NDEs and Vedanta

OBE's, NDE's, lucid dreams, and the like...
kiki

Re: NDEs and Vedanta

Post by kiki » Fri May 14, 2021 5:05 am

Great quote from Nanci D! It's similar to the definition of sahaja samadhi in traditional vedanta. As is your experience Andy. I resonate with it a lot.
runstrails, just to clear things up (and not that it really matters), but that quote you mentioned is actually from me, not Nanci Denison. The way Andy inserted it juxtaposed with her name gave the impression it was from her. I am both amused and flummoxed by this mixup since Andy is usually pretty clear about what he submits. If I don't highlight this variation of the 'telephone game' I have to wonder what will become of me...Somehow I've got to keep my ego happy by straightening out this little slip-up.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

runstrails

Post by runstrails » Fri May 14, 2021 9:09 pm

That is funny Kiki! Thanks for clarifying. It's a great quote no matter from whence it comes :D.

kiki

Post by kiki » Fri May 14, 2021 11:40 pm

I can't recall the exact details, but years ago I was on a website (don't remember which one or even what the topic was) and read a post that seemed very familiar. It turned out it was something I said years earlier. Apparently, it was good enough that someone thought they'd appropriate it for themselves and it got a lot of thumbs up from readers. I felt both honored and stung by the outright plagiarism.
"Miss Kelly, perhaps you'd like this flower. I seem to have misplaced my buttonhole ... Miss Kelly, you know, when you wear my flower you make it look beautiful." Elwood P. Dowd
---

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Sun May 16, 2021 3:28 am

Sorry for the confusion....I needed a set of asterisks or something...

Nanci actually doesn't talk too much about awakening...she thinks she "merged with Source for a while" (that's a paraphrase)...mostly she talks about the discarnate soul bumping around in what some refer to as the "lower astral plane" - merging with other souls, etc. She does emphasize, though, that the big message is unconditional love.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
The present holds the complete sum of existence - Whitehead