Is Eckhart FULLY realized?

Talk about anything Tolle-related here.
wsmcasey

Re: Is Eckhart FULLY realized?

Post by wsmcasey » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:50 pm

As long as you are alive you will have an ego. You can't stop it.

It's like people saying that when they meditate they try and stop thinking. Your brain is an organ that is constantly working and you can't stop it anymore than you can stop your heart from pumping or stop your lungs from breathing.
Relax and let life happen.

wsmcasey

Post by wsmcasey » Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:08 pm

Honestly, Mooji and Papaji had me confused for a very long time with a lot of indirect language to make you come up the conclusion that you are God. "You must cut off the head before entering their temple"

Eckhart is very direct with his language and doesn't beat around the bush. I for one truly appreciate this. Yes, his silence between words can be jarring to some people at first, but it is what it is. Always.

I enjoy different perspectives and have studied Allan Watt, Sadhguru and Eckhart Tolle among others and each of them have greatly contributed to my personal growth over the past 10 years.

I'll leave you with a Mooji quote I heard once (maybe it's his or he got it from Papaji)

I am the ocean.
The waves are water.
The ocean is water.
The minute something lives it's a wave.
It comes into time and it rolls along the surface and you call that a life.
When it subsides you call that a death, but it is only water.
Who dies?
Only name, form and belief.
Who am I?
I am.
Relax and let life happen.

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:41 pm

Nice quote. We do have a provisional, local identity, also labelled as a 'personality.' The nondual resistance to 'doership' is part of the 'free will' argument, and there are legitimate arguments on both sides. Awakening does not mean then end of a relative identity as "little me," but rather a recognition that our absolute identity is much deeper.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
The present holds the complete sum of existence - Whitehead

PureLand

Post by PureLand » Sun Apr 11, 2021 6:01 pm

sevenworlds wrote:
Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:31 pm
The feeling I have with Eckhart is there is some very slight effort involved to remain "present".
There is absolutely no effort involved to remain present for Eckhart.. That's literally impossible.. Eckhart went through a spiritual process where he permanently reached spontaneous awareness, presence state.. Some people call this enlightenment, I have my opinion but that's not important.. Both the people who says that this stage is enlightenment and other people says that it's not they all right.. Because the process continues.. And let me give you more info about our teacher.. He didn't stay at that permanent inner peace stage.. As he reached to that stage many years ago, and he is old man now, he continiued the spiritual journey and reached very very high spritual stages.. Where the divine awareness is much more than the form awareness..

In the last days I can understand more and more Eckhart, Rupert and other wonderful awake spiritual teachers.. Where the consciousness/awareness comes with full force to me and literally "captures" me for long periods of time.. The bliss, contentment and joy is really amazing.. I frequently close my eyes and enjoy the deep peace... Even though this is still a transition stage it's still amazing.. I don't know which stage it is, but it came after having another supernatural experience in the sleep--that happened before many times.. That's really amazing..

I want to thank Eckhart and all of the other spiritual teachers that helped me in this journey.. They don't only liberate our physical lifes but also afterlifes too..

Thank you Eckhart....

Sighclone

Post by Sighclone » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:29 am

You might enjoy "Journey of Your Soul" by Shepherd Hoodwin. It's all about the relative form of "me" that survives the death of the body, and its journey. I searched around for a reference to awakening and finally found it on page 366 (Second Edition, North Atlantic Books.) Warning: this is about soul paths, channeled by an entity called "Michael." And this post is not a formal endorsement.

But I think you would enjoy it.

Andy
A person is not a thing or a process, but an opening through which the universe manifests. - Martin Heidegger
There is not past, no future; everything flows in an eternal present. - James Joyce
The present holds the complete sum of existence - Whitehead