Crossroad Philosophy

Here you may share how the words Eckhart Tolle have affected your life.
hanss

Crossroad Philosophy

Post by hanss » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:41 am

First, Little Me is assuming there is a free will in this philosophy. The philosophy (today...)...is... there are now two ways to go for me.
Road 1. Seeking, practice, spiritual understanding and knowledge. Which is some kind of personal development of Little me and individual consciousness/awareness. Nice. Interesting. More peace, space and happiness. Good. But, I have been listening to Pema Chodron a couple of days now. She is good. Methods so stay with unwanted energies and so on. So this is nothing against her. Yesterday I listened to a recorded retreat and suddenly I felt very tired. Tired of all the talk. Thoughts came, that this is personal development and will go on forever. A waste of time. On and on. Improve this and that. More space, less fear, more love and kindness, bla bla. Meaningless. Endless. Tired. I also felt that most of it, including my own practice/development is avoidance. Some search for thruth that is not really a search for thruth. I was reminded of some words in this forum and a person IRL, about self-honesty. Which leads to option and road number two.
Road 2. To sit down and drop everything. Be quiet, not follow a single thought or feeling, accept everything that is coming or happening without touching it. To sit (walk or whatever) like this until hell freezes over. No excuses or avoidance. A willingness to let go of everything. How I view the world, family, friends. To be willing to be poor, confused, unhappy or get stuck in no man's land for 10 years. A willingness to be nothing. A willingness to let this body serve the truth whatever that might be. Now, something is starting to happen in the body. Butterflies in the belly. Energies are moving. It is starting to get real. To the core. No more understanding. No more BS. Not another Satsang or cozy peaceful meditation. The question "Who am I?" does not cause the butterflies to fly in the belly. It is searching for a new identity. To have an idenity as the real Self, to be God. Yummy, I want to be God, I want to experience oneness.. Little Me wants that.... A more powerful question for this kind of practice (for me) if I choose road two, would be "Am I willing to die?", or "Am I willing to not exist, really?" Now it is getting closer.

Anything between these roads is not a road and not honest. Just a place for rest and avoidance for little chicken shit me. So, what choice? What road? Not now, I must do the dishes and feed the birds. Maybe later I will choose 8)
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)

runstrails

Re: Crossroad Philosophy

Post by runstrails » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:22 pm

I don't think there is much of a choice. We all get to the point where all the spiritual talk becomes meaningless and frankly boring.
Be still, abide in your true nature, align with Source, however you want to call it. At this point, "Choice" 2 is the way to move forward. Of course, from time to time you may read a enjoy good book or listen to a satsang--not to discover anything new or seek---but simply to enjoy it. Congratulations on ending your seeking :D.

snowheight

Post by snowheight » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:24 pm

Road #2
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.

hanss

Post by hanss » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:18 am

Thank you. It seems like this questioning/reasoning opened up a third road, to hell. :(
"In today's rush we all think too much, seek too much, want too much and forget about the joy of just Being."
(Eckhart Tolle)

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:29 pm

Is this the road of doubt, Hanns?
If so, that's par for the course, for a while. Then it falls away too. Hang in there.

Natalie

Post by Natalie » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:14 pm

Definetly road # 2 hanss. You’ll notice spurts of apathy for all things spiritual, including this forum, and spurts of pure joy infused into every little detail of your days. I still struggle with attachment to the latter, but it’s all good. Enjoy the ride and congratulations on your doubts about the merits of seeking.

What a wonderful thing to see other express our experiences using their own words. Thanks for that my friend.

Natalie

Blenderhead

Post by Blenderhead » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:14 pm

Why not pick the road between the two :) The middle way :wink:

Gentle effort.