More Validation For LoA From NDE

Manifesting your reality or the Law of Attraction

More Validation For LoA From NDE

Postby Webwanderer » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:41 pm

http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accoun ... lding.html

The Above link is to an NDE that mirrors the teachings of Abraham-Hicks' Law of Attraction. Unrelated sources pointing to the same basic function of being. Below is a couple of quotes from the account.

"As to what this is all about, you are in a physical body to learn to care about others, and to acquire knowledge. That is the sum totality of physical life.” I said, “I saw that many of my thoughts became actual physical things. How is this possible?” They said, “Thoughts ARE things. What you image with emotion is what we must give you in order for you to learn to become us. When you learn to generate a stable image, coupled with firm emotion, we are bound to bring it into being. But remember, there are issues to having this thing.” I said, “Such as?” They replied “Such as, do you have the means to support keeping the item now that you have it? Do you actually, truly want it now that you have it? For example, you cannot image intangible things. Can you image acceptance, or can you only feel it? Can you image love, or can you only experience it?"

"Here is all you have to remember. What you think with emotion is what you will get. It doesn’t matter the thought or the emotion. If the thought is beneficial, and the emotion is non-beneficial, the results will be scattered, but you will get it. If the thought is beneficial, and the emotion is beneficial, you will get it. If the thought is non-beneficial, and the emotion is non-beneficial, you will get it. Again, what you think with emotion is what you get."

There is more in the full account and is worth the short read. Enjoy.

WW
Webwanderer

Re: More Validation For LoA From NDE

Postby Donna » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:58 pm

Webwanderer wrote:http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts/571-childing.html

..."Here is all you have to remember. What you think with emotion is what you will get. .../quote]

WW

Yes, it was an interesting read. Thanks!

But statements like I quoted above really bug me. No one can say for sure, that's how it is for everyone. I can come up with a myriad of examples where I thought with emotion and the outcome was entirely different.

All living things (that I'm aware of) experience:

birth ----> breath (and all other basic survival functions) ----> death

Everything else (thoughts, emotions, etc) is purely a creative process.

HOWEVER, if one has "ah ha!" moments while reading other accounts, then maybe a shared truth or a spiritual connection is happening for them. Sharing our experiences (and thoughts) with each other can be a real blessing.

I just feels like "Here is all you have to remember" has ego stamped all over it, which sadly takes away from the story. If the author would have ended with just his remembering of the account (maybe HIS lesson was that his thoughts and emotion create his reality) and let the reader decide or draw from the story, I feel it would be a much more powerful story. This seems to be the issue with many spiritual accounts.
~*~*~*~* I love to live and live to love. *~*~*~*~
Donna

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:39 am

I understand the hesitancy and the reaction to 'word - use' Donna. I try to always remember to add - for me, in my experience etc etc to qualify these things as being in my understanding by experience, thus far.

Donna said: No one can say for sure, that's how it is for everyone. I can come up with a myriad of examples where I thought with emotion and the outcome was entirely different.

So, with all the qualifiers above, It's not as easy as conjuring thing up, nor seeing the results immediately. Sometimes so many things have to come in to play, others be willing to play their part, and in a strange sense it's not even personal.

For me etc etc whether we are aware of it or not the energy of thoughts and more so thoughts with emotion generate energy that 'signals' to like and compatible energy. The thing is we often 'know not what we ask' when we do it. For example, if the asking is about gaining something, but the emotion is about the lack of it, then it's the lack that we will
come to experience more until such time as we 'understand' that our lives are not dependent upon things or those outside of ourselves. If our asking is in fear we will be brought the opportunity to face, go through the fear until such time as we realise this also does not define us and set it aside.

Some things are still in motion, and I find at times its unwillingness on my part to accept the reality rather than the expectation.

It's not even so much that the outcome was/is different for what was (in emotion) expressed but noticing what exactly and in what state it was expressed, rather than creating enemy, obstacle, means to an end of a thing.

I admit these days I am both aware of empathic links that allow us to share the experiences of others - whilst absolutely recognising that the reality is not mine to judge, or have the response ability for, and I recognised things in motion - some which make no sense in the moment but will in the fullness of time.

If you can recognise the 'AHA moments' in the stories of others it's because you've set aside your judging & expectations and accepted it for the reality of it. I find at times it's harder to do that in our own experiences - to get out of our own way.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:54 am

Thanks for the link this bit is ... yum...
It seemed that every thought, emotion, action, and word that I ever had up to then was embedded in those “images.” I could see connections between a thought over here, and way over there--a long time later, a repercussion! I could see words there and right over here. I could see repercussions. Boy, could I see repercussions. Also, I experienced every one of those situations all over again. Now you must understand, this was all going on simultaneously. Here, our brain can only hold one conscious thought at a time, and we seem to feel only one emotion at a time.

I saw that many of my thoughts created real hard, tangible, and physical things. Many of the things I had done, thought, emoted, acted, with absolutely no idea of any repercussions, where pointed out as rather drastic errors of judgment. Not bad, just errors. Other things were pointed out to be extremely beneficial to me and to others. Things I thought would get me on the greased slide to the hot spot down below were treated with a rather vast, gentle amusement. It seemed to take forever, and was over in a moment.

I think this learning in the light is the bit that changes you, maybe sets you apart a little even though you come back to the fullness of separate(physical) self and urges of ego. I've learned that sometimes I will learn (of) the repercussions while still here, even if it is decades later as it has been with some of the more 'important' ones, others I kind of 'notch up' to review when back in the light, knowing that it is already 'over' even if I don't know how yet.

That ^ might be explained if say you turn on a tap linked to a hose you can see the water flowing out the other end. Some things are as if the hose is huge and disappears out of your view and your knowing. But somehow you 'know' when the water is still, or has stopped flowing. It used to bug me if I couldn't find out 'what happened', and now sometimes I don't even want to know in this life.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby Donna » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:06 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:I understand the hesitancy and the reaction to 'word - use' Donna. I try to always remember to add - for me, in my experience etc etc to qualify these things as being in my understanding by experience, thus far.

Yes, I suppose I was being a bit picky (judgemental) over the word usage. Thanks for pointing out, Jen. :)

Regarding this Law of Attraction discussion...I watch my own patterns, the weaving in and out of information...life revealing itself to me. As far as adhering or repulsing away from an idea (perhaps a different spin on Law of Attraction?)....who knows really what is happening? Similar to the very basic protons and electrons being positive or negative, either attracted and moving away from each other. It's not a judgement at that point (of why I'm not attracted to the Law of Attraction..haha).

People can explain until they are blue in the face their belief in the Law of Attraction, but it just does not 'stick' with me for whatever reason. And I truly think this goes back to finding our own answers within ourselves instead of constantly relying on outside sources. True, outside sources can initiate a process of some self-realization, but the outside source's idea may not be everyone's 'truth'.

HOWEVER, I do believe in positive and negative energy surrounding us has some impact, yet I cannot explain this. (is this what you are talking about, Jen? Is this your form of Law of Attraction? I really did not understand what you were trying to point out). Also, the mind is very powerful over how the body is maintained. If we negatively feed our subconscious ill thoughts about our body, we just may produce that illness in our body (depends on how much the subconscious is fed these thoughts). On the flip side, I have experienced healing by feeding my mind and subconscious(?) with a positive, willful thoughts.

I feel like I've strayed a bit off topic of original post regarding LoA and NDE. oops?
~*~*~*~* I love to live and live to love. *~*~*~*~
Donna

Postby Webwanderer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:56 pm

Donna wrote:I feel like I've strayed a bit off topic of original post regarding LoA and NDE. oops?

Not so much. Curiously, though you seem to reject LoA, you cite instances where you feel it was effective in your healing.

People can explain until they are blue in the face their belief in the Law of Attraction, but it just does not 'stick' with me for whatever reason. And I truly think this goes back to finding our own answers within ourselves instead of constantly relying on outside sources. True, outside sources can initiate a process of some self-realization, but the outside source's idea may not be everyone's 'truth'.

I've been on both sides of this issue. Originally, before I had much understanding of it, I rather accepted it on faith and youthful enthusiasm. After a time, I kind of gave up on it because I didn't see much resulting from my or others efforts at affirmation and the like. Now, many years later, after avoiding the new and improved version known as the Secret, a friend suggested I give Abraham-Hicks an honest look. I did, and my life experience has since improved dramatically.

My take on the Abraham teachings is that it is not a reliance on anything external or outside sources. Rather it is a teaching on how to effect one's experience in life through an active and experiential alignment with Source. Abraham refers to alignment with Source as 'being in the Vortex'. Now if you will recall the sweet and joyful feelings in moments of your own connection with Source energy, or alignment, you will have a better sense of what Abraham's teachings offer. Abraham is not suggesting you follow anything external. To the contrary, the primary message is get into your own direct alignment with Source, the Vortex. The bulk of the teachings that stem from this basic message is how to recognize our own feeling nature and its unequaled significance in leading us back to this alignment. To this, Abraham has much to say - and it is inspiring indeed.

Where LoA comes in is that Source energy flows in such a way as to be creative in whatever focus of attention one might hold. Source energy makes no distinction in what unfolds. As conscious extensions of Source, and perceivers of unfolding conditions, it is our purview to make what we will of our experience.

It's as simple as this. Source energy flows through focus of attention - conscious or unconscious. Our structured belief systems are often unconscious lenses through which we view life, and until the underlying beliefs are changed, conscious affirmations and focus on specific desires are likely to be ineffective. This is why most people who reject LoA do so. After a few misunderstood attempts at effecting positive change that does not produce the desired results, they simply say it doesn't work and continue on with life as it has been - often becoming detractors of the very principles that would bring them peace and happiness.

However, Abraham teaches how to affect our underlying belief systems, how to replace them with a chosen focus that automatically brings greater clarity and happiness into our lives, and to make the human experience the joy it is intended to be.

the outside source's idea may not be everyone's 'truth'.

For the most part, what passes as 'truth' is based in one's belief system. Truth, that is philosophical/spiritual truth, is always an internal perspective. Most of what we perceive as truth had external assistance however. Maybe it came from a book, a parent, a teacher or some powerful life experience. Based on how we felt/feared/loved this external input, we assigned (consciously or unconsciously) a truth value to. The stronger the truth value, the more it became a measure to which additional input was compared.

I mention this merely to suggest that our deeply held truths should not be exempt from considered review. On the contrary, our truths should be held to the most rigorous review we can offer. If they are indeed true, they will only be strengthened by fair and honest review. If they are incomplete, or even erroneous, we owe it to ourselves to discover the misperception and allow greater clarity to replace it.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:37 am

HOWEVER, I do believe in positive and negative energy surrounding us has some impact, yet I cannot explain this. (is this what you are talking about, Jen? Is this your form of Law of Attraction? I really did not understand what you were trying to point out).

For me it's a realisation more that we are also made up of these same energies and we influence and build WITH each other eternally, and they don't just flow around us, but also in and within us, through and of us (and everything). The energies are everything, forming, storming, norming (just like group dynamics) but eternally changing 'form'. We are not as solid as we think we are, although we are more dense than some other 'forms' in motion, and less dense than others.

If you take one minute and become absolutely conscious of the gazillion expressions of energy at different calibrations just within one minute, just within your own body (lungs inflating and deflating, heart pumping blood, nerves signalling, muscles contracting and relaxing, expression of excess gas/wind, cells multiplying, etc etc etc - and what most don't realise that whether conscious or not it all is with purpose and with consequence or repercussion as the guy in the nde report uses.

Having done this (and I guess it's part of ET's go within, feel the inner body) then turn to your thoughts and realise - recognise, become conscious that they too are expressions of energy at different calibrations of energy in the absolute love (oneness recognition) to fear (separateness) range of expressions. These are also eternally changing energies feeding into, through us, and everything else and attract at the same calibration of energy - clumping together and forming the repercussions as he uses, 'consequences' as I might use. As I think about it repercussion is probably less emotive.

When we meditate and come to calmness we recognise that we can align with that energy and yes we can use that energy in fear or in love, just as we can any of the energy levels. In energy (spiritual) healing it is the coming into balance with the energies and directing them that influences the area out of balance that creates the 'healing'.

Some recognise this (whether consciously or unconsciously) and learn to harness and adopt various energies - calm or passionate with the same peacefulness of balance and harmony. Being 'in tune', 'at one' etc with 'what is', or 'resisting' etc it' all about energy flow and use.

As you understand it with physical healing, try to also apply it to your thoughts and expressions with feelings. The result, repercussion, consequences are the same. Attracting like energy to the ones in motion and directing it, whether we are conscious of it or not.

The thing with the guy's certainty - that gets me misunderstood at times too. But if you've learned to read the energies and recognise the path and interactions that will feed from and into them, there does become an absoluteness to them. For me I can liken it to music - once you know absolutely what a C chord sounds like, then you absolutely know if what you are hearing (or singing, or playing) is a C chord or a D, or E etc etc The nde experience heightens this awareness of energy to the degree that not only do you recognise the C chord, but you also are intimately aware of the notes that make up the C chord, and the 'consequent or repercussion resonance of different instruments - both group as in a C chord played on guitar as opposed to piano, and going down layers of repercussion to what sort of strings or materials the instrument is employing, even to brands and makers whose contributing energies - love and attention influence the calibre of the notes. My senses are so honed I can pick up that a piano used for recording a song in one decade is the exact same one being played - by a different player - 3 decades later in a soundtrack at the end of a movie (and yes, it freaks me out sometimes when I 'notice'. It might sound absurd to someone when I suddenly go - oh, that's the same piano... etc etc etc but I've 'tested' myself enough times now and confirmed this 'intuition' to trust it.

So it is with resonant energies of thoughts and feelings, although the 'repercussions' may take some time (here) to unfold.

In the light where everything is NOW you absolutely KNOW because its instant and so clear with the absence of the distortion of 'time' and you see it as if it is instantaneous between releasing the thought/emotion/reaction or action and the fruition of the consequences/repercussions. The life review is just this.

Returning to physical/form life with this knowledge, it's like what is in the light is real and instantaneous and so therefore no action/choice is wrong and you can see the multitudes of energies that 'attracted' to each other in order to emerge as the result, whereas here it's slowed down to the inth degree. Add to that the blockages, resistances, denials of the energy as we 'judge' incorrectly through fear brought about by our separation in physical form.
smiileyjen101

Postby snowheight » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:28 am

Webwanderer wrote:I've been on both sides of this issue. Originally, before I had much understanding of it, I rather accepted it on faith and youthful enthusiasm. After a time, I kind of gave up on it because I didn't see much resulting from my or others efforts at affirmation and the like. Now, many years later, after avoiding the new and improved version known as the Secret, a friend suggested I give Abraham-Hicks an honest look. I did, and my life experience has since improved dramatically.

From reading your stuff you seem a creative guy WW. Have you ever considered the idea of coining a new name for LOA to compensate for the damage done by The Secret? Perhaps a daunting possibility I know, but sometimes it seems like you're shouting into the wind at people for the lone simple fact that so many have apparently made this association.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby smiileyjen101 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:52 am

Now you've made me go look at Abraham Hicks... even though this was in a quote about money, I'd apply it to all things.

I’m a Vibrational Being in a Vibrational Universe…

You live in a pulsating, vibrating Universe of advanced harmonics. Everything that exists, in your air, in your dirt, in your water, and in your bodies, is vibration in motion—and all of it is managed by the powerful Law of Attraction. There is nothing that exists outside of this vibrational nature, and as you learn to accept your vibrational nature, and begin to consciously utilize your emotional vibrational indicators, you will gain conscious control of your personal creations and of the outcomes of your life experience.
Excerpt 3/31/09 http://www.abraham-hicks.com/lawofattra ... /index.php

I'd have to qualify here - notice he said - you will gain conscious control of your personal creations and of the outcomes of your life experience. - not all of the experience - but the OUTCOMES (consequences / repercussions) the actual life experiences you are experiencing are in shared energy space (as in it's not ALL about YOU) it all comes together, it synchronises with like energies in motion.

I really like these two as well...
Enlightenment means literally aligning to the Energy of my Source.

And genius is only about focusing. Law of Attraction takes care of everything else. Physical humans often want to make enlightenment about finding some process and moving through the process that has been pre-described. But true enlightenment is moving to the rhythm of the internal inspiration that is coming in response to the individual desire. Enlightenment is about allowing my Connection to the Source that is me for the fulfillment of the things that I have individually defined here in my time-space-reality. That's as good as it gets! --- Abraham
Excerpted from the workshop in Boulder, CO on Saturday, June 7th, 2003

We are all Vibrational Beings. You're like a receiving mechanism that when you set your tuner to the station, you're going to hear what's playing. Whatever you are focused upon is the way you set your tuner, and when you focus there for as little as 17 seconds, you activate that vibration within you. Once you activate a vibration within you, Law of Attraction begins responding to that vibration, and you're off and running--whether it's something wanted or unwanted --- Abraham
Excerpted from the workshop in North Los Angeles, CA on Sunday, August 18th, 2002

What's to doubt Donna?
smiileyjen101

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:20 pm

snowheight wrote:From reading your stuff you seem a creative guy WW. Have you ever considered the idea of coining a new name for LOA to compensate for the damage done by The Secret? Perhaps a daunting possibility I know, but sometimes it seems like you're shouting into the wind at people for the lone simple fact that so many have apparently made this association.

Interesting you should suggest such a thing snow. While changing the the identifier 'Law of Attraction' is likely far beyond any influence I may offer, it seems that Abraham sees it your way to an extent. Over time Abraham has morphed LoA into 'Art of Allowing' and a couple other like titles that don't have the same resistance barrier to overcome. In the same way Abraham (like many of us on this forum) do not use the term 'God' because it brings up far too many conditioned perspectives. So it seems useful to break new ground where possible.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby Webwanderer » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:43 pm

Enlightenment means literally aligning to the Energy of my Source.

Jen, thanks a bunch for this quote. As you know, there has been a long and confused debate/discussion on this forum over what enlightenment is. This quote really hits home.

En(In)-Lighten seems to point directly at alignment with Source/Light and seems to cover a wide range of sentiments and speculations. Whenever the effect of alignment becomes evident through insight and enhanced clarity, enlightenment is the experience. But there is considerable potential variance and depth to alignment (infinite?) depending on the state of the individualized consciousness so aligning. What it is not is the effect of whatever actual knowledge is gained, but rather it's the alignment itself that is the actualization of a condition of enlightenment.

For instance, awakening to an understanding that 'I am not what I think I am' is not necessarily enlightenment. Rather, it is the alignment with Source itself through which that realization flowed. It is this alignment/connection that creates the conduit through which realization flows into human consciousness, and active Source Energy is an essential component for enlightenment regardless of its individualized expression.

Hmm, seems I've gone off on a bit of a tangent here. Anyway, thanks again for the quote. It brought me a little clarity on the subject.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby snowheight » Thu Mar 29, 2012 10:21 pm

Webwanderer wrote: Over time Abraham has morphed LoA into 'Art of Allowing' and a couple other like titles that don't have the same resistance barrier to overcome.

It seems to me that there's a counter-intuitive dichotomy here. If the ear you have is an open perspective, then using the old label might undo some of the Secret, whereas if the goal of a given voice is to get through to someone closed, then perhaps using an alternative shorthand might help. I know that I'm glad that I listened to you beyond my initial reaction to LoA. I don't see some explicit conceptual resolution between, say Advaita, and LoA, and as I'm sure you're aware, I'm beyond fine with that. :) Thanks again, btw.
Stop talking. Hear every sound as background. Look straight ahead and focus. Take one deep breath. This is you. This is Now.
snowheight

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:39 am

Enlightenment means literally aligning to the Energy of my Source. Abraham Hicks

ww said: Jen, thanks a bunch for this quote. As you know, there has been a long and confused debate/discussion on this forum over what enlightenment is. This quote really hits home.

I don't think you're off topic at all webby (but then the universe is a BIG place lol!)
In linking the OP about nde, through Abraham's notion & lining it up with ET's musings, in my own experience in the unmanifested through the portal of love.. (light/nde) - wherever I 'thought', wherever my attention flowed there I was in, of, flowing through, experiencing in clarity without fear or judging - be it past/present/future, in the light, in the room/s or hallways below in the physical plane, in the hearts and minds of others and even in the energy flows of attention of those not in physical body (as in my son's paternal grandmother) the 'links' are not things we create, but things we access by our willingness to be, to let go, to flow in the energy of source. The en-light-ening is total, on all levels.

By aligning energies with source there is a physical lightness of being and we also become lighter in density having raised the vibration of our energy. It's actually a lot of fun too.

ET speaks of this (as we discussed in the NDE, clair abilities, and synchronicity thread) as occurring when we link into/allow connection with the love energy inherent in and available to us all if without resistance to 'what is', through portals into the unmanifested.

Even in the light, the energy still flows and clumps in like vibrationary rates. The speed with which this alignment can happen is amazing even here in this density. Maybe it happens so quickly some folks 'miss it', or rather 'dismiss' it.
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:20 pm

Webby I noticed you didn't participate in the 'and other laws' topic. (How) does it fit with the Abraham's stuff?
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=9381
smiileyjen101

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:37 pm

From wandering around the Mooji jokes in the 'fraud' thread - but more relevant for me in here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S3WvaHjJ ... re=related
smiileyjen101

Next

Return to Law of Attraction