Awakening

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums

Re: Awakening

Postby Sighclone » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:44 pm

tb -

Congratulations, and welcome to a growing club. In his wonderful new books, "Presence, Vols I and II," Rupert Spira talks about an initial "recognition" followed by decades of unraveling and unwinding of old stuff. Just because that moment has become a memory does not mean that other "experiences" will not arrive. Some of them will be similar, but others simply resonant with it. Synchronicities (coincidences) are part of it...watch for them.

The "space for the suffering" has been referred to as the 'divine witness.' (If you need a term.) Sounds like you have touched the witness, which is your home, and as the "final subject," eventually dissolves also...not to worry about that, though, because it just dissolves into the homey peace you felt yesterday.

In both of his last two books ("How Long is Now" and " and "The Mystery Experience"), Tim Freke takes a somewhat Kashmir Shaivistic perspective that we can have our cake and eat it too: the "false self" isn't really false, Eckhart, it is just a "relative self." It is the kind of self that, in conventional life we call "a person." It is, in nondual terms, a "body-mind-personality" (thanks, Mooji for adding the 'personality' piece.) Gary Weber had a red scarf on in the photo on his wonderful book "Happiness Beyond Thought." Even Ramana's decision to wear a diaper...all part of personality.

And the "little me " self is your gamepiece in this world, and to he extent that you feel free will working in you, you can change that. That is the value of conventional therapies.

Don't worry about the thought-stream. It will be there as long as needed...and it can contain splendid thoughts, too!!

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Testigo » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:59 pm

One night, more than three years ago, while preparing myself for a good position laying down on the sofa to watch TV, almost casually I said twice ”I am” following one of the suggestions of Tolle. Very difficult to describe with words what happened then: I found myself surrounded or absorbed by a wonderful light, and a feeling of inefable peace took posession of me. I was one with that light, with the moment, with the Universe. I could feel that my concience was 100% with it, and that NOTHING around me could be more important than the experience itself. The world just ceased to exist, and for ”many hours” I enjoyed it. When finally I ”woke up”, the first thing that I realized was that the process of getting into the experience had not been concient, that is, that I got inside it gradually, in the same way one falls asleep. I felt like having been the whole night having the experience. Very soon I realized that that could not be possible: My wife was in the same room and she was still in the same place I have seen her last. I can’t say how long the experience took: It could be just a fraction of a second or perhaps a few minutes as much. I really don’t know. That experience has not been repeated, by I wrote it here to attest that in the teachings of Tolle are an inmense truth.
TESTIGO
TESTIGO

To land Here and Now
Testigo

Postby elsurfe » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Webwanderer wrote:From Leonard Jacobson:

The third step is right understanding. We are souls on an extraordinary journey. Once you know the true nature of your journey, you will begin to awaken.

And how do i know which is my journey?, im in a moment of my life that i don't know who i am and what is my way in the earth.
elsurfe

Postby Webwanderer » Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:15 pm

elsurfe wrote:
And how do i know which is my journey?, im in a moment of my life that i don't know who i am and what is my way in the earth.

For a few it can come in a flash. For most it's a transition, like the dawn of a new day only it's the dawn of a new perspective on life.

My suggestion is to not be overly concerned with not knowing who you are or what your path is in life. It's more important to find some quietude of mind and an openness to what is. What's important in life will come more clearly through a quiet mind than a fearfully concerned one.

If you focus a good deal on not knowing you may endow that not knowing experience with more energy, therefore bringing unwanted attention to the mental confusion. Better is to focus on what you do know and allow clarity to grow over time. It's not so much an analytical process in any case, although some thought can play a role and be helpful. It's more of a feeling exploration. What feels right in your consideration of the nature of being - your being? Sit in quiet contemplation through your feeling nature whenever you can of what it genuinely feels like to be you - apart from any thoughts to define it.

There's no right or wrong answer here. There is only a gentle, but focused, curiosity and an exploration into your true nature. Be patient. Give it a few weeks or even months. Once you recognize the increased clarity that comes with consistent experience, it will likely become part of your way of life as there is no end to the depth of being that you are. Certainly I have found it to be the case in my own experience.

As to your personal journey in life, in the most general sense, it is likely one of exploration of this human physical world, and the creation of wonderful experiences through the choices you make. There is no right or wrong way to go. Everything has value in a Greater sense. There is however pain and suffering, and joy and happiness. The choices you make generally lead towards one or the other. Again there is value in both.

Emotions are a key guide and a Divine gift. That is why perceiving through our feeling nature is so important. The mind is subject to conceptual beliefs and ego tends to defend its 'me' first perspective through these beliefs. Emotions can expose the truth of our logic no matter how well justified by a conceptual mind set. If an event or experience feels good it's likely to be in alignment with Source, and your true nature. If it feels painful or concerning, it's likely to be out of alignment or more egoic in nature. Trust the guidance of your emotions and see how clarifying and helpful they can be in making choices that bring happiness to your life.

So again, find frequent opportunities for momentary quiet, and feel out your true nature as best you can. No effort is ever wasted. In time clarity will grow and it will become a familiar respite of being that you can always return to when life becomes challenging - and it will. Be patient. Let go of thinking so much about problems and think more of life's beauty and opportunities. Doing so will set you on the path to a happy and fruitful life.

I recently heard a great distinction between desire and need. Desire is expansive and stimulates our creative energies. Neediness is contracting and focuses the mind's energy on lack. One is good and healthy to the human experience, the other - not so much.

WW
Webwanderer

Postby AwakenTheWorld » Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:19 pm

There has been wonderful wisdom shared here. I would like to share another teaching from Adyashanti:

"You do not need to try to get rid of the ego because the ego is always getting rid of itself. You just watch and notice its tendency is to get rid of itself. "

To me this is the Buddhist teaching of Annica or impermanence. Everything is arising and passing away. We simply need to witness and to understand that all is changing - it is this orientation of consciousness which IS awakening. Being OK with what IS.

~Peace
AwakenTheWorld

Postby imago dei » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:38 pm

This post touched my heart, i almost cried.
All my "past" life of extreme pain and unhappiness is just an old memory nowadays...I can't explain it with words....But thank you for sharing again such vital knowledge....
Know thyself.
imago dei

Postby rideforever » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:10 pm

Many have awakening experiences, and then there is a period of integration as the new pieces fall into a new place, a new pattern a new beauty.

But ... I sense that there is much more. When something like this happens and lifts your world into meaning for the first time it so breathtaking ...

And perhaps it happens a second or third time ...

... it seems to me that when it is always happening ... when there is no more waiting for integration ... when there is just diving deeper into surrender you become the endless prayer, opening your heart deeper, and then deeper,
and then ever ever ever deeper ...

... a cascade
... ... a critical mass
... ... ... no more integration
... ... ... ... only ever surrender ...

surrender and love,
... surrender to love,
... ... surrender in love

deeper and deeper ... and ever ever deeper

and you are gone,
... ... ... ... ... .. gone ...
... .... ... ... ... ... ... ... far beyond ...

the stars .... eternity ...

-----> the prayer
-------------------> the wind
-----------------------------------> always ------> ever
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:09 am

That is beautiful rideforever.

Can I ask (nudge gently).. how can one go 'beyond' what one is? (eternity etc)
or indeed, 'go' anywhere?

or, did you mean to convey the notion of at one with...

Also, in terms of surrender... it suggests an awareness of the 'tensions' at play within itself, 'vis-a-vis' tension surrender<>resistance, so as yet not totally collapsed into 'is', just at a different perspective of it.

I hesitate to use the word equilibrium as it may have connotation from other discussions, but when surrender<>resistance are collapsed as one there is oneness of all 'senses' collapsed in unison / harmony, rather than the 'separating' notion of surrender, on one end of the scale of which the whole scale is perfection. You can 'choose' to surrender, or to resist, but that is still object-subject. (no choice is wrong, just brings a different experience)

Forgive me further... please understand I am not invalidating, merely exploring within these incredibly wise words (eek!!)
when there is no more waiting for integration ... when there is just diving deeper into surrender you become the endless prayer, opening your heart deeper, and then deeper,
and then ever ever ever deeper ...

Absolutely!!!
But the difference is .... when there is no more waiting for integration...
not
... ... ... no more integration

But no more waiting for ....

... does that make sense?
integration of all the perceptions and tensions and beingness - as love

(the step beyond adding love, to love and in love IS love - as love)

Apologies if I stepped too far out :wink:

I do love what you've written, the essence of it is pure beauty.
Thank you for sharing it.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby rideforever » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:41 am

SJ, perhaps you could reflect on why you wrote more than 4 words in your last post.
I was proud, and I demanded the finest teacher
.. .. and when he appeared
.. .. .. .. I was so small
rideforever

Postby smiileyjen101 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:41 pm

Did, do, done.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby ZenCowgirl » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 pm

what a very nice pagefull.
ZenCowgirl

Postby imago dei » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:49 am

I would add to my previous post that awakening is very shocking and also painful, at least in my experience.
I think one needs long time to digest the whole thing, coz it's very painful to realize from one moment to another how many mistakes have we done, how many people did we make go away from us, how many good opportunities did we reject....It's like taking away a spear from our heart, and this process is not easy to manage, at least for me.
At the same time it feels like heaven though, that spear made us not live anymore....But it's not easy to get used to a new perfect life, afer having been in hell for long time.
I woke up in 2009 and i still feel "shocked" in a good sense, at seeing that nobody and nothing is able to hurt me anymore, no loneliness, no abandonment nor any "failure" can make me desperate anymore....i can't explain how does it feel...
Know thyself.
imago dei

Postby ZenCowgirl » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:21 pm

imago:
I know you already know everything I will say below :D Also, I am not claiming enlightenment or awake-ness, but moved to reply just to keep this thread going.

I think that one has to realize the entertainment of the idea of pain or regret about those you turned away or those opportunities you missed is just that: the the entertainment of the idea of pain or regret. It is not "the truth."

In truth, you made no one do anything.
In truth, the opportunity is always now, it was never "then" or in the "future."

2009 was not then; it is now. You are healing to the entire world as you live with the blessed realization that no one and nothing can hurt you, no desperation can reach you and as you share that blessed realization, with or without words. Probably, for some of us, sharing it without words is the way.
ZenCowgirl

Postby Sighclone » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:08 am

It is so pleasant to read consistent, delightful comments from long-time members like ZenCowGirl and many others. Grace and Love are there for us at whatever "level / no level" of consciousness we occupy. Our capacity to hear/feel/retransmit them expands as we grow spiritually. I think we do the best we can most of the time with other people.

Past pains and mistakes, if truly caused by us, were the best we could do then. And we can use the conduits of shame and blame and guilt to feel them all over again if we want to. (And our imperfect but self-sustaining egos often want to feel them again.) But after enough progress we have other options, or, perhaps better said, other perspectives become so ingrained that the need to revisit is depleted.

My life is not perfect. I don't use that word any more regarding life, and was a bit surprised to see it in imago's post. Can you help me understand what you mean?

Thanks,

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
Sighclone

Postby Webwanderer » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:44 am

On perfection: If one creates a system with perfect checks and balances, perfect cause and effect, does the experience of that system, even though it often consists of pain and suffering, mean the system is not perfect? Or is that we just don't always understand the system?

WW
Webwanderer

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion