Yoooo people. Young kid calling out

Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.
Dohjo

Yoooo people. Young kid calling out

Post by Dohjo » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:45 pm

Soo I wanted to drop in and say hallow.

My name is Daniel, but u can call me Daniel. I'm 18 and from Denmark. I'm currently in the last year of high school and it's a really great experience. Met many nice people in my class. Maybe some who'll be friends for life, who knows? I've began getting into this through various internet fora and I realized that it might be the thing i need in order to be more happy. I've always doubted a lot about anything really, but mainly my friends. What do other people think of me, am I good enough, whats gonna happen tomorrow? I can't say I'm an un-happy person. I just go into states which are very unhappy doubtful at times. I'm here because I want to live in peace and not being clocked up in my mind all the time. It's nice to be able to discuss with like minded people

Daniel

xkatex

Re: Yoooo people. Young kid calling out

Post by xkatex » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:05 pm

Nice to see a younger person on the forum. I'm seventeen from England, and the forum is the only place I can talk to like-minded people. I think you'll find it a great help, as I have.

Blessings :-)

smiileyjen101

Post by smiileyjen101 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:05 am

I think it's great that the younger folks are finding this pathway, welcome Daniel.

Wonder how you'd feel wandering with your classmates knowing that none of these 'worries' are real in this moment?
What do other people think of me, am I good enough, whats gonna happen tomorrow?
They're either a) none of your business, and say less about you than it does about where others' minds go :wink:
b) absolutely untrue every living organism is precious and 'enough'
or c) irrelevant to BEING right here, right now and putting joy into that.

Glad to see you appreciate your friends and your opportunities to share knowedge in school and here - stay with this - the attitude of gratitude is a mighty joy-filled wonderful 'place' to BE.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com

Dohjo

Post by Dohjo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:23 pm

Thanks guys!

When it happens that I'm afraid of people not liking I'm just trying to let go of the thinking. I've become pretty good to enjoy life even in lesser "fun" times. At least I'm better than I've been before. I also know that my fears are compulsive and 90 % of time completely stupid and unnecessary. I'm glad I've found this forum and this philosophy about life. Many people could learn from it!

hanss

Post by hanss » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:18 pm

Yooo. This non-duality path is not always filled with happiness and peace. Maybe in the end but the way can be long, bumpy and curvy. Unhappy doubtful states are very common, the very thing that you want to avoid... Fear too. It is differerent for every individual but the "truth" can be brutal.
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)

Dohjo

Post by Dohjo » Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks guys! I know the road can be bumpy, but I'm trying to enjoy every moment of it. It's nice to have found this forum and I'm sure many people could learn from it :)