Asking me to login, losing information

If you have technical difficulties with the forum, or maybe suggestions or complaints, this is the place. At this stage, it is very important to get a lot of feedback from you the users.

Asking me to login, losing information

Postby Learner » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:07 pm

I just wrote a pretty large post and then when I clicked submit, the forum asked me to login and then I lost everything. This has happened a couple of times and when I write something several paragraphs, it's very hard to reproduce exactly and is very frustrating. Is there anything I can do to get that text back? I feel horrible right now.
Learner

Re: Asking me to login, losing information

Postby heidi » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:23 am

That's how we learn the hard way to copy long posts in case of that eventuality - or write in a text doc and paste it in. Doubt there's any way to retrieve it.
Sorry. :(
Heidi
http://www.heidimayo.com
wonderment on the third wave
heidi

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:01 am

I have found that when it won't let me post when I hit submit, if I hit my back arrow it brings me back to the reply screen complete with all the data. Do it before going to another screen though. Try this and before submitting again so a 'select all' and hit copy so it stays available to re-post, or paste it somewhere else just in case as Heidi suggested. Probably won't be necessary as the second submit usually works.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby erict » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:39 am

I'm assuming you weren't using Firefox. In Firefox, when you go back to the previous page, the text you've written is still there. It's time to abandon Internet Explorer. :)
"Be sincere; don't ask questions out of mere interest. Ask dangerous questions—the ones whose answers could change your life."
erict
Site-Admin
Site-Admin

Return to Support and Technical Questions