New non-duality forum - Bentinho Massaro

Post links to sites, web pages, videos, etc.
Forum rules
No links to copyrighted materials.

New non-duality forum - Bentinho Massaro

Postby Natalie » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:39 am

Bentinho is a very gifted individual. His facebook posts have shown me that he is the real thing. He is very cute and young….but worth the time to check him out. Below, it’s the link to his brand new forum.

http://www.free-awareness.com/forum/

Enjoy

Natalie
Natalie

Re: New non-duality forum - Bentinho Massaro

Postby smiileyjen101 » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:03 am

looked at the website thanks for the link Natalie.
Pretty simple isn't it :)
from the website:
Ever since my allegiance shifted from 'thinking' and 'other teachers' towards trusting in this intuitive sense of natural presence, that simple and always already present awareness has become more and more obvious in this experience.

This natural presence reveals the unity beyond all ideas and concepts and there is nothing that ever affects it. It's completely stable, ever-present and unchanging awareness. Yet it is not 'out of this world' or 'detached' in any way. In fact, it allows us to be completely engaged in life, for the first time really, without fear for our thoughts and emotions or those of others. There is a loving freedom present in and as every experience, without exception.

Experiences come and go, but they all come and go within that which is effortlessly aware of them. When this awareness becomes obvious to us, than not only is it discovered to be unaffected by whatever appears within awareness, but the unity of experiences and awareness is gradually (or suddenly) revealed.

This then neutralizes the power that experiences seemed to have over us, and there arises a natural freedom, love, wisdom and joy in the midst of every experience.

Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby Webwanderer » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:17 pm

Quite the presence for someone so young. A generation of this and the world is changed.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Natalie » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:40 am

Ditto WW.

I am stupefied by the following quote from Betinho Massaro:

“Spirituality is a great companion of awakening. However, their effect is not the same when it comes to ending suffering. I have a preference for suggesting to care less about spirituality and more about awakening first. Ideally, you drop interest in both of them and simply commit to relaxing all ideas into the openness of awareness which already pervades this moment... Again and again until you're certain of freedom. Spirituality will follow naturally but without seeking identity in it. ~ Bentinho Massaro”

This is gold…. This statement resonates with me at a very very deep level. I ceased my quest for spirituality a few months ago…………I started to observe my thoughts daily. It became a habit, a natural response. A thought would pop up , generally a fear based thought, and there was a natural response to question it, it would then get effortlessly dismissed. I somehow realized that this was the way for me, that I didn’t need books or forums or gurus. A simple but consistent observation of my thoughts, somehow turned into an automatic process that shielded me against all kinds of thought based wild emotions and mental commentaries. I thought I had ‘made it’ safely to the other shore.

Then my cat died……………….. some of you know that story.

I still believe that it takes strict discipline to develop a habit to observe your thoughts. At the beginning of this practice, not much will happen, but once the habit is settled and continued……something wonderful happens…..a shift in perspective. Once this shift takes place, there is no turning back………..life stops affecting you in a way that you never thought possible. You may go through a period of poor empathy or no empathy, but eventually you will find yourself in this state of exquisite but ‘controlled ‘ joy, where barbecuing hamburgers for your kid and friends turns into a spiritual experience, a quiet spiritual experience……….no bells or whistles, just a feeling of wholeness that’s too great to ignore………until your little minds starts saying “no, this isn’t it, this is too simple, enlightenment has to be better than this, way better”…….but ‘you’ know better than that….you know that enlightenment is just that……the lack of bell or whistles, the absolute lack of everything…………

In gratitude,

Natalie
Natalie

Postby kiki » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:07 am

Nice post, Natalie. Sounds like you've come a long way.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby snowheight » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:22 am

Thanks Natalie.

Enjoy the ride in those mountains!
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby runstrails » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:28 pm

Nice post, Nat and great pic too!
Kiki, good to 'see' you as well.
runstrails

Postby Jenna » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:02 am

Here is a very awake, wise being -- Matt Kahn. As real as it gets with a huge heart. He transmits a healing energy through his words and eyes when he talks. I've never met another teacher with such integrity and compassion. Would love to see him and Eckhart do a DVD! Or Eckhart TV :0)
web: http://truedivinenature.com/ videos: http://www.youtube.com/juliemuse
Jenna

Postby alfredalfred » Mon May 09, 2016 8:54 am

I somehow realized that this was the way for me, that I didn’t need books or forums or gurus. A simple but consistent observation of my thoughts, somehow turned into an automatic process that shielded me against all kinds of thought based wild emotions and mental commentaries. I thought I had ‘made it’ safely to the other shore???
alfredalfred

Postby alfredalfred » Thu May 26, 2016 8:12 am

I somehow realized that this was the way for me, that I didn’t need books or forums or gurus. A simple but consistent observation of my thoughts, somehow turned into an automatic process that shielded me against all kinds of thought based wild emotions and mental commentaries. I thought I had ‘made it’ safely to the other shore???

=== http://www.chess-rivals.com/ ===
alfredalfred

Postby anonymousUser » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:47 pm

Bentinho Massaro wrote:To further clarify and illustrate the point that nothing contains inherent meaning, imagine you were raised on a different planet, with entirely different values and meanings. You are visiting Earth for a few weeks.

On your planet—where you were originally brought up—car crashes are worshipped as the bravest, most honorable way to pass on to the afterlife.

No one on your home planet believes death is real. They see physical life as a temporary game taking place inside of their consciousness, and they can choose to play with it for a while. But your civilization knows that Consciousness cannot die; it can only change the way it experiences itself.

Nothing is lost upon the death of the body. This is their conviction. This is their understanding. This is their truth, their context.

Everyone on this planet lives for that perfect moment in which they can choose to die in a spectacular car crash. Any time a spectacular car crash happens, those who witness it cheer and are super happy for those who decided to free themselves from the limitations of the physical body, by way of a spectacular vehicular crash.

Books are written about the most spectacular car crashes in the history of that civilization, and the beings who were involved. From an early age, kids learn to idolize these beings as heroes.
Lol :lol:
anonymousUser

Postby anonymousUser » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:50 pm

Bentinho Massaro wrote:Make a list of the primary things, or situations, that you feel you—or a portion of you—identifies with. This list can be as long as needed; allow these items to organically come up in you and write them down.

An item on this list can be anything—from the body, to a starving African child, to the potential of a zombie invasion.
:lol:
anonymousUser

Return to Recommended Links