51 pm

V=R*I where V=Voltage (measured in Volts)
R=resistance (measured in Ohms)
I=current (measured in Amps)

Lets say that R= Resistance to what is and I= Qi - the current of life

More resistance -> less current/free flow -> less light in and from the lamp.
Simple, uh?
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)
hanss

Postby karmarider » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:01 pm

hehe, nice Hanss.
karmarider

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:07 am

ah thank you for your electrical background hanss.

In looking at Ohm's law (and to be honest I was more looking to the link as in meditating... ohmmm ; ) but fascinatingly found this little cutie in wiki about Ohm's work -

Ohm's law was probably the most important of the early quantitative descriptions of the physics of electricity.

We consider it almost obvious today.

When Ohm first published his work, this was not the case; critics reacted to his treatment of the subject with hostility. They called his work a "web of naked fancies"[30] and the German Minister of Education proclaimed that "a professor who preached such heresies was unworthy to teach science."[31]

The prevailing scientific philosophy in Germany at the time asserted that experiments need not be performed to develop an understanding of nature because nature is so well ordered, and that scientific truths may be deduced through reasoning alone.

Which, in light of the discussion in the 'queue' sera sera thread, I find.. interesting.

Also that this 'understanding' led to greater understanding of 'magnetic fields', which may or may not have some mathmatical illumination with regards to the 'law' of attraction.

While I was fortunate to be raised with awareness of 'nature' at work (sorry kr I can't seem to get away from that word) it is interesting to see how others do put it to the test on paper or in 'experiments' and give it some clarity in other fields.

So again I'd say, no choice is wrong, it truly does just bring a different 'experience' of a thing.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby karmarider » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:38 am

smiileyjen101 wrote:While I was fortunate to be raised with awareness of 'nature' at work (sorry kr I can't seem to get away from that word) it is interesting to see how others do put it to the test on paper or in 'experiments' and give it some clarity in other fields.

So again I'd say, no choice is wrong, it truly does just bring a different 'experience' of a thing.

No choice is wrong. To navigate life in the relative world, people use conceptual frameworks. That may be culture, conditioning, science, "natural laws", religion, spirituality, particular definitions of success, superstition, karma, Sharia, dharma. History has shown some of these to be divisive and dangerous, but still not wrong. (Wrong only if one uses a conceptual framework of man-made morality). Some frameworks are more compassionate, inclusive. Some are more empowering than others.

So, yes, we are certainly free to search for "better" conceptual frameworks. People have been searching for "better" concepts for eons. This is a basic drive in the mind. There is a strong desire to find unified conceptual explanations. The mind of course loves this. These conceptual frameworks seem to be empowering, spiritual, just, with ideas of reward and punishment, and guide for conduct, a roadmap to a happy life. The is highly satisfying for the mind. It gives the mind an understanding of reality. It explains the past and future. It gives hope.

What can possibly be wrong with that?

Well, it's not wrong. But at the end of day, no matter how resonant a conceptual framework is, it is conceptual and dualistic.

The exploration of truth demands honesty. Attachment to particular views gets in the way of honest inquiry.
karmarider

Postby snowheight » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:25 pm

karmarider wrote:What can possibly be wrong with that?

To extend the metaphor, all that current can burn-out the filament with a sudden *pop* (..."only the good die young" ...) while a dim bulb gets you a smaller electric bill!

If only we could short-circuit ourselves to a power Source with no "+" and "-" ... then we'd be free of resistance without end!

smiileyjen101 wrote:in light of the discussion in the 'queue' sera sera thread, I find.. interesting.
(ok ok i fixed it ...)
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:22 am

What can possibly be wrong with that?

Well, it's not wrong. But at the end of day, no matter how resonant a conceptual framework is, it is conceptual and dualistic.

The exploration of truth demands honesty. Attachment to particular views gets in the way of honest inquiry.

What more do you need than experience of proof once considered from all sides and applied in a way that works?

As in when exploring, absolutely look at all sides and all experiences, but at some point surely you have to conclude that 'whatever' is happening has a cause and effect flow of energies and by becoming aware of those energies you can then move into the states of acceptance, enjoyment and enthusiasm in harmony with them...(?)

I don't know about you, but after I got over strengthening muscles, figuring out balance and letting them take over the action of walking, I stopped 'exploring' why I kept falling down, confident that unless there were other external forces at work my legs would usually be able to do this without me consciously having to think about it. These days I don't even hold onto trees and fences, my Mum's hand, and stuff when I'm walkng down the street. Although it did occur to me it would be a bit of a hoot to put my scuba weight belt on and do that.... as if gravity might fail me on the flat... just to see others' reactions :lol:

Similarly, I'm aware that thoughts and actions have resonance and provide opportunities for further experience swings - which may only be 'exploring', until such time as you 'notice' the energies at work and start to employ (or stop resisting) what 'is'.

Accepting the duality of conceptual existance, for me, is not only logical on a mind level, but resistance to it will bring the sort of wide swings of experience, rather than the deeper understanding of experiences.
smiileyjen101

Postby karmarider » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:02 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:Accepting the duality of conceptual existance, for me, is not only logical on a mind level, but resistance to it will bring the sort of wide swings of experience, rather than the deeper understanding of experiences.

You don't have to accept or resist. There are not only two choices.

When we're awakening, we want to bring the person along with us. We want the person to be wise, effective, better, balanced, compassionate, spiritual, and rest of it. And again, the mind says, well, what's wrong with that?

There isn't anything wrong with it. It's great.

It's not about taking a stand against what the person wants. That's really just the same thing--only the person can take a stand for or against.

It's the recognition that awakening is awakening from the person.

The person will of course want an effective conceptual framework. The person even wants to conceptualize awakening, with ossified theories and terminologies and scriptures and practice--the irony of this is heavier than a ten-ton anvil, but it's what the person wants. Which is fine, there is nothing wrong with it, because this too can be watched, allowed, recognized.
Last edited by karmarider on Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karmarider

Postby karmarider » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:10 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:What more do you need than experience of proof once considered from all sides and applied in a way that works?

hehe, it does seem to be unassailable, doesn't it?

For many years, I believed I was my thoughts and emotions. It was considered from all sides and applied in a way that works.

The people who strongly believe in their version of God say the same thing.

Maya is a self-confirming illusion.
karmarider

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:23 pm

...and outside of Maya?

When you experience oneness with the universe and dancing in energies?

from wiki - maya ...The goal of enlightenment is to understand this — more precisely, to experience this: to see intuitively that the distinction between the self and the Universe is a false dichotomy. The distinction between consciousness and physical matter, between mind and body (refer bodymind), is the result of an unenlightened perspective.
smiileyjen101

Postby karmarider » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:33 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:...and outside of Maya?

When you experience oneness with the universe and dancing in energies?

Then you don't need a how-to manual.
karmarider

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:44 pm

Touche!

It all falls into understanding.
smiileyjen101

Postby karmarider » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Well, we wrapped that up nicely.

What's next? :)
karmarider

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:51 pm

:lol: Don't know about you but sleep with a great big ball of light rising in the East, setting in the West and this wet stuff falling straight down!!
:shock:
smiileyjen101

Postby karmarider » Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:33 am

Sleep is a wonderful thing. And I'd like some of the wet stuff here in scorching Atlanta. It's all good.
karmarider

PreviousNext

Return to Law of Attraction