Here you can introduce yourself to the rest of the members and visitors.

How old are you?

13-18
5%
19-25
21%
26-35
24%
36-45
19%
46-55
19%
56-65
10%
66-75
3%
76- ...
0%

Total votes : 567

Re: Age

Postby anewmirth » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:01 am

Turning 40 on Halloween... It's not such a scary thought though.
anewmirth

Postby kiki » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:38 am

Wish I were turning 40.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby Rick » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:48 am

kiki wrote:Wish I were turning 40.

Hmmm. I thought you knew you were ageless :-)
Daily life IS spiritual exercise.
Rick

Postby AlohaFriends » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:19 pm

Kiki, Thank you for sending me a PM. I couldn't find a way to send my response to your box...I finally found "Compose Message" . I clicked and found this "We are sorry, you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.
AlohaFriends

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:23 am

Turning 40 on Halloween... It's not such a scary thought though.

:D on so many levels - wishing you a lovely celebration of you joining the stage.

All Hallows E'en - the eve we make our ready for the winter circumstance, bring in the provisions and animals, meet with our neighbours as we'll see less of them and some may pass before the new year arrives, closing all the windows and doors and lighting candles to see where the draughts are and fixing them before the snaw...

(hmm you're downunder too aren't you mirth?) .. doesn't apply.. we should make a new 'thing' instead - maybe something about making sure all the fly screens are well repaired to hold out the summer mozzies :lol:

Wish I were turning 40.

Once was enough for me :wink:
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
http://www.balancinginfluences.com
smiileyjen101

Postby anewmirth » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:05 pm

smiileyjen101 wrote:
:D on so many levels - wishing you a lovely celebration of you joining the stage.

All Hallows E'en - the eve we make our ready for the winter circumstance, bring in the provisions and animals, meet with our neighbours as we'll see less of them and some may pass before the new year arrives, closing all the windows and doors and lighting candles to see where the draughts are and fixing them before the snaw...

(hmm you're downunder too aren't you mirth?) .. doesn't apply.. we should make a new 'thing' instead - maybe something about making sure all the fly screens are well repaired to hold out the summer mozzies :lol:

Thanks so much smiileyjen :D Yes I'm downunder so it's a bit different. I loved your traditional explanation of All Hallows E'en though. It made me think of the more long term changes that are occurring though which obviously affect the whole world.
anewmirth

Postby smiileyjen101 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:09 pm

I loved your traditional explanation of All Hallows E'en though. It made me think of the more long term changes that are occurring though which obviously affect the whole world.

:wink: It is helpful to go to the 'source' of a thing isn't it.

For me, All Hallows - the first day 'tucked up' with all the harvest work done, and New Year (although that's been 'moved' a little) are the most auspicious days. Days to take stock, to look back and to look forward in rest and comfort, whatever that comfort may be.

I guess downunder we'll be having the 'summer solstice' at the end of the Mayan calendar this year. I once climbed an awesome mountain on the summer solstice in Scotland. You can see both the west and east coasts from the top, so depending on which way you're turning you can see the sun setting and rising at the same time. Defies initial logic, but has its explanations by its position on the globe.

My granddaughter was born on Hogmany, so while she would have been having visitors galore 'afore the auld year ends', celebrating the being at the end of it, she'll now be having 'fireworks' on her birth day. Can't say I'm much a fan of fireworks, all fizz and fizzle.
Our rights start deep within our humanity; they end where another's begin~~ SmileyJen
smiileyjen101

Postby Mariposa » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:15 pm

Turned 26 yesterday :mrgreen:
Mariposa

Postby smiileyjen101 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 am

Happy Birthday for yesterday Mariposa.

... hmm... there's no fireworks smiley here
:D
Hope this one lights up your day...
smiileyjen101

Postby riverlyn53 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:56 pm

riverlyn53

Postby kiki » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:45 pm

Welcome to the board, riverlyn.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---
Your donation will help keep us online.
kiki

Postby realm » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:13 pm

21 now. I still got the felling of loss that couple of years is lost as I am at this situation now. For example my mind tries to compare me with others 'at the moment' situation where somebody is studying at the university or having a lot of friends while I can not brag with what they got.
This kind of thought's started to come out when I realized how my life is being driven by 'ego machine programmed thing' what ever you call it. From the other side my mind says that they did not experience what I had and I am less likely to fail in the further road to something like 'isness' maybe. Probably I am saying this one becouse I did not got graduated like everybody else did.
realm

Re: Age 75

Postby EileenDavid » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:35 am

75 years old April 14 :shock:
EileenDavid

Postby henisoomati » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:50 pm

I'll be 46 in November
henisoomati

Postby theslymoose » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:24 pm

theslymoose