Reverse LoA

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

Reverse LoA

Postby runstrails » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:59 am

Are these instances of reverse LoA?
1) Last year--(fairly early in my awakening journey), I remember feeling 'blissed out' for a while. Everything was flowing so easily. I remember thinking to myself: This awakening stuff is fine when life is going well---but what if something really terrible happened--would I revert to my old conditioned ways to cope? Or would I act in a more awakened way? And then BOOM--one of the worst ordeals in my career occurred. What a humbling and dramatic lesson in accepting that was. I posted about my mental state here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8369.

2) I was reading Adya's book where he talks about being a competitive cyclist and how an injury sidelined him and stripped his athletic identity away. I remember thinking, what would I do if I could not trail-run anymore. I'm a fanatic trail runner. Its my only form of meditation and its brings true peace and joy. But a ton of my identity is attached to my being a 'trail runner' (hence my avatar). And sure enough, I fell about two weeks ago and now have a knee injury (which I am desperately hoping is minor) which has prevented me from running. This time around, I'm more mature (I think) and I'm accepting and allowing whatever the universe brings my way.

So was this reverse LoA--did I attract this bad stuff by thinking about it? Did I want it to happen subliminally so I could see what my reactions would be? or is it just random stuff that mind is trying to string together? Does LoA go both ways, do you attract what you want and what you don't really want (but think about anyway!). This is why I find the whole LoA stuff a little dangerous. It could possibly result in self blame and guilt.

But I prefer to think of these episodes as the universe sending me growth opportunities :D. Then again, it could all just be randomly occurring. And that feels much more natural and OK to me than reverse LoA :wink:
runstrails

Re: Reverse LoA

Postby hanss » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:20 pm

Hmmm.... this is not how I see loa. No reverse. But maybe I misunderstand. You get what you are vibrating, good, bad, soft, strange, high and low. What you are vibrating depends on what you think, experience, focus on and most important how you feel about a specific issue and in general. I probably never get rid of my ex :shock:
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)
hanss

Re: Reverse LoA

Postby snowheight » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:43 pm

There is this woman. She is identified and attached to the practice of running.

She will have hope about rehabilitation.

This might work out for her. There is a guy typing here who hopes that it does.

But she knows better about this hope.

In a way, this just makes things worse for her. What she knows is evaluated and rejected as defeatist, nihilistic, useless -- COUNTERPRODUCTIVE even!

This is because what she knows can be seen only in shadow by the one who hopes.

This is as it is. Watch it. Listen to it. Feel it.

Just know that there is no owning it.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Return to Law of Attraction