Too much spirituo-babble

A place for anything that doesn't fit into the existing forums
Vpopov81

Re: Too much spirituo-babble

Post by Vpopov81 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 5:49 pm

heidi wrote:Well then, Vpopov81, I'm sure you can find something better to do with yourself than hanging around here reading all the babble and spending your energy pointing it out to the members here. :)

When you read posts that seem silly or don't resonate with you, why not simply ignore them?

Yes I should and will, after I posted my rant I regretted it.

weichen

Post by weichen » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:33 pm

In "A guide for Spiritual teacher" by Tolle, he talked about a spiritual teacher (a she), who shouts in her office everyday, her secretary was very stressed. of course Tolle did not mention her name.

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:35 pm

weichen wrote:In "A guide for Spiritual teacher" by Tolle, he talked about a famouse spiritual teacher (a she), who shouts in her office everyday, her secretary was very stressed.
Are you sure he didnt mean before becoming a spiritual teacher? I can't imagine eckhart pointing to a spiritual teacher who shouts in her office evryd day

weichen

Post by weichen » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:14 am

Tolle makes the point that the pathway of enlightenment for spiritual teacher is likely to be in this order
in dealing with students in auditorium (easiest)
then with subordinates in office
lastly with family members at home (most difficult)

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:58 pm

'refrain from drinking alcohol, but also from getting drunk on nirvana!' That's the most sound advice I've heard for a long, long time! What the Buddhists call Nirvana, would you seriously want it? Eternal bliss and nothing more? No more learning, enquiring, finding out? Don't you think that would be incredibly boring? It certainly doesn't appeal to me. With love - Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:54 pm

aquarius123esoteric wrote:'refrain from drinking alcohol, but also from getting drunk on nirvana!' That's the most sound advice I've heard for a long, long time! What the Buddhists call Nirvana, would you seriously want it? Eternal bliss and nothing more? No more learning, enquiring, finding out? Don't you think that would be incredibly boring? It certainly doesn't appeal to me. With love - Aquarius

My opinion on that would be to point what what Christians call heaven isn't what Jesus meant by heaven, and I have no doubt that buddhist interpretation of nirvana is not the BUddhas.

You gotta understand that these people lived in mythic times so expressed themselves in mythical terms. These people are basically the primordial psychologists. In the buddhas noble truths, after his 3rd truth of the cessastion of sufeering, comes the 4th, the path that leads to the cessation. I always asked myself why the path to cessation came after the actual cessation of suffering, and the answer is that the path is what is necessary to maintain teh cessation. Nothing in life is static not even nirvana, once you reach nirvana, you can easily through unskillful action wind up in hell. Its your choice, if you don't want eternal nirvana, no one is forcing you, but if you do, the option is there, live skillfully.

sailing

Post by sailing » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:23 am

Hi Heidi,
I would like to point out that when I first started reading on the forum, I came across a whole lot of long-winded nothingness and it freaked me out so much that I thought I'd found the wrong place to explore further, my understanding of the experience that Tolle teaches about. Fortuneatly I read further and found simple folk who were talking on a level I could relate to. Anyway, I braved a post and low and behold I was welcomed and have received helpful feedback on several further posts.

I value honesty very highly and was glad to see that someone had the forthrightness to say that everything that is said on this forum is not necessarily helpful for everyone. I for one, have said stupid things and I just leave it to you to forgive. It is my responsibility to forgive those who offend my sensibilities and press on. So perhaps a little tact was missing but I tip my hat to Vpopov for not being afraid to say his feelings. After all, this would be a very scary forum if you were put down for stating your truth.

Your sister, sailing
"We are sailing, stormy waters, to be near you, to be free."
Rod Stewart

Vpopov81

Post by Vpopov81 » Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:01 am

Yes I have realized I need to be a bit more tactful not because its not nice but I am seeing it is counterproductive to blatantly criticize people in a negative way. I will work on it :shock:

Onceler

Post by Onceler » Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:06 pm

Good to see you back, Sailing. I hope everything is well in your reality.

You're right there is a lot of long-windedness on this forum and I certainly do my share. What I have noticed is that even the posts I skim or don't agree with usually are helpful to someone else. I read with interest that someone found meaning and connections where I did not. That has helped me, in a small way, not to judge what is helpful/meaningful to another, because it is not my business direcectly. It is my business to be open to others.

Maybe perfection (in spiritual forums) is not real, nor particularily helpful as a concept?

Perhaps we are stones being smoothed by an unstoppable river of words and concepts.
Be present, be pleasant.

aquarius123esoteric

Post by aquarius123esoteric » Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:33 pm

Dear Onceler - the perfection we are seeking is wholeness, i.e. integrating ever more of the qualities which our Divine parents are bestowing upon us.

By the way, it's highly unwise to ever sit in judgement over anyone, because we cannot possibly know their Karma or the life lessons they have come to integrate, in the course of their present lifetime.

With love and light,
Aquarius
So long as this you fail to see:
That death precedes re-birth!
A gloomy guest you’ll always be,
Upon this darkling Earth.

Goethe

You can find my writings and download
them free of charge from my website
www.raysofwisdom.com