Delete all board cookies

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.

Delete all board cookies

Postby magicbutterfly » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:13 am

What does that mean? My computer is running very slowly - will that help? Thanks!
"As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease." Ekhart Tolle, The Power of Now
magicbutterfly

Re: Delete all board cookies

Postby erict » Wed Dec 21, 2011 2:29 pm

This will not help your computer run any faster. Does it run slowly only on this site?
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Postby magicbutterfly » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:17 pm

No, it runs fine - I've been on some that are very cumbersome and slow. But my computer is old and slow, so I am looking for anything to speed it up and I've never seen the delete all board cookies note before. What does it do if I click on it? Does it delete my profile?
"As soon as you honor the present moment, all unhappiness and struggle dissolve, and life begins to flow with joy and ease." Ekhart Tolle, The Power of Now
magicbutterfly

Postby erict » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:37 pm

The cookies are small files that various sites leave on your computer to identify you in the future. That is how a site knows that its you when you revisit it from the same computer. I don't see how deleting them could speed up anything though.

Perhaps browsing with Google Chrome, with Adblock add-on installed might help a bit.
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Return to Support and Technical Questions